Mini Mafia: Sacrifice of the Archaeologist

Yeah there's no way you are dieing tonight. So that's another lost bet :p

If you die tonight, Snerk, I'll honour my side of the deal by making a 5-euro donation to a Norwegian charity of your choice. Want to make the same offer? :p

What do you take me for, monsieur?! I should slap you!

I ought to retroactively vote to lynch you now, you European!!

Also, who the hell would bet on anyone but Zack being targetted on N1?

Well, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for someone who is claimed to be town from role PM info to be killed first, and Zack being considered town, almost lock town.

Then Zack riding that through as scum to win. Definitely able to pull it off.

Yes, obviously, if Zack's still alive after N1 he's mafia.

Beginning Day 3

The team completed the incantation in the Palace, and again went to sleep. Most admired the throne room, and all had dreams of an even more glorious throne room. The dream all started the same: walking into a glass room with a wondrous throne, the far side holding the most beautiful fountain by the window, which oversaw a waterfall.

Except that it wasn't a waterfall. It was a bloodfall, and the fountain circulated blood. The dream ended by looking up at the clouds in the piercing red sky, that all spelled "#BloodfortheBloodGod" and "#Trump2016"

When everyone awoke, it was found that Arakhor was killed during the night. Whoopsie! Someone should really stay awake for this stuff.....

Arakhor was killed. He was The Nicolas Cage

Vote for someone with vote tags in bold: vote: whoever
Vote for a Holy Room to go to in BLUE.
You may NOT go to the Temple. or Palace

Day 3 ends in 24 hours at 21:30 pacific time
[timer=06/09/2016 21:30 UTC-07:00; Day 2 end][/timer]

Alright, i think it is fairly obvious.
Vote: Snerk
Tombs as the astral place is where the scum want to go based on D1.

I dont know why you said that.
Johannak wanted go to the Palace IIRC

I will vote: Takhisis.

I am not sure about room, tbh.

The game is essentially cracked. I'll let Mat present the whole case as he was the first player to correctly fit all the pieces of the puzzle together, and thus easily the most valuable townie this game.

But suffice to say, look at the "someone to somewhere clues" that four townies have.

The Leader (Tak) and Translator (JK) want's to go to Tombs and Temple.
These show scum roles wanting to go to scum item rooms.

Handyman (snerk) and Curator (Lohr) who want's to go to Palace and Astral room.
Town roles wanting to go to empty rooms.

This was backed up by mine and Lohr's ability who got info that stated two named rooms, one was empty one contained scum item.

D1: we went to Temple and mafia picked up an item.
D2: we went to the empty Palace. Tak made a last ditch attempt to vote Tombs where a mafia win waited.
D3: We must now go to the empty Astral Room

Takhisis and Astral Room

@Ghost of arakhor: dammit ok what do you want funded?

Amnesty International will do fine. :)

Well, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for someone who is claimed to be town from role PM info to be killed first, and Zack being considered town, almost lock town..

Arakhor was killed. He was The Nicolas Cage

Oops. That might of been my fault.

The game is essentially cracked. I'll let Mat present the whole case as he was the first player to correctly fit all the pieces of the puzzle together, and thus easily the most valuable townie this game.

I didn't really explain the rooms last night, which was my bad, but you got it pretty much there. Just a note that Lohrens info is an educated guess, but in keeping with all other info we have it would make sense. Its also (arguably likely) possible to be a room Snerk has named, and a different room, creating a situation of where if we know one of the rooms is clean or scum, we know all of the rooms. Possibly an OP combination of info though, when combined with others.

The set up:

1. Atheotes - The Entomologist - Leader (Takhisis) to Temple
2. Mat93 - The Financier - Handyman (snerk) to Palace
3. JohannaK - Translator - The Doctoral Student (Zack) knows someone is innocent
4. Takhisis - Leader - 1-shot scan, scanned Mat93 N1
5. Arakhor - Nicolas Cage - The Translator (JohannaK) to Tombs
6. Jarrema - Photographer - Curator (Lohrenswald) to Astral Room
7. Snerk - Handyman - Temple/Palace, one empty one with scum item
8. Zack - The Doctoral Student - Cage (arakhor) is innocent
9. Lohrenswald - The Curator - Tombs/Astral Room, one empty one with scum item

Scum items in the Temple and the Tombs. Takhisis/JohannaK info are fake claims (obviously).

I had that before the end of D2, but with more of a suspicion of Takhisis being scum, getting a stronger lean until his room vote yesterday. That was the clincher IMO. As Snerk briefly mentioned :)

Anything I missed?

I missed voting. Of course I do.

vote: Takhisis, and Astral Room.

Also, why is Takhisis scum? The 4 room/person claims clear each other, each room mentioned once, and ignoring Zack mentions every other player once, and timing of claims/hints by all is sufficient evidence that they are not false. That leaves Takhisis and Snerk, of which Snerk revealing privately to me potentially incriminating info, but also having plausible paired info with Lohrens stands him well, whereas Takhisis claim reveals info that scum know for sure, and his voting record (especially the room) counts against him. Also a reluctance to vote Johanna over Snerk yesterday, and a making it clear that his votes were based on what other people had said.

I explained that badly, but alas.

I'm 99% sure the guesstimate on Lohr is correct. This game resolves around symmetry, and Lohr having the opposite equivalent of my role, completes that. Zack, Tak and JK are the only roles that break the symmetry. With Zack having pro-town knowledge and was confirmed town when killed n1.

Once all the game roles are laid out like that, the conclusions one is able to draw are quite town OP. What the scum team had on their side was the element of time. A D2 win was well within reach for them. And with a less active and inquisitive town they could easily have wrapped this up long before town connected all the dots.

As I told Mat over PM yesterday. All this game now needs is for Tak to flip town and Mat to go on as single remaining scum to claim victory. :nya:

My ability is a one-off true scan which was usable only in the Temple and cleared Mat93 as Innocent. I am the leader of this expedition. To this I will attest with my death, but let the record show that vote: Snerk should be lynched.

Top Bottom