Brave New World Demonstration on Steam Store

Epic Eric

Chieftain
I was browsing the expansion's Steam Store page when I found out they now have a "Download Demo" button there, which is available to anyone, inside or outside North America. I've just downloaded it and it seems to have pretty much everything from the actual expansion pack, even though it doesn't have any support to achievements or other DLC, since it's a standalone demo. Also, you can only play as Ahmad al-Mansur/Continents/Small/Quick, beginning in the Medieval Era. I'm not sure if the Civs you play against are pre-defined or anything.

This means that, if you are as anxious as me, don't live in the US or Canada and can't wait another second to get your hands on the new features (without having access to the complete expansion pack, though), at least you can try out this demo version till the 12th.

That would be the Press Built Demo version, meaning you'd be up against Indonesia, Brazil, Poland, Shaka, Assyria and yourself (Morocco).

Available to our European friends? They should like that; at least for a few more days.

Button is greyed-out for my lowly Finnish self... Thank you for lifting me up to the heavens -- then dropping me neck-first onto the cold, cold ground. :cry::mad::sad:

Edit: maybe if I click 800 times it will let me past... That must be the trick! :lol:

That would be the Press Built Demo version, meaning you'd be up against Indonesia, Brazil, Poland, Shaka, Assyria and yourself (Morocco).
I believe that's the case.
Available to our European friends? They should like that; at least for a few more days.
Just a quick replacement for anyone who can't wait a couple of days after several months of wait.

Couple days... you mean less than 48 hours? Seriously, it's 10 P.M, tomorrow is Thursday... then its' Friday... I can even wait that long....

GIVE IT TO ME! *rips the game out of some helpless player*

Didn't you people hear me? It's greyed out for Europe. It's so cruel to put it up when I can't access it... What kind of person would do this? Probably the same who made the release date staggered to begin with... I can imagine some fat corporate scoundrel laughing to his greasy beard right now, while loading up the game in his penthouse on his stately rig with non-existent turn times. :gripe::twitch::aargh::suicide:

Really though I question their logic: what crazy person wouldn't have bought the game by now in America? Perhaps it's the case that other Europeans can access it but not Finns? Wouldn't be the first time something like that happens... Nor the last I bet.

Didn't you people hear me? It's greyed out for Europe. It's so cruel to put it up when I can't access it... What kind of person would do this? Probably the same who made the release date staggered to begin with... I can imagine some fat corporate scoundrel laughing to his greasy beard right now, while loading up the game in his penthouse on his stately rig with non-existent turn times. :gripe::twitch::aargh::suicide:
Works for me from Paris ... Grey yes, clickable too.

Really though I question their logic: what crazy person wouldn't have bought the game by now in America? Perhaps it's the case that other Europeans can access it but not Finns? Wouldn't be the first time something like that happens... Nor the last I bet.

The only reason I can think of is that they are Finnofobic racists.

Well for me (in switzerland), I can press the button but it tells me that this game is not available for my current computer...

Seems to be working for Brazilians (downloading atm).

I got a fever and the only prescription is BNW now!:lol:

Uhm... I live in Brazil and I just spent my whole afternoon playing it. Seriously, it was fantastic! Even though Morocco seems like the meh'est faction of this expansion (IMO), they are fantastic with those trade routes. Got Colossus, quite nice, Marrakech was coastal. Never underestimate the power of a coastal capital. I also managed to get Borobodur: it is better than most people think. It's like an auto-SpreadYourReligionToYourWholeEmpireAndMore, very nice! Was playing with 5 trade routes. I found many islands in this game, if I were Indonesia I wouldn't have a single problem getting the luxuries.

My oponents: Shoshones, Poland, Indonesia, Brazil and Zulus.

My computer shut down when I founded the 1st Congress of Marrakech. I don't think we are able to load games from the demo. Sigh.

Downloading ATM, in Finland, will however take awhile, 3.0GB (atleast for the computer I didn't got anything pre-loaded)

Who can you play as in the demo?

Going to let it download during the night, going to sleep for five hours.

Just Morocco, game starts 260 AD (turn 82) with one settler, one worker and three spearmen, bunch of free social policies which you can spend on whatever you like except ideologies. Every difficulty available, not just Prince like G&K demo.

Just Morocco, game starts 260 AD (turn 82) with one settler, one worker and three spearmen, bunch of free social policies which you can spend on whatever you like except ideologies. Every difficulty available, not just Prince like G&K demo.
Fair enough:)

This really makes my day... It said I needed to log in to Steam (although I already was...) so I did; the button changed shape slightly, but it's still grey and I CAN'T FREAKIN' CLICK it! :mad::wallbash:[pissed]:bump::bump::bump::badcomp::banana::devil::mwaha:

(please send my game to the asylum when I get it the day after tomorrow)

(note that if the actual game refuses to work, I will direct 'Very Bad Things II' all by myself in my apartment :D)

Top Bottom