Amazon pre-order watch thread

Mine is out for delivery today, and looking at the tracking info from UPS, it shipped out from the local Amazon fulfillment center 20 miles from my house 4 hours ago. MyUPS tells me it should be here along with one other package I'm expecting today between 10am and 2 pm (It's now 9:12 am).

I have gotten no emails from Amazon, but checking my account this morning, my Anniv.Ed. (physical copy) is supposed to ship today and arrive Monday.

Honestly? I'm done ordering games from Amazon. I could have gotten the same thing directly from 2K Games but didn't, darn it. This is a gift for my son, and I was going to keep the physical disc and give him the extras since we already got him the prerelease code on Steam.

I have gotten no emails from Amazon, but checking my account this morning, my Anniv.Ed. (physical copy) is supposed to ship today and arrive Monday.

Honestly? I'm done ordering games from Amazon. I could have gotten the same thing directly from 2K Games but didn't, darn it. This is a gift for my son, and I was going to keep the physical disc and give him the extras since we already got him the prerelease code on Steam.

You guys are lucky. I checked my account and see no shipping STILL. Called Amazon and just said they didn't know. Im willing to give them a little bit of leeway because I've been using them almost 20 years now and this is the first real problem I've ever had, but if ever there were an order not to screw up... they're burning up a lot of the capital they have with me.

Out for delivery and will be waiting at my doorstep when I get home from work...now if only this day would go by faster. :mischief:

You guys are lucky. I checked my account and see no shipping STILL. Called Amazon and just said they didn't know. Im willing to give them a little bit of leeway because I've been using them almost 20 years now and this is the first real problem I've ever had, but if ever there were an order not to screw up... they're burning up a lot of the capital they have with me.

Yeah same here... I just called them and the person on the phone was adamant that the game hasn't released yet so that's why it has not shipped. No convincing her lol. Hope there is an update to my order soon!

I am also being plagued with no shipment info for my 25th anniversary collectors edition. I purchased it on Amazon within an hour after it being announced back in August. Contacted Amazon and they told me they dont have stock, basically. I'm in the Midwest, OK, for what it's worth.

Really just debating on just buying it from steam and cancelling on Amazon...

I am also being plagued with no shipment info for my 25th anniversary collectors edition. I purchased it on Amazon within an hour after it being announced back in August. Contacted Amazon and they told me they dont have stock, basically. I'm in the Midwest, OK, for what it's worth.

Really just debating on just buying it from steam and cancelling on Amazon...
I have a feeling that Amazon over sold their stock of the collectors edition and they're going to have some unhappy customers...

I'm in the same situation.

I DID receive the apology e-mail with the $5 certificate.

But my account still shows no shipping information. I called Amazon Customer Support and they weren't able to find anything out about the item. They assured me it will get shipped when they have it available, and that I'd just have to wait for more information....

I'm in the same situation.

I DID receive the apology e-mail with the $5 certificate.

But my account still shows no shipping information. I called Amazon Customer Support and they weren't able to find anything out about the item. They assured me it will get shipped when they have it available, and that I'd just have to wait for more information....
Kind of crazy. One of the reasons I purchased from Amazon is they've always been pretty good with orders. It will probably be a long time before I order another physical copy, but when I do, Amazon won't get the sale.

Kind of crazy. One of the reasons I purchased from Amazon is they've always been pretty good with orders. It will probably be a long time before I order another physical copy, but when I do, Amazon won't get the sale.

Here's an interesting complication:

I originally pre-ordered an Anniversary Edition from both 2K and Game Stop (in-store pickup) because originally Amazon sold out. I eventually was able to place my Amazon order and I canceled my 2K order but not my Game Stop one.

I just called Game Stop and my copy did arrive for in-store pickup! So if I don't get a shipping update from Amazon in the next day or two, I think I might just go with my Game Stop order.

A. If I cancel the Game Stop order and wait for Amazon, I think I will have to pay a $5 charge for the canceled Game Stop order, but the Amazon order is $18 cheaper.

B. If I take the Game Stop order and cancel Amazon, I will be paying the extra $18 (though that is partly offset by the $5 certificate).

C. I could take the Game Stop order and if the Amazon order comes within a month, I could then try to return the Amazon copy at Game Stop (this is presupposing that the items are identical).

D. Or I could just take both. Grab the Game Stop one for now. And just keep the Amazon one if it ever arrives. Don't quite know what I would do with a second copy but I'm sure I could find a use for it!

Any suggestions? What would you do in this situation?

I originally pre-ordered an Anniversary Edition from both 2K and Game Stop (in-store pickup) because originally Amazon sold out. I eventually was able to place my Amazon order and I canceled my 2K order but not my Game Stop one.

I just called Game Stop and my copy did arrive for in-store pickup! So if I don't get a shipping update from Amazon in the next day or two, I think I might just go with my Game Stop order.

A. If I cancel the Game Stop order and wait for Amazon, I think I will have to pay a $5 charge for the canceled Game Stop order, but the Amazon order is $18 cheaper.

B. If I take the Game Stop order and cancel Amazon, I will be paying the extra $18 (though that is partly offset by the $5 certificate).

C. I could take the Game Stop order and if the Amazon order comes within a month, I could then try to return the Amazon copy at Game Stop (this is presupposing that the items are identical).

D. Or I could just take both. Grab the Game Stop one for now. And just keep the Amazon one if it ever arrives. Don't quite know what I would do with a second copy but I'm sure I could find a use for it!

Get the copy from Gamestop that you know exists, Amazon may or may not have an actual copy for you as based on some of the posts here I suspect they may have oversold the collectors edition. You could try and make a little cash by selling your second copy on eBay if it does end up being shipped to you.

I would take the Gamestop one so I could play this weekend and cancel the Amazon order. But I am particularly angry at Amazon right now, so I'm prejudiced.

So I just got off chat with Amazon and here is basically their response to me:

Ankita:I totally understand your concern xxxxx.
The order should have delivered to you on the time of the game release. but the item was high in demand and this is the reason the item is limited in stock.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused in this case.
Please do not worry as per the inventory details the item will get back in stock on October 27,2016
And we will make sure the item will get delivered to you on the priority basis this time.
For all the inconvenience caused in this case
I will issue a $10 promo credit to your account.
And we will make sure this wont happen again from our end.
Would that be fine?

I don't think this is a problem with Amazon. I think this is a problem with 2K because I bought the 25th Anniversary Edition from Best Buy and I got an email saying that unfortunately the shipment is delayed and the latest arrival date for the shipment is now November 20th (30 days after it was supposed to be shipped because that's their policy).

So it looks like a) 2K has completely screwed up their distribution, or b) Amazon, Best Buy and other vendors selling the 25th Anniversary Edition oversold it and there might not be enough copies to go around because it's a limited edition. So it could be I will never receive my 25th Anniversary edition, but now I just have to keep waiting if they ever ship it. I can't even cancel the order because the order has already been "processed". :sad:

Anybody else buy the 25th Anniversary Edition from Best Buy in the U.S.?

• Yesterday I called Amazon, and got a response of "don't worry you will receive the item tomorrow"
  • Then 1.5 hours later I got a "there has been a delay and your order might be late" and $5 compensation.
  • Today I contacted them asking for an ETA and got "we ran out of stock and have no ETA but I am sure it will be soon" and gave me one extra month of prime but still no ETA.
  • Finally they sent me an email "We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay." with a new ETA date in the email of UNKNOWN.
How in this computer age with all the shipping tracking and order management can it be "unkknown"?? I preordered 2 months ago. Never ever had this with Amazon before.

Sigh I am leaving on a multi-week business trip and wanted to play in the evenings. Guess I will have to cancel the anniversary edition and get digital download.

EDIT: Several of the local best buys had it as "in stock" on their website so I ordered one. I won't believe it till I see it in person when I pick it up after work - so I didnt cancel my amazon quite yet.

Last edited:
  • Yesterday I called Amazon, and got a response of "don't worry you will receive the item tomorrow"
  • Then 1.5 hours later I got a "there has been a delay and your order might be late" and $5 compensation.
  • Today I contacted them asking for an ETA and got "we ran out of stock and have no ETA but I am sure it will be soon" and gave me one extra month of prime but still no ETA.
  • Finally they sent me an email "We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay." with a new ETA date in the email of UNKNOWN.
How in this computer age with all the shipping tracking and order management can it be "unkknown"?? I preordered 2 months ago. Never ever had this with Amazon before.

Sigh I am leaving on a multi-week business trip and wanted to play in the evenings. Guess I will have to cancel the anniversary edition and get digital download.

EDIT: Several of the local best buys had it as "in stock" on their website so I ordered one. I won't believe it till I see it in person when I pick it up after work - so I didnt cancel my amazon quite yet.

I've had almost the same experience. I may just cancel and go digital. I was thinking about best Buy but I have this vision of either showing up to find it not in stock or ordering it online, showing up, seeing it behind the shelf but they won't give it to me because the order hasn't processed yet or something.

If you do go to Best Buy I'd be curious whether they actually have real physical copies and whether they're out and available on the floor.

I'd do B). $13 premium to have a real, physical guaranteed copy in hand is to me a no-brainer.

So, Amazon started offering a $5 certificate, now it's $10? How high will they go? Mine is supposed to ship today; if it doesn't I'm not sure what I'll do.

Top Bottom