Aspiring Rapper's MAFIA- Game Thread

Yeah, I'm definitely not buying the D1 is weak stuff. This D1 has already been longer than many completed games on this site. We know a lot about a lot of people already. This being D1 is not an excuse to not pay attention.

Landlubber, I really want you to pocket me. Your town read is pending, as well as Zack's. Can you two be v/v?
Hmmmm

Lenny. Stop buddying every single person in the game, please

Also, have you noticed how nobody is answering your questions about me? It seems like you've been asking that question a lot more than you've gotten any answers.

Lenny. Stop buddying every single person in the game, please

Also, have you noticed how nobody is answering your questions about me? It seems like you've been asking that question a lot more than you've gotten any answers.
Uh, I do what I want. It's how I play. Don't tell me what to do <3

Yeah, it seems that most people are ignoring me. That is weird. :(

I don't think they're...ignoring my questions about you, persay. It's more like they're ignoring me.

Ah, Zack. The rebuttal from landlubber and Zack's focus on the D1 stuff made me change his read to pending town. Depends on landlubber at this point, I think.

I'm actually really liking Mat atm.

Legato person, tell me more about Cuth, and why he's town, please.

I get what you said about him not being as eager to please here, but the only game of his I've read that was really slimy and people pleasing was Snow Crash (or whatever it was called). His other scum games have a bit of this attitude, but he's gotten a lot better imo.

Out of game Cuth is in my experience, extremely friendly and open. He offers you artwork and time and consideration and crap. He's one of the first people to take time out to actually talk to me when I joined the Playground. He's good people. Scum Cuth is typically like that in my probably more limited experience. It's been a while since the last game so his meta could have changed. It's also possible it's a site culture difference, (to which I blame you people) but I don't care to spend much time on that. It's too subjective to be meaningful. Basically the function of some of his arguments blend better.

The last game I was in with him as town matches this impression. He was challenging people everywhere over everything. Now, I'm not sure if all of his questioning actually went anywhere, but my posting analysis is much more in the vein of Pouter. He could be faking that here, but I don't see the point as scum. He's certainly not blending in the slightest.

This feels more like general paranoia. To state this another way, Scum Cuth makes relatively major points of contention he knows are irrelevant. TownCuth makes occasionally irrelevant points of contention he thinks actually might go somewhere even though in hindsight they really couldn't. Basically, I think his scope in terms of myopia changes by a notable degree.

For instance, the call of hypocrisy thing with Zack. It's one of those awkward accusations that I'd see as scummy for a generic Townie, but for Cuth it feels natural.

I don't know what "pocket" means. I also don't know what v/v means.
Pocket means that you have me convinced to trust you. Therefore, having me in your pocket = having me trust you.

It's usually a more manipulative meaning, but my use of the term was in a joking manner.

V/v = villager/villager (both town). I suppose I was trying to ask you what you thought of Zack.

pocket's also typically used when someone puts someone else as a town read just because the other person says the user is town

I'm actually not sure about that.

If there's a good amount of activity, d1 is often not weak.

You, apparently? :)

Case in point, this here.

Sure. We've all(?) gotten scum day 1. It's an awesome feeling. It's still not something I automatically expect to fall from the sky. And even so, this is a weird general thing to bring up in the thread. It has no real bearing on the game itself. It's theory craft sans relevant context.

Also to quibble, Phantom was lynched in LOTR through sheer luck. And Pizza was out maneuvered by Murska, and yes, full credit, but that's not something that happens every 10 games. Meh.

Pocket means that you have me convinced to trust you. Therefore, having me in your pocket = having me trust you.

It's usually a more manipulative meaning, but my use of the term was in a joking manner.

V/v = villager/villager (both town). I suppose I was trying to ask you what you thought of Zack.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

There's really no reason why you should trust me, no obvious one. I've tried to be forthcoming about my thoughts. The question you have to ask yourself is where my leans are coming from. Do you think a wolf would risk calling attention to himself by switching off Visor?

As for Zack, he always acts sort of preachy and crass, and I feel like he's more concerned with being a high poster when he's scum. My gut says town. I responded to him mostly because the whole "AHA you're trying to get on everyone's good side" thing pissed me off. Otherwise, I think it would've been fairly obvious that he has no case on me.

Why are these questions misrepping or over the line?

Because you're either misunderstanding me or assigning me feelings/thoughts/contradictions that aren't there. If you're misunderstanding me that's fine, but the way it's worded it seems like there's hard suspicion on what I would have a hard time classifying as anything but null posts.

It's a very aggressive way to start the game. That in itself should be a town tell, but since you're you and since that last scum performance I saw you pull off I'm less sure about that.

I'm actually not sure about that.

If there's a good amount of activity, d1 is often not weak.

And a lot of games I've participated in have ended up with D1 scum lynches. And this is a selection.
Plural of anecdote is not data. Run a statistical analysis on all the d1 lynches in this post. If it shows a clear pattern where d1 lynches are better than random (to a statistically significant degree) and/or that d1 lynches get scum more often than other days, I'll stand corrected.

In any case, it's irrelevant.

You, apparently? :)
https://xkcd.com/386/

First of all, since when is being pleasant a scumtell? Geez, get a grip.
I didn't say it was a tell, I said it fit in with your intention of cozying up to the high-content posters. Your last sentence there is transparent in what you're trying to do ("I'm not pleasant, see!").

Second of all, it's very clear what changed my view. I wanted reads/leans from Visor, and I said that very clearly when I voted for him. He started acting a lot more like the townie Visor that I'm familiar with, so I moved my vote off of him. Yes, the "winds were changing," but they were changing for a reason-- Visor changed his behavior. You're way off base.
Have you given a big reads/leans list? (no) Yet you demanded such from Visor on penalty of the lynch? A quarter into d1? That's being ridiculous and unfair to Visor, and I don't see how it ever made him scum, or why him responding to your threats and giving reads makes him not scum. As if a stubborn (or apathetic) refusal to do so makes him suspicious?

You sure took this personally.

Yeah, I'm definitely not buying the D1 is weak stuff. This D1 has already been longer than many completed games on this site. We know a lot about a lot of people already. This being D1 is not an excuse to not pay attention.
*sigh*

All these posts misconstruing my words in a pathetic attempt to try and make themselves look like noble townies and me like a cynical loser. Who said D1 was an excuse not to pay attention?

And for the record, it is still weak. Behavioral and tone analysis is weak (see any game with Takhisis or johnhughthom ever), and that's all there is to go on right now. So yeah, there's a lot of content, but that doesn't mean it's useful for analysis. Look at all the cases being made right now, it's all pretty flimsy stuff.

Ah, Zack. The rebuttal from landlubber and Zack's focus on the D1 stuff made me change his read to pending town. Depends on landlubber at this point, I think.
People keep bringing the d1 stuff up in an obnoxious, condescending-Zack-you-idiot way. I'm responding.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

There's really no reason why you should trust me, no obvious one. I've tried to be forthcoming about my thoughts. The question you have to ask yourself is where my leans are coming from. Do you think a wolf would risk calling attention to himself by switching off Visor?

As for Zack, he always acts sort of preachy and crass, and I feel like he's more concerned with being a high poster when he's scum. My gut says town. I responded to him mostly because the whole "AHA you're trying to get on everyone's good side" thing pissed me off. Otherwise, I think it would've been fairly obvious that he has no case on me.
Huh? I was just being forthcoming about my thoughts. ;)

I responded to him mostly because the whole "AHA you're trying to get on everyone's good side" thing pissed me off. Otherwise, I think it would've been fairly obvious that he has no case on me.
I am now Visor:

Visorslash said:
I responded to landlubber mostly because the whole "AHA you're not being uber-townie" thing pissed me off. Otherwise, I think it would've been fairly obvious that he has no case on me.

2. Alright. Why did you feel that it was necessary to say?

4. What is your opinion of Visor? Is he scum for reading you as such, or town?

2. I just did. It's not like half this thread isn't already filled with humorous posts.

4. I don't know why you'd joke about being scum if you're not, but if anyone would do that, it'd be Visor and ATPG. I'm inclined to think he might be scum at this point, but you should always take my 'reads' with a pinch of salt.

Re arakhor: you posted as if you did care. Pretending to care was my criticism.

I was curious, so I asked. It's not as if I'm desperate to know.

Top Bottom