[GS] Your Opinion: Worst Civ for each Victory type?

Germany can pollute the fastest and can cause global warming. That means more floods. That means more emergencies so you have more chances to get diplomatic points. If you get flooded, that's just more gold. Also it gives the chance of Climate accords. Since Germany has an edge in production and most contests require it, Germany has the edge. Germany also has more district capacity, giving them more GPP to win that other contest. Access to Great Engineers also means you have a better chance @ Potala/Statue of Liberty

Favor is overrated because you cannot overcome the last vote without murdering over half the world and that's not really a diplo victory It is more important to build wonders (again production). Also people blow all their favor to vote against you anyways so if you can't win there, you will win with the next vote. Also carbon recapture gives favor if you care about that.

Gold is useless because the AIs stop selling you favor once you've made progress on a DV.

Germany is actually very good at diplo victories, if you're not going for the "I can't believe it's not domination" DV. Also you can kill CS's that you cannot control so nobody else gets favor too...

There's also a lot of bad ones. For example, I recall numerous posts that say religious civs are bad for a diplomatic victory because they cause grievances even though founding a religion doesn't force you to spread it everywhere. If you're not going for a religious victory, it may not be a good idea anyways because other civs can benefit from having your religion.

Or a civ would go another victory (even though it may be better at the topic's victory anyways). It is disingenuous, because you can make any civ look bad by playing it as stupidly as possible. It is also part of the nature of the game that one downplays stuff for civs that one wants to downvote.

Yes that happens everywhere but a new player would struggle to filter these things out.
There were also many people downvoting non-religious civs for DV because they wouldn’t be able to build Mahabodhi Temple. I think the wisdom of the crowd is generally good.

There were also many people downvoting non-religious civs for DV because they wouldn’t be able to build Mahabodhi Temple. I think the wisdom of the crowd is generally good

I think aggressively pushing that is also questionable, lol.

I mean I understand that too, since I brought it up earlier but I feel in practice founding a religion just to build that wonder is rather risky. It would probably be required in the fastest run but I'm skeptical to see that as the norm.

I don't say the are bad at DV, none of the civs is. What i say is that if you want to use all german uniques, you are going against DV. You can easilly cancel greviances from conquering civs. You cannot do the same with attacking city states. While you can build diplo wonders with any civ by managing great people (most of GE are trash, so everyone target specific one), you can win emergencies with any civ, though gold generating civs do sacrifice less, etc.
Also you can kill CS's that you cannot control so nobody else gets favor too...
This gives greviances to every other civ and those greviances are not magically cancelled as it happens with killing civs by loyality pressure

Yes GEs are bad but doesn't Germany naturally get them instead of having to invest into a weak district ( until Industrial)?

Also by late game I put forth so much favor that grievances rarely bother me because I own the rest of the cs's. I would rather care about reducing rival favor.

But as I said above this is purely academical. At least when I play, a few hundred favor is not the deciding factor.

Last edited:
The worst Civs per victory type also depends on whom you're facing.

So... I'd say Culture Victory as Scotland Vs. Greece, China, Russia, Brazil, and Kongo would be pretty rough going

Last edited:
One can also factor in map size/type. I imagine domination victory is harder on a huge map, for instance.

Domination - Canada
Points - Canada
Religious - Kongo
Diplomatic - Kongo
Science - Any crap civ that cannot get culture or science early or domintate... including Canada
Culture probably canada again
What do you have against Canada?:lol:

Reactions: LMT
Top Bottom