Little things you'd like to see in Civilization VII

Need more radical game mechanics that change over time such as colonization, independence in Latin America in the 1800s, and possibly decolonization in the 1950s - 1960s, the formation and collapse of empires Napoleon 1800s, the Russian revolution, regional states valued not Empires. Madagascar, Taiwan
This was very similar to an idea I had, although I think scripting these things to specific regions and nations affected, as well as time periods, rather than tendencies and trends, would not work. It must be a general and somewhat generic application of affairs in a Civ iteration.

Addition of dynamics such as immigration and slavery: understood as trade. Not just as a legal system
And explicit addressing of slavery in game should be avoided.

And explicit addressing of slavery in game should be avoided.
Why isn't it politically correct? Look at slavery in the United States the economy that produced and then ended after the civil war, the racial problems in Haiti or in Boer South Africa are products of the importation of slaves and the economy they created.

Why isn't it politically correct? Look at slavery in the United States the economy that produced and then ended after the civil war, the racial problems in Haiti or in Boer South Africa are products of the importation of slaves and the economy they created.
I'm not sinking into a quagmire debate. I'm stating a point of view that I - and a fair number of others - think would serve the Civ franchise. Lack of explicit mention doesn't mean it isn't implied in numerous forms of historical labour together. It's explicit mention that should be avoided.

Because there is no need or benefit to dwell on it, mechanically, and, one can't just mention the Transatlantic Triangle alone, as though it were the only usage of slave labour - an institution that was ubiquitous and pernicious across all of human history and most regions and epochs of the world - and, by that point, you might as just fold it in with other forms of old labour.

Because there is no need or benefit to dwell on it, mechanically, and, one can't just mention the Transatlantic Triangle alone, as though it were the only usage of slave labour - an institution that was ubiquitous and pernicious across all of human history and most regions and epochs of the world - and, by that point, you might as just fold it in with other forms of old labour.
Physical slavery is as important to the population as it is to minority ethnic groups in a nation. The Boers and the Zulus for example the Africans in Brazil or Jamaica

Physical slavery is as important to the population as it is to minority ethnic groups in a nation. The Boers and the Zulus for example the Africans in Brazil or Jamaica
In those days and times, there is no need to distinguish it, and no mechanical difference required, from tenant farmers, temporary corvee workers, dockyard labourers, and Industrial Revolution factory workers - it was all about the quality of unskilled work for minimal compensation (by modern, First World labour standards) in the broad scope of a global and grand historical Civ iteration.

From a business point of view no but from a cultural point of view yes the Indians and Gandhi in the south. Africa , the Americans like booker t Washington , create a minority culture that from the English anti-slavery movement to the American Civil War. Alex hailey influenced history even earlier with the mamluks and touisant luverture

Then I wanted to remind you that real slavery began in the 1500s with the creation of plantations to replace the dead natives, yes I think of importing African slaves, this enriched African states such as Mali and Songhai can we simulate it?

Then I wanted to remind you that real slavery began in the 1500s with the creation of plantations to replace the dead natives, yes I think of importing African slaves, this enriched African states such as Mali and Songhai can we simulate it?
The use of the term, "REAL slavery," and marking an arbitrary start date to the 1500's, is quite insulting and uninformed, scholastically, morally, and humanistically, when the institution of declared, "ownership," of other human beings, and forcing them into unskilled labour or other endeavours (including unsavoury ones) for the benefit of their, "owner and master," predates recorded history and has plagued every corner of the globe in numerous guises, forms, institutions, justifications, and names throughout human history. And it is ALL REAL slavery. And it is sill happening TODAY, in seedy pockets of the world.

The use of the term, "REAL slavery," and marking an arbitrary start date to the 1500's, is quite insulting and uninformed, scholastically, morally, and humanistically, when the institution of declared, "ownership," of other human beings, and forcing them into unskilled labour or other endeavours (including unsavoury ones) for the benefit of their, "owner and master," predates recorded history and has plagued every corner of the globe in numerous guises, forms, institutions, justifications, and names throughout human history. And it is ALL REAL slavery. And it is sill happening TODAY, in seedy pockets of the world.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery. The great slavery began with the conquest of the Aztec empire and then the African deportation to Mexico and the Antilles began. The rest is politically correct: I would have also put Hitler as the leader of Germany because he existed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery. The great slavery began with the conquest of the Aztec empire and then the African deportation to Mexico and the Antilles began. The rest is politically correct: I would have also put Hitler as the leader of Germany because he existed
From the Wikipedia page:
Slavery was already institutionalized by the time the first civilizations emerged (such as Sumer in Mesopotamia, which dates back as far as 3500 BC). Slavery features in the Mesopotamian Code of Hammurabi (c. 1750 BC), which refers to it as an established institution. Slavery was widespread in the ancient world in Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa. It became less common throughout Europe during the Early Middle Ages, although it continued to be practised in some areas. Both Christians and Muslims captured and enslaved each other during centuries of warfare in the Mediterranean and Europe. Islamic slavery encompassed mainly Western and Central Asia, Northern and Eastern Africa, India, and Europe from the 7th to the 20th century.
How are you defining 'great slavery'?

The slavery of the large plantations of the modern era
Estimates say that there is a strong possibility that more slaves were transported throughout the history of the Islamic world, than they were to the Americas, as that was going on from about roughly the "7th century to the 20th century".

The great slavery began with the conquest of the Aztec empire and then the African deportation to Mexico and the Antilles began. The rest is politically correct:
How is bringing up slavery around the world and throughout history outside Transatlantic plantation slavery even remote or appropriately, in any way, shape, or form, dismissible as just being, "politically correct?"

I would have also put Hitler as the leader of Germany because he existed
And, how does Hitler EXISTING mean he should automatically be a guaranteed Civ leader of Germany, and how that tie into this discussion, or is a counter to anything I've said?

The intense period was between 1500 and 1800 among the African population the anti-slavery movements come from that era and a phase that must be simulated

Top Bottom