escapist magazine 4/12/13

French workers are building a new improvement, maybe a Château.
It looks like France is getting a giant overhaul. I wonder if we'll have to say goodbye to the French Foreign Legion.

As I've only played civ 5, has any civ gotten such a major overhaul earlier? New UA, perhaps a new UI. Sounds like France not necessarily will be a warmonger anymore. But they go so far as to replacing Napoleon as their leader, no?

Wow, so many amazing screenshots with new information.

The city state has a new improvement that looks like some sort of Fort with a Harbor besides it. What do people make of that? Is the Brazilian trireme interacting with this structure, or just randomly placed beside it? Will this be related to trade routes?

Sounds like a feitoria to me.

Wow, so many new things!

Great to see confirmation of Portugal at last, although I'm still bummed about their leader (they didn't even pick the right Maria!). Shaka's leader screen is awesome though.

Perhaps the most interesting thing is the new French UI. I'm guessing it generates tourism.

As I've only played civ 5, has any civ gotten such a major overhaul earlier? New UA, perhaps a new UI. Sounds like France not necessarily will be a warmonger anymore. But they go so far as to replacing Napoleon as their leader, no?

The biggest overhaul we had in Gods&Kings was England getting an extra spy.
Right now it seems like France is getting completely reworked with a new UA and a possible UI replacing one of their UUs.
Gives me hope India will also be overhauled.

Or maybe the french did just cereate Hotels or anything else..

Dennis talked about this yesterday.

Call this the dog that didn't bark: none of the screenshots shows any trading posts. Confirmation that they have been removed?

And unlike previous screenshots that had zero tile improvements except for farms and luxuries, these show lumber mills and mines yet still no trading posts. The mystery continues...

Maria I seems to have a tower from the Pena National Palace in the background. Braga is confirmed as a portuguese town. Maybe after Porto?

Yeah it's the Portuguese trading post.

I am more curious about the structures around Lyons. Not plantations for sure.

What's the new City-State immediately below Panama City on the list in the 2nd image?

Militaristic, ends with la or ía, not Valletta... any ideas?

If you look closely at Geneva in that screenshot you see a new CS quest. they will ask for trade routes, maybe that replaces the old road quest

edit- darn beaten by seconds

Top Bottom