XP Sound problem related to Scenarios

kobayashi

Deity
I just switched to a new computer under Windows XP and now the scenarios do not know how to access the sounds in the master Civ2 directory.

i.e. the replacement sounds that come along with a scenario are played but for sound files which are not meant to be replaced, Civ2 should know how to use the master sound files - but in my case it doesn't. How can this be fixed?

I can temporarily get around this by copying all the sounds from the master sound folder into the scenario's sound folder and choose not to replace but I can't keep doing this or I will have fifty copies of the master sound files all slightly different.

p.s. this is a big deal to me as it means I can't make any new scenarios for the community until I resolve this problem.

I think this has been brought up before, either here or at apolyton... remember something about the target directory that Windows gives the game. Does the game default to "my documents" folder when you try to open stuff? I think it has to do with editing the properties of the link on the start bar, not exactly sure though.

Right click your Civ2 icon, and go to compatibility. Set it to Windows 98. Maybe that'll work.

Top Bottom