Mafia game: The War of the Princes (1407-1435) [TOWN VICTORY]

Key tells for Warman:

Sentences look incomplete, punctuation in the wrong place, make absolutely no sense
Strangely transfixed on me even when I ain't got nothing to do with him for like 9 years now.

Update: I have a wife and kid now. So like, I've moved on and made something of myself.

You're still stalking me? Mmmm..... need to learn how to move on, dude.

With Shad, I came around to seeing him as scum largely by virtue of seeing everyone else as town and leaving just him in the PoE. Csargo wasn't scum, Ace Marvel wasn't scum, Yako wasn't scum, ATPG wasn't scum, Rakkoon wasn't scum, LordArgon was blocked by you when a kill happened so he was more or less mechanically cleared, I knew I wasn't scum, so that left just DS, Rhand, and Shad, and you pointed out how DS and Rhand's going after you made no sense for them as scum, I saw how topsecret's vote of Rhand and Monty's seeming ambivalence on a bunch of D3 Wagons, most of whom I was already pretty sure were town for other reasons, suggested to me that Rhand wasn't Burgundian. From there it just became that Shad was the only player left without any real compelling argument saying "He's probably not scum" and I even thought he was acting pretty townie up until the final day!

Shad was in my blind spot and I never seriously considered him after briefly suggesting him to die midgame, as a "not Rhand" option that day.

He played a super good game. If wolves weren't dying all around him and spewing 9 people town then he wins.

Good job guys. For a brief moment, I was afraid the game would last another 10 days worth of MLs.
Tak had the same potential for going deep, but now I am pretty sure he would have fall to the overall townieness too.

Slank cover: I'm a dad and I work nights. I'm also not going competitive hard on an old forum full of old friends

:lol: never trust this guy.
When is #2 scheduled?

I went to the store and I see there are slightly fewer posts in this thread now. Huh how strange.

I was a forum moderator for like 5 years. Here's some tips, speaking "in general" and not about any specific person:

Spoiler :
Forum moderators don't actually like to ban people. We're lazy. If the 99 percent of the forumgoers are happy, and no one is doing anything too bad, and there are no reports, we'd rather do real life stuff. Play mafia games, hang out with our loved ones. Work, eat, sleep, and be merry. Play with our newborn son, teach him how to talk, eat solid foods, laugh and go on airplane rides.

The last thing a forum mod wants to do is sit and look at all the reasons why someone gotta go. Then they have to discuss it, and try to be impartial and fair, and weigh the cost and benefit of giving someone a warning, a short ban, or a perma. It's boring, tedious, thankless work.

And it's really easy to not be banned. It's super easy. You have to be repeatedly doing stuff that forces a mod to press the trigger, you really do. Or, you have to upset people enough that they report your rule breaks.

So, it's not hard to not get banned. And if someone were capable of changing their behavior, a short time out would result in reforms, and they'd never get banned again.

People become permabanned when they continue doing stuff they shouldn't do, and annoy the mods enough to say enough is enough, you've annoyed these other guests and broken this and that rule and we've told you to stop and we're tired of telling you to stop. There are lots of other websites, take a break and go play there.

And if someone is dead set on ban evading, even that is simple.

Mods are mortal human beings who literally do not want to ban you, they have better stuff to do.

All you have to do is stop doing the stuff that gets you banned in the first place. It's that simple.

Changing your name or avatar or making a new account is not the stuff you do to not be banned. It never helps.

The only thing is to forever, finally, stop doing the stuff that forces mods to ban you or stops people from reporting you.

And it's really not hard. I've gotten 2 whole warnings on the Org and zero warnings on any other websites, and I've been on lots and lots of sites.

All you gotta do, essentially, is not harass people. That can't be hard unless they're going out of their way to harass you, too.

And if you make a mistake, an apology goes a looooong way, but just never doing it again goes even longer.

The reason why all the Dendi clones got banned on MU discord was because they kept behaving like Dendi.

The reason why all the alts and ban evaders got banned on the org and on MU is because they kept doing the stuff that led to their ban in the first place.

Anyone who wasn't permabanned for cheating or being an outright racist was given warnings to stop. The behaviors never stopped.

Doesn't matter what your new account is. Nobody really cares, until you start doing the same stuff.

Let's say you got banned for stalkerish behavior on some website. Made a new account a week later.

No one would know you stalked people if you.... stop stalking them.

Let's say you got banned for flaming people on some website. Made a new account a week later.

No one would know you used to flame people if you.... stop flaming people.

Let's say you pulled a Yates and got banned for cheating in games. Made a new account a week later.

No one would know you cheated in a mafia game if you... stop cheating in games.

Or, about doxxing:
No one would know you doxxed someone if you.... never doxx anyone again.

Or, about racism and bigotry:
No one would know you had white nationalist / supremacist views if you.... stop espousing them in places where it's not welcome.

No one knows who you really are, until your behavior tells them who you really are.

No one cares who you are until you deliberately go out of your way to show them all the reasons why someone who is impartial, neutral, and a stranger felt forced to remove you from a community, who honestly rather would be doing something else with their time.

It's really not hard to ban evade. Don't ban evade at all, and you might even have a shot at requesting the ban be over one day, by demonstrating that you've grown up enough to handle having your old account back.

The reason why people get caught is they never grow up and never learn from the mistakes that caused the original ban.

Even after a decade of life experience, if you're making the same silly mistakes as you did when you first got yeeted, the yeet should stay, and you should leave and find something better to do.

I never got a thrill from banning anyone as a mod. It was always something unpleasant, even when it was duly deserved. Sometimes, it's even gross to be polite and respectful to someone who just bashed a trans person or said Nazi ideas. Even when the ban is super, duper deserved, some folks, I don't even want to talk to with any level of professionalism and respect while I carefully explain why they're too toxic to be in a community.

Other folks, I don't want to see them go at all. I just want them to stop flaming folks and have more chill and fun. It's easy.

I'm super glad I'm not a mod anymore. But I can tell you, folks that think they're smarter than the mods by getting a new account: you never will be unless the behavior changes and you actually turn over a new leaf for real, and move on from who you used to be. Also, don't ban evade because then you get banned for ban evading.

If someone can tell in 3 posts that you're still the same stalker, same guy who insults people, same guy who thinks the number 14 or 88 is super duper cool because "wow edgy ethnic nationalism", the problem isn't one of other people having psychic powers, or going out of their way to hunt you down out of a personal grudge. It's the man in the mirror causing all your problems.

Other folks have totally moved on. Doesn't even bother me in particular that some person who believes in intelligence being tied to ethnicity, who once told my girlfriend once to "get AIDS and die" even though she had only ever been super nice to him, just to upset me, is still trolling around some board somewhere under an alt.

I wouldn't even know you were here until you showed up and went ta-daa here I am, I haven't grown up even a little bit yet. I literally only pointed it out to the mods because, knowing you, you'd end up flaming someone else. I'm protecting THOSE PEOPLE from you.

Life moves on. Definitely learn how. You'll be a happier human being.

:lol: never trust this guy.
When is #2 scheduled?

If I had randed vanilla townie or mafia, this would have been a very different game.

And I was assuming there was a cop and I was the dead last, least valuable PR in the entire game, that's why I was fine claiming super early, and offering to put protection on the first cop I could find.

I was so ready to yeet a scum and die, just as if I were a VT.

When no other PRs popped up for real wanting protection, I self preserved and gritted my teeth and kept solving, to justify continued protection.

As for baby number 2, we hope to be on the way within the next few months. Will definitely announce.

(Everyone knows what spew is, right?)
Yes, I do, it's the only proper reaction to your posting a 10-screen wall of Lady Gaga pseudo-quotes, which I only avoided by noticing that it was the last post on the page and skipping ahead.

Think that it's worth noting that Tak actually had a huge potential to go deep in addition to Shad, even if I disregard Pizza's copread. Tak was largely townread, and while my analysis did put them as the second biggest English potential on N4, that they were generally townread up until death and was NKed says a lot

I'm kinda curious why you guys were townreading Tak?

I love how this thread is still rolling. Wins this decisive don't come often and I'm glad you're all enjoying it!
True.

Postgame in the, uh, 3 other wins I even had this year was fairly brief. I've still got a losing record for the year.

A lot of folks had a good game this game on the town side. Was fun hearing their perspective and having a hangout session.

It's probably winding down now. No need to worry, Takh will soon be able to keep his breakfast down. XD

I'm kinda curious why you guys were townreading Tak?

Honestly I think he just pocketed me hard on Day 4 and I totally fell for it, he seemed pretty solvey to me but it probably helped my opinion of him that he had several posts saying something to the effect of "ATPG's case on chox is tinfoil, what's he talking about, chox is pretty townie" and I just took him solving me as townie to mean he was also being townie

Before Day 4, I kinda had him as pretty nullish, because I usually have a lot of trouble reading him, and then on Day 4 he seemed like he was actually solving pretty well.

Honestly I think he just pocketed me hard on Day 4 and I totally fell for it, he seemed pretty solvey to me but it probably helped my opinion of him that he had several posts saying something to the effect of "ATPG's case on chox is tinfoil, what's he talking about, chox is pretty townie" and I just took him solving me as townie to mean he was also being townie

Before Day 4, I kinda had him as pretty nullish, because I usually have a lot of trouble reading him, and then on Day 4 he seemed like he was actually solving pretty well.

I had him in my sr for similar reasons that led me to believe you were early on, which were mostly meta-related. I wrote it off as being because of the game, and never pushed there for that reason basically. Even if I did I don't think anyone would have gone along with it and others would have actively opposed it.

I actually was solving. I needed to find those Burgundians. Alas, they (unintentionally and to their own detriment) found me.

I actually was solving. I needed to find those Burgundians. Alas, they (unintentionally and to their own detriment) found me.

I know it's super bad to be the final mafioso with a hard claim of cop and then never die, but...

Town had a doctor, and town had a jailkeeper. If I put the doctor on you, you kill me, and start giving correct peeks, and murder people.

I think you go deep, and with no flips, you can even kill the town doctor at LYLO-1, ask for a mass claim, murder the doctor that night, and win a final 3.

Oh, there's a problem. The Burgundian faction has every reason to roleblock you, or roleblock me and kill you.

If you're roleblocked, there's no kill.... which is bad. But town won't know why. Maybe the "English" hit me / hit you, thinking the doc was off of me. The doc won't even out themselves and say which of the 2 of us was protected.

I went far in Ciretako as a lone wolf with a town doctor alive. The real tell was that the town doctor never died.

Something similar might have worked here, especially if there are no flips and you keep telling the doctor not to claim.

That whole setup where I keep my doctor hidden, and I use my megaphone to lead the town, is a setup I've done a lot as town or mafia.

If any scum manages to convince Ace Marvel they belong in the protected zone, they probably end up ruling this town, especially while they successfully hunt Burgundians.

You just gotta be really good at fake peeking greens and reds..... so, risky.

I can see why you'd not claim cop there. In your position, even as the final mafioso, I might have.... and probably lose a long drawn out endgame.

Hiding is better, especially if pizza strongly hints he's protecting you. Sad about their roleblock and kill combo....

Last edited:
I wonder....

If soft-claiming cop and saying "If I am the cop, my results were blocked" would have been a good way to play that out....

That could work. Just don't hard claim it, but accept the protection anyway. Then disclaim being a cop much later on, having not mislead anyone.

Say "I think X is Burgundian, not a peek".... and so on.

You probably have really decent chances there.... if only the Burgs didn't know which town PR was protecting you.

Basically, Takh, you were right there, on the edge of glory. There had to be some way to get protection on you and try to outlast the Burgs.

If you do that, depending on what lies you told and whether the doctor has hardclaimed, you just win, period.

Probably kill choxorn or yeet him if possible. Anyone who remembers ciretako, basically, and then just repeat the performance almost exactly.

Yeah, think Takh has a real shot at winning there.

I don't actually have any idea why we shot Tak. The only note I had on her in QT was never cop but not ruled out from doc hunt, and I'm not seeing a clear explanation skimming through.

Also, I believe @Takhisis is male, and was just roleplaying, but Takh if you wanna clarify for the record, we can get your pronouns correct forever because I won't forget.

I don't actually have any idea why we shot Tak. The only note I had on her in QT was never cop but not ruled out from doc hunt, and I'm not seeing a clear explanation skimming through.

I was under the impression it was a case of "let's kill the guy who won't be yeeted in the upcoming days" :dunno:

Also, I believe @Takhisis is male, and was just roleplaying, but Takh if you wanna clarify for the record, we can get your pronouns correct forever because I won't forget.

Tak is indeed a Duke dude.

Top Bottom