CIV VI MONTHLY CHALLENGES NOW ON STEAM

tedhebert

Emperor

CIV VI MONTHLY CHALLENGES NOW ON STEAM​

Today we're excited to share that we've introduced all-new monthly challenges to the Steam version of Civilization VI. For a limited time, each of these challenges will afford you an opportunity to test your skills as a specific leader in a unique scenario. The first time you successfully complete each challenge, you'll earn yourself a new in-game Hall of Fame Badge.
To play the current challenge, go to the main menu in-game and click on "Age of Abundance - Challenge of the Month."
The first of these challenges, The Age of Abundance, is already live. We'll update this page with details on upcoming events as they become available.

CURRENT EVENT​

EVENT 1: THE AGE OF ABUNDANCE

The Age of Abundance is upon us! From now until December 12, test your leadership skills in the first of our new series of in-game events by achieving a Culture Victory as the Greek politician and general, Pericles.

You start with two cities and 1000 gold, close to valuable resources, and on the exact same map as other Civilization VI players around the world. There are no barbarians to interfere with your plans, so the fate of Greece's cultural legacy is entirely in your hands. Good luck!
GAME PARAMETERS
Difficulty:
Prince
Speed: Standard
Player Leader: Pericles
Map Type: Continents
Map Size: Standard
Map Speed: Specified
RuleSet: Standard
Start Era: Renaissance
Resources: Abundant
World Age: Standard
Start Position: Legendary
Temperature: Standard
Rainfall: Standard
Sea Level: Standard

Can you post the savefile here, so those of us on the Epic game store version can also look at it?

This is cool.

…why this though, and why now?

Must be wanting us to actively play Civ for the next couple months.

Wonder what that could mean… :think::mischief:

Cool but I hope this isn’t the sum total of the update we’re watching…
I mean, bug fixes seem like a pretty obvious thing to accompany this.

This definitely feels like a marketing push to get people interested in the game again so I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement at the end of all of this.

I mean, bug fixes seem like a pretty obvious thing to accompany this.

This definitely feels like a marketing push to get people interested in the game again so I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement at the end of all of this.
Yeah bug fixes are nice but I was hoping for some shiny new fun additions as well. I guess my imagination got the better of me. At face value I agree it seems like Civ 7’s announcement might follow all this.

Yeah bug fixes are nice but I was hoping for some shiny new fun additions as well.
I feel like the game is past getting any new content at this point. The Leader Pass really felt like it was a pared down version of the second NFP they teased at the end of the NFP. I'm would guess that the LP only got released because they had already gotten enough work done on it before they decided not do a second NFP. There might be a slim chance of some balance changes and maybe some mechanical reworks but I would be shocked if there was any more new content for Civ6 in the future.

Last edited:
I feel like the game is past getting any new content at this point. The Leader Pass really felt like it was a pared down version of the second NFP they teased at the of the NFP.
Do you have a reference to this on-hand? I didn't realize they'd hinted at any content beyond Clans Mode until Fall of 2022

Reactions: PiR
Do you have a reference to this on-hand? I didn't realize they'd hinted at any content beyond Clans Mode until Fall of 2022
After about the halfway point of the NFP they started referring the current "season" of the NFP. They used phrases like "last free update of the season" in the update videos but then, in the last video, they dropped that terminology entirely and just said last update for Civ6.

Seems like the challenges are without any expansions and always set on Prince difficulty. Pretty disappointing.
Not even R&F and GS? I can see not enabling the stuff that came after, but with the big expansions being so old and included in so many collections, I'd have expected at least those to be enabled.

Not even R&F and GS? I can see not enabling the stuff that came after, but with the big expansions being so old and included in so many collections, I'd have expected at least those to be enabled.
Yep, it seems to be just the base game. Probably to make it fair for everyone regardless of if they have the content, but it sure makes it less interesting.

Top Bottom