CIV VI MONTHLY CHALLENGES NOW ON STEAM

Didn't they stop doing that, though? I thought that they'd made the rewards available in some other way and switched to community-wide challenges where everyone gets the rewards.
You may be right - I stopped following Humankind some time ago. It sounds like these new community-wide challenges are still "missable" though right? Like if the community doesn't hit it, no reward? I just don't like that sort of incentive...it's still FOMO.

If you're using Enhanced Goodies and Hostile Villagers and/or Enhanced Natural Wonders Selection, one or both is very likely the culprit. This game update introduced a new MainMenu.xml template which at the very least has new instance definitions for the carousel UI shown in the screenshot posted by @LexTheMighty above. Since these mods replace that template with a version that does not contain these instance definitions, the updated MainMenu.lua script breaks the main menu UI completely when it tries to load the carousel UI. Removing the mods should resolve the issue until I can get updated mod versions published, which should happen soonish.
That would apply, thank you.

I'll have to try to start a new game without it, see if that solves my issues.

I hope not to the extent Humankind has done it. Using FOMO with missable in-game rewards to cajole me to play just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I agree but 'tis the way with many modern games nowadays and as per the recent job listing thing it seems Firaxis wants to join them, or so was my understanding of it.

So this was it? The elusive patch we were expecting?
Yes, after all these years I should’ve known better, but Civ VI still manages to subvert my expectations rather considerably every time there’s a new patch.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I mean, GotM has been a popular activity here at CFC for decades. Firaxis is just making an official variant of it.

Yeah, I think something like this built into Civ 7 would be interesting if they managed to have a way of doing cheat-free leaderboards (highest score, fastest completion time, for example). Add some 'multiplayer' competitiveness in a different.

Kind of annoyed at the start screen having that big window cover the background. It doesn't "fit" to have hi res image covering up the lower res background. I may have to look at modding this out. Though I do plan on doing these challenges. Though challenge isn't exactly an accurate term. More like activity.

Not a happy camper!:mad: The rotating map and Civilization title is all I get (along with the music), even after several (10+) minutes.

EDIT: referring to after loading the game update. No text
Same. It's now unplayable on Steam Deck as well. I don't have any of the mods mentioned. I would turn off ALL mods but kinda can't since there's no menu to choose "additional content" (or anything else). I suppose I will try manually removing all mods from the disk and see if that solves it.

Same. It's now unplayable on Steam Deck as well. I don't have any of the mods mentioned. I would turn off ALL mods but kinda can't since there's no menu to choose "additional content" (or anything else). I suppose I will try manually removing all mods from the disk and see if that solves it.
I’m on a Windows rig where in Steam interface you can subscribe (and UNsubscribe to modsj.

In actual gameplay, I've got a huge lead and am simply ticking off the turns until victory. Not much excitement. A couple of notable oddities in that I've had trade offers from other civs on three occasions so far which were absurd. I can't remember exactly, but the first offer was 300+ per turn, plus maybe some resources and possibly even a work of art, all for open borders from me. I was very puzzled, and even missed the offer first time as I was trying to work out what was going on. As soon as I adjusted the parameters out of curiosity, the offer was suddenly way beyond anything they were willing to accept. Strange indeed.

The other two occasions this occurred (from different civs), I accepted immediately.

Where do we see the hall of fame badges once we earn them?

In the Hall of Fame

More specifically under the drop down tab for the monthly challenge.

Almost time for a new challenge! This next one is going to be the real tone-setter, I feel. It’ll confirm or subvert our expectations of the scope/purpose of these.

(It wouldn’t hurt if it were a little more interesting than the last one)

Top Bottom