NBA Offseason/Labormagedon thread

I know everybody's seen this already, but I wanted to post it here anyway on my authority as a DC area resident:

Yeah, no way I'd make that trade if I'm LA.

that's not the issue though; the real issue is that howard won't really commit to signing to LAC and thus it's not actually on the table

i'd do it it in a heartbeat if it was ryan anderson instead

Most of the them late in the game, D'antoni played him for 45 minutes. He got exhausted since he's used to not playing at all.

That guy is a horrible coach.

d'antoni might not be the best coach, but it's his pick and roll pg centric system that gives lin the incredibly high usage rate to flourish

Rode the MAX, Portland's light rail system, today and sat next to Chandler Parsons. :cool:

I predict he'll only get better with Stat's return as to call him an upgrade over jeffries is the understatement of the year. It all depends on how much Melo decides to kill the ball movement when he gets back in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully hes seeing all this from the bench and doesn't go into isolation every damn play.

I predict he'll only get better with Stat's return as to call him an upgrade over jeffries is the understatement of the year. It all depends on how much Melo decides to kill the ball movement when he gets back in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully hes seeing all this from the bench and doesn't go into isolation every damn play.

Maybe Denver will reverse the trade they did last year.

What happened with Dwight?

I think we're going to see a regression to Lin's mean pretty soon. What he did was pretty impressive, but it also against 3 fairly crappy teams, and buoyed by strong performances from something called a Steve Novak. His ability to penetrate and get to the rim will really struggle once he faces teams with athletic interior defenders. I don't think his jump shot is good enough to offset that.

That being said, he's demonstrated he's better than the other PG's on the roster, and if he plays even at 60% of this level, he'll be better than Baron Davis when he comes back. Getting actual distribution out of the PG spot should be enough to carry the Knicks into the playoffs.

Not bad for an undrafted free agent!

How is Luol Deng an all-star?

Code:
G	GS	MPG	FG%	3P%	FT%	OFF	DEF	RPG	APG	SPG	BPG	TO	PF	PPG
21 	17 	38.0 	.439 	.371 	.758 	1.6 	5.7 	7.3 	2.5 	1.2 	0.7 	1.7 	1.5 	16.0

What happened with Dwight?

I think we're going to see a regression to Lin's mean pretty soon. What he did was pretty impressive, but it also against 3 fairly crappy teams, and buoyed by strong performances from something called a Steve Novak. His ability to penetrate and get to the rim will really struggle once he faces teams with athletic interior defenders. I don't think his jump shot is good enough to offset that.

That being said, he's demonstrated he's better than the other PG's on the roster, and if he plays even at 60% of this level, he'll be better than Baron Davis when he comes back. Getting actual distribution out of the PG spot should be enough to carry the Knicks into the playoffs.

Not bad for an undrafted free agent!

20+ points/ 20+ rebounds ;)

He's in NEW YAWK so he's more important. he's also only started 3 games and he's gone for what, 20 and 8 each time?

His PG matchup isn't the most important thing...there aren't THAT many point guards who are excellent individual, on ball defenders. What's going to be interesting is how he adapts to strong interior defenders. If Lin can't get to the basket, his ability to set up easy jump shots or score himself will be hurt, since he hasn't shown he's a very good jump shooter yet.

He may very well be a perfectly good rotation point guard. He's got great size and a good handle. but in the words of the immortal Winston Wolf, "lets not go round sucking each other's dongs just yet."

Evan Turner has become a pretty good defender for the Night Shift eh Justo? I wonder what kind of production he would give to a team that didn't have a logjam at the wing. I wonder if the Sixers try to make a trade and go all in this season, since with a few lucky breaks, they might be an Eastern Conference Finals team right now. After the top 2 in the East, there isn't really a great team.

He'll probably go crazy against the Lakers, their PG play is terrible.

DING! DING! DING!

The hype will now go, well, hyper.

DING! DING! DING!

The hype will now go, well, hyper.

statistically the lakers' d against opposing point guards has actually been substantially better this season, they're averaging around 15 per against rather than a ludicrous 19 last season

Top Bottom