SGOTM 23 - Orient Express. Pre-game Discussion Thread

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Please use this thread to discuss or raise questions about the game rules before it starts.

Please don't speculate about your team strategies here. Wait until you have a private team thread - and you know which teams you are allocated to.

Caveat, everything is subject to change. So check the game maintenance thread when the game starts for official rules.

Please note that this is not the signup thread.

What happens if when you win the game, then click "one more turn" to make your final save- and during that in-between-turn the barbs pillage a connection, a neighbors borders pop over the RR, a city revolts leaving the RR unencapsulated... etc etc.

Do we get a Mulligan if we arange to win by X and in that turn something happens? We will be pushing the edge to get fastest finish.

What happens if when you win the game, then click "one more turn" to make your final save- and during that in-between-turn the barbs pillage a connection, a neighbors borders pop over the RR, a city revolts leaving the RR unencapsulated... etc etc.

Do we get a Mulligan if we arange to win by X and in that turn something happens? We will be pushing the edge to get fastest finish.
Just make 50 or a hundred independent paths. ;)

Oops, does that qualify as strategy discussion? :cool:

~~~

You're not going to tell in advance which French leader?

One would assume that Istanbul will be a certain spot/tile on the map. So I assume a city would have to be built on this exact spot assuming no Ai has already done so.

Not sure what ATFKAPR is doing yet regards to this game. As ever I will try to put a team together. No promises.

Spam your teammates, both old aNd new, about the sign'up being open. If I wasn't :drool: for a sgotm, I could easily have mised it. Heck, even PM your friends on other teams. sgotm is the most important for keeping the community alive and thriving.

I don't think it is necessarily a city marking Istanbul. Otherwise you might get some random hijinx happening like AI creating a Turkish colony a second Istanbul getting created automatically. Though would it count if you moved your palace off continent, created a city close to the orient colonized it, and gifted it a settler or two to create a very close Istanbul?

I don't think it is necessarily a city marking Istanbul. Otherwise you might get some random hijinx happening like AI creating a Turkish colony a second Istanbul getting created automatically. Though would it count if you moved your palace off continent, created a city close to the orient colonized it, and gifted it a settler or two to create a very close Istanbul?

The rules seem clear to me. There is a spot marked Istanbul and you have to have a city on that spot. It does not say anything about the name of that city.

So if you accidentally set up/take on a vassel who settles on the Istanbul spot this could be game over?? (Unless the vassel breaks free?)

If your original capital gets razed does that also mean the game is lost?

I do hope Raging barbs does not force the games in one direction again. I guess 12 opponents should limit this as a problem.

So if you accidentally set up/take on a vassel who settles on the Istanbul spot this could be game over?? (Unless the vassel breaks free?)
Actually... yes! Yes it would. Take care when accepting a Vassall.
If your original capital gets razed does that also mean the game is lost?
That's not the idea behind the rule. Obviously the rule is ment to stop you from moving your capital. So If you have to resettle it, ok, fine by me. Just don't move it.
I do hope Raging barbs does not force the games in one direction again. I guess 12 opponents should limit this as a problem.
I'm quite sure it won't. I think there are several good strategies here. And the barbs are not a major factor in it.

Obviously the rule is ment to stop you from moving your capital. So If you have to resettle it, ok, fine by me. Just don't move it.

You'd better clarify this! You are now saying it IS allowed to purposely allow barbarians to raze your capitol as a means of moving it; it is only BUILDING a NEW PALACE that is technically forbiden, Seriously?:scan:

You'd better clarify this! You are now saying it IS allowed to purposely allow barbarians to raze your capitol as a means of moving it; it is only BUILDING a NEW PALACE that is technically forbiden, Seriously?:scan:
:lol:

:goodjob:

Top Bottom