Would you ever try to hog all religions?

Would you ever try to hog all religions?

• Yes I would!

Votes: 61 57.0%
  • No i would not.

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • I might try it once.

Votes: 32 29.9%

• Total voters

Bloodsfire

Chieftain
Would you ever go straight for as many religions as you can get and try to hog them all?

For those games where you end up taking over the whole world, what choice will you have? Natural side effect.

It could be more hassel than its worth. I'm assuming that other civs, even if they don't found the Holy city are going to have a vested interest in getting hold of it. If you've got all the holy cities in your Empire you might be subjected to Crusade after crusade as they try to take them from you.
Look at the real holy land...people have benn fighting over that area since...well since forever!

I'll try it once. And see what is going to happen...

Cant imagine this idea becomeing a habbit for me but i would have to try it once. It could be a good idea sometimes just to prevent others from having the benefits of certain aspects of this.

I'd give it a go but I think Fireaxis have accounted for this, you have a state relgion and if your populace is fractured (in terms of religion) then you have civil disorder problems-freedom of religion being a late game tech.
Dunno how it would work if you owned the holy city everyone wanted to convert to...

Dont declare a state religion and put your civic option as freedom of religion!(I hope freedom of religion isnt a late game tech!~)

I'll most likely try and see what happens.

Wiping out all blasphemous heathen faiths off the face of the planet sounds more fun, though. :p

Hell YES it would be so cool to be muslim and christian fighting over your own holy land sounds fun

I think it should be allowed in principle i see the potential for cival wars in it myself if you end up with more than one Holy City or major religioues power in your nation. Also attacking a Holy City could anger many people around the world who may rise up and join what shall we call it a Crusade that will do. So you could end up with some units from a fw countries all getting involved in a war you dont really want. Which itself could be a political nightmare, do you have to stop your own troops from doing this.

Himalia said:
I think it should be allowed in principle i see the potential for cival wars in it myself if you end up with more than one Holy City or major religioues power in your nation. Also attacking a Holy City could anger many people around the world who may rise up and join what shall we call it a Crusade that will do. So you could end up with some units from a fw countries all getting involved in a war you dont really want. Which itself could be a political nightmare, do you have to stop your own troops from doing this.
Great idea! I love Civil Wars (not in real life, of course. Ha)

I really dont like the idea of having my empire split in 2!

Remember, the tech tree is split in civ4, so researching one way might bring you buddism while another brings you christianity. You'd have to double back. It be possible on chieftain :)

Top Bottom