escapist magazine 4/12/13

Eagle Pursuit

Per Scribendum, Volo
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ation-V-Brave-New-World-Preview-Shaka-Returns

Shaka & Zulu are in; like skulls

Maria I is leader of Portugal

Portugal gets a UI that gets resources from neighboring city-states, looks like the Feitoria. In one screenshot it is being built in a city-state as well. Is this how they get neighbors' goods?

Looks like a naval UU for Portugal too, the Nau. It looks to be a Caravel replacement with coastal raider 1 & 2. per another source, it can trade with a city-state one time only for gold

World Congress screenshot

Vote trading is in the usual trading window in diplomacy

Assur is obviously capital of Assyria

Archeologist is a civilian unit. built in cities with universities.

Bratislava is a cultural city-state

Panama City city-state

That Chateau thing is an improvement of some sort. Tourism? Maybe French UI. I hope they ditch the Musketeer for it.

Great Artists & works:
- Raja Ravi Varma - Sri Shanmukaha Subramania Swami
- El Greco - View of Toledo

So its Maria the Mad instead of Maria II?

The new naval UU is The Nau (Carrack).

Of the city states in the World Congress screenshot I can make out Jerusalem, Panama City (new maritime), Monaco, Vittenberg, Cape Town and Prague. I cant make out what the name of the militaristic one at the top is (short 4 or 5 letter name).

Theres a new notification icon of a map with an checkmark on it (world congress?)

In the sixth image theres this little gem:

That looks exactly like one of the buildings from the poster. Looks like an offensive improvement you can build in city state borders which matches the Portugese UA.

Found this in the eight image (updated with better shot from tenth image):

Looks like the Chateau from the poster. Its next to Lyon and theres two other improvements like it around the city. New french improvement it looks like.

So they went with Indiana Jones for the Archaeologist portrait.

Good find!

I love Shaka's leaderscreen, and worst nightmare before gunpowder....

Calling it now!
Horns of the Bull: All pre-industrial land units gain +1 movement and additional flanking bonus.
Impi a pikemen replacement which ignore ZOC and begin with shock promotion.
dunno UU/UB/UI

So two female leaders in Portugal... and they went with the mad one.

:cringe:

Otherwise, cool stuff!

Edit: I see Jerusalem. No Israel I suppose.

:drool:

It's like a whole new game. :) The art for the feitoria is awesome by the way...it sounds like a pretty cool UI too! Essentially build it in city-state territory and reap the benefits of their happiness resources without having to pay for Friend or Ally status. :)

So the host civ for World Congress gets double votes for first 2 sessions and the number of delegates changes each session at least at first. Also having a diplomat in a civ and/or the same ideology will let you know their goals and stance on proposals. Interesting will make espionage help diplomacy and remove some randomness from Ai patterns in WC since you can know and plan, and bribe.

edit. Sorry votes change by era not session.

Just saw this! But the Escapist Magazine's ruddy adverts are in the way of all the screenshots for me on my laptop! Argh! :(

Edit: Finally my laptop started to wake up and respond to my clicking the image - fixed! :p

My god, I'm so excited for June. This is going to be a great expansion.

Also, it's Pedro the II of Brazil! Confirmed. Look in the Congress Screenshot

Portugal UU is Nau from screenshot with Assur, UI feitoria seems to be built in city-state borders from same screenshot.
the Nau has coastal raiders promo I and II and three triangle bonii, does this suggest what it replaces?

Portugal UU is Nau from screenshot with Assur, UI feitoria seems to be built in city-state borders from same screenshot.
the Nau has coastal raiders promo I and II and three triangle bonii, does this suggest what it replaces?

Could be like a Seebager from the dutch.

Panama City is finally in LOL

Just saw this! But the Escapist Magazine's ruddy adverts are in the way of all the screenshots for me on my laptop! Argh! :(

Edit: Finally my laptop started to wake up and respond to my clicking the image - fixed! :p

My god, I'm so excited for June. This is going to be a great expansion.

Also, it's Pedro the II of Brazil! Confirmed. Look in the Congress Screenshot

It's July D:

Can't the Nau be a replacement for the Caravel? If it was a replacement for the privateer, wouldn't it have a lower combat score? Perhaps the special thing with the Nau is that it gets one extra movement and start off with raider promotions 1&2?

It's similiar to the Seabeggar though

I like Portugal's colour and the World Congress looks interesting.
BAN WHALING!
TAKE THAT ODA AND HARALD!:mwaha:

Top Bottom