WW1 by eivind

Good points, General! :)

I thought off it this way; The barbarians could have this "mutiny unit" and it could appear from events taken from historical demonstrations. Such as the revolution in Russia, that could be barbarian communist units which could terrorize Russia, also from events. Maybe also many of the strikes at the end of the war...? Just some thoughts...

What if we reduced the number of artillery units and replaced it with just two, or something. That way we could include som new units.

I agree with the partisan unit thing.

That sounds like the scenario by Jesus Balsinde. It got a little ridiculous because events spawned about 50 of these guys that had 20 attack rating and they overran russian and then most of eastern europe.

Excuse me, "Jesus Munoz Fernandes". My mistake.

Hmm...Ok, did not know that. Is that scenario available in the download section at CivFan?

Yes, it is available. Its either in the 2nd part of the modern downloads section or the industrial section, you may just have to look.;)

Yes, I've played that, and it is available on this site. It's one of the few WWI scenarios that are actually playable, and I'll give Jesus credit for that. Anyway, we certainly could (and should, IMHO) include some barbarian "Mutiny" events, for the Russian Revolution and French mutinies. It really isn't difficult, and I could do it myself, if (once again) it funcioned on my computer. However, I'll be getting a new one soon, so I may be able to check the actual scn. file later.
Regarding artillery, we should probably make a few such units, but have them all available to every combatant (except the German\Austro-Hungarian unit). It's quite easy to do, and won't require much modifying the .gif file.

Regarding artillery, we should probably make a few such units, but have them all available to every combatant (except the German\Austro-Hungarian unit). It's quite easy to do, and won't require much modifying the .gif file.

I'm not sure if I follow you here... :confused: What do you mean exactly? What I ment was to have one or two general artillery unit for all civs, to make space for other units just as important units...

eivind and limey, Willemvanoranje and I are creating a WW1 scenario that features an in depth events file and every other great thing you can possibly think of. How about we join forces and do something noone has ever done and come out with a scen made by 4 people together!:eek:

Cool, and on the plus side, if it goes terrible then you can all blame each other, :D

Originally posted by Eivind IV
Hehe, the only problem is that my scenario is as good as finished... :(

Quite true, just some "Touch ups" are required. However, we still don't have an events file. Nor do we have a briefing. I would do both of these, but my new computer has WinXP, and I'm having big problems getting anything Civ2-related to work. How finished is your scenario, L4E? If your partner is okay with it, I'd be fine with the idea.
BTW, it would have 5 authors, not 4, assuming The Limey is able to continue on this project.

actually.....:lol: we are just in the planning stage.:crazyeye: oh well as soon as you guys scen comes out we will have somethign to judge it by.:goodjob:

Well, we need somebody to do the briefing/events files. I can't do so for the above reasons. Perhaps we should find someone else to take care of these two files.
BTW eivind, let me clarify my suggested unit changes. Not all artillery was created equal. The Germans and Austro-Hungarians were signifiganly better at using them than anyone else. Not only did they use them better, they had better equipment. The French especially had outdated artillery, using mostly the 75mm (which was also used by the Americans). Therefore, I'm suggesting three or four artillery units. You mentioned "more important units." What exactly do you have in mind? I can make the changes to the rules.txt easily enough, though someone else will have to find the graphics for them.

How are you guys going to handle the infiltration tactics used by the Germans at Riga, Caporetto, and Kaiserschlacht? In 1918, if they had any cavalry left to exploit the breakthrough, they probably could have captured Amiens and forced a different kind of armistice.

You're right about mutinies and near mutinies. Practically every combatant faced a period where at best their troops refused to attack, and at worst shot their officers. Happened to Russia, Italy, France, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkey, and even Germany in the end. What ideas did you decide on?

Yes! The scenario works! Sorry for the heavy delay, though. A couple things to ask, though. First, when I checked the map, one thing struck me... Africa's HUGE! It takes up half the map! Eivind, would you mind if it were made smaller? I (or you, or someone else) can do it easily with a program like MapEdit.
Second, who's doing the events? Since The Limey's apparently out of the project (unless he comes back soon), it looks like either you or I will have to do it, but it sould wait 'til the map's decided on first, of course.

Yep, I know, Africa is huge. It was ment to represent the giant distances and the poor roads in Africa at that time. It was also made huge to represent the little importance and the little progress that was made in Africa during the war. If you bother to shrink it, be my guest :)

Originally posted by Legions4Ever
actually.....:lol: we are just in the planning stage.:crazyeye: oh well as soon as you guys scen comes out we will have somethign to judge it by.:goodjob:

yeah :lol: the problem is that i'm kinda slow :p the units are done (except for graphs, but that's not a big job if we won't create them ourselves), and the tech tree is about halfway i think. Techs are always the hardest of this stage :p

Originally posted by Eivind IV
Yep, I know, Africa is huge. It was ment to represent the giant distances and the poor roads in Africa at that time. It was also made huge to represent the little importance and the little progress that was made in Africa during the war. If you bother to shrink it, be my guest :)

Okay, I haven't thought of it that way. I suppose we should leave it, then. But what about the other things (events, rules)? Am I (or someone else) doing that or not?

Top Bottom