Trump Indicted!

Typical GOP and Trump projection.
No, it's you LIBERALS who are projecting, but there's a grain of truth in every lie and my salty truth is that we're full of projects of MAKE AMURRICA GRATE AGAIN, in fact, you can buy these nifty cheese graters designed by my beautiful daughter Ivana, they're totally kosher and you can use them right to make America Grate Again. Only 50 dollars to cover back the money which I've been forced to loan at interest to the Trump legal defense fund™.

Trump is unable to make $464 million bond in civil fraud case, his lawyers tell court​

Former President Donald Trump can’t find an insurance company to underwrite his bond to cover the massive judgment against him in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case, his lawyers told a New York appeals court. Trump’s attorneys said he has approached 30 underwriters to back the bond, which is due by the end of this month.

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote. (Trump himself was ordered to pay $454 million; the $464 million includes the disgorgement for his adult sons Don Jr. and Eric.)

An insurance broker, Gary Giulietti, who testified for Trump during the civil fraud trial, signed an affidavit stating that securing a bond in the full amount “is a practical impossibility.” Potential underwriters are seeking cash to back the bond, not properties, according to Trump’s lawyers. Trump’s lawyers have asked the appeals court to delay posting the bond until his appeal of the case is over, arguing that the value of Trump’s properties far exceed the judgment. If the appeals court rules against him, Trump asked the court to delay his posting the bond until his appeal to New York’s highest court is heard.

Last month, Trump was ordered to pay $355 million in disgorgement, or “ill-gotten gains,” by New York Judge Arthur Engoron in a civil fraud case brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James. Engoron wrote in his 93-page decision that Trump and his co-defendants – including his adult sons – were liable for fraud, conspiracy and issuing false financial statements and false business records, finding that the defendants fraudulently inflated the value of Trump’s assets to obtain more favorable loan and insurance rates.

The amount Trump owed surpassed $450 million with interest included. Trump is appealing the ruling, but in order to stop the state from enforcing the judgment, Trump has to post a bond to be held in an account pending the appellate process, which could take years to litigate.
Trump posted a $91.6 million bond earlier this month as part of his appeal in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case. But Giulietti said some of the biggest underwriters have internal policies that limit them from securing a bond in excess of $100 million. None of them, he said, including some of the largest insurance companies in the world, will accept real estate – they are only comfortable taking cash or stock.

Including fees and interest, he said Trump would need to come up with more than $550 million. “Over the course of my career, during which I have been directly or indirectly involved in the issuance of thousands of bonds, I have never heard of nor seen an appeal bond of this size for a private company or individual,” Giulietti said. “After substantial good-faith effort over the last several weeks, obtaining an appeal bond for the Judgment Amount of over $464 million is just not possible under these circumstances.”

Alan Garten, the top legal officer of the Trump Organization, said in a sworn statement that Chubb, which underwrote Trump’s $91.6 million bond to cover the E. Jean Carroll judgment, could not accept real estate to secure the civil fraud bond.

Garten called the lack of underwriters to accept real estate a “major obstacle” to securing a bond.

But Trumps a multi billionaire! The richest and most successful ever. Bigly too.

Sell some of that property!

Not the least of the advantages would be that you could prove that it was worth those high assessments you gave it.

There's a cool $1b in Mar-a-Lago. I've been told. Repeatedly.

So, like, let me answer in full, I'm borrowing my friend Takhisis' account to answer here again because liberals like this Thunderfall guy are censorshipping me hugely, Tak's a great guy, the best, not as great as I am but still the best, anyway, this is REPRESSION. The corporations and the DEEP STATE are attacking the LITTLE GUY and imposing UNPAYABLE FINES on him to make him cave under and not run for president. Not that I'm a “little” guy, not in that sense, just ask Melania, c'mon, smile, baby, the camera's on, she'll tell you, they're after little guys like you or me and I'm the ONLY thing that stands between YOU and TYRANNY and these minorities with their bad languages and their weird food and their drug-dealing are out to ruin America and I'm the only one who can stop them. AMERICA FIRST! Donate to the Dondon Trump campaign now by texting 1-666-9-SAVE-ME!

"DEEP STATE" should be in ALL CAPS

You're welcome ;)
Please, Sommerswerd, I know that you lawyers like to screw around and boy have I seen it done, but if you look at my post you'll clearly see that it's in all-caps already and there's no editing timestamp simply because it's not edited, it's not like HILLARY'S EMAILS, there's no TAMPERING with my texts because they're untamperable with.

@Birdjaguar you beat me to it!:lol:

Trump Can’t Secure Bond for $454 Million Civil-Fraud Judgment​

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/tru...ivil-fraud-judgment-6c6fb7f1?mod=hp_lead_pos1
But he has a cunning plan...

Trump laments $464M judgment, sues ABC News and George Stephanopoulos for defamation

Donald Trump on Tuesday posted a string of complaints lamenting the “practically impossible” $464 million he is unable to obtain a bond for in the civil fraud judgment against him, the day after hitting ABC News and George Stephanopoulos with a defamation lawsuit for an undisclosed sum.

I guess that the amount is $464,000,001 => bigly win.

‘I’m pissed’: Ex-Trump aide Peter Navarro blasts justice system before heading to federal prison

...Navarro is now the first former White House official in history to go to prison after being convicted of contempt of Congress. He’s also the first member of Trump’s circle of White House advisers to go to jail for crimes stemming from Trump’s effort to subvert the 2020 election.

Trump’s interview with Nigel Farage: 7 things we learned

We can negotiate with Putin

“I got along with Putin great,” Trump told Farage — as he once again talked up his negotiation chops with the Russian leader.
Asked if Putin is a person the West can negotiate with, Trump answered in the affirmative — before returning to self-congratulation, his favorite topic.

“Yeah, I think he is. We did very well with him,” Trump said.

“Look, you know, I’m the one that stopped the pipeline — Nord Stream Two. People don’t realize that … and then Biden came in right away and he approved it,” he added, in a reference to U.S. opposition to the German-Russian gas pipeline project that didn’t last beyond his tenure in the White House.

Royal revelations
In a moment so newsy that GB News promoted it the day before the interview was broadcast, Trump warned that estranged U.K. royal Prince Harry could be deported from the U.S. if he had lied about taking drugs on his American visa application.

Just my favourite two. YMMV.

So this, like, is something yuge that I want my good friend Takhisis to help me propagate, because he is good at this and, heh, everything's good when done in the name of a good cause. And the cause is that of stopping the witch-hunt so it's a good one and, like Nixon would say, I am not a witch.

Trump pleads with supporters for cash to help pay soaring legal bills

Former president lashes out at New York attorney general in email urging loyalists to to ‘chip in and stop the witch-hunt’

Donald Trump on Thursday again asked loyal supporters for cash to help him meet mounting legal expenses and keep the “filthy hands” of the New York attorney general off Trump Tower and other properties.

Spoiler :
The appeal came as Trump faced an imminent deadline to pay a huge bond from a New York fraud trial that ended in a $454m civil judgment against him for overstating his net worth and the value of his real estate properties. If he is unable to post it, authorities could start to seize the former US president’s assets.

Under the headline “Keep your filthy hands off Trump Tower!” a Trump fundraising email sent to supporters read: “Insane radical Democrat AG Letitia James wants to SEIZE my properties in New York. This includes the iconic Trump Tower.”

The twice-impeached Trump – currently the presumptive Republican presidential nominee – continued: “Democrats think that this will intimidate me. They think that if they take my cash to stifle my campaign, that I’ll GIVE UP!

“But worst of all? They think that YOU will abandon me, and that you will GIVE UP on our country. Here’s one thing they don’t know: WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!”

Trump did surrender last August, to state authorities in Georgia in a case now concerning 10 election subversion charges. Facing 78 other criminal charges (for election subversion, retention of classified information and hush-money payments), he has used his Georgia mugshot in fundraising appeals.

In New York, Trump faces 34 criminal charges in the hush-money case and recently paid a $92m bond to cover his appeal in a civil case arising from a rape allegation a judge called “substantially true”.

But his chief concern in the state at present is meeting obligations while appealing a multimillion-dollar civil judgment in the civil business fraud case successfully brought by James in New York.

Lawyers for Trump said this week he could not find surety companies willing to cover the full $454m bond, making it “a practical impossibility” to pay in full.

Payment is due on Monday. If the bond is not paid, James will be entitled to begin seizing and selling Trump properties.

Doing so will be politically precarious, but James said last month: “If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets.

“We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day.”

That property, the Trump Building, is in lower Manhattan. Trump Tower, which Trump built in the early 1980s and lived in until becoming president in 2017, is in midtown, a Fifth Avenue landmark.

On Thursday, James’s office reportedly made preliminary steps in Westchester county which suggested a Trump-owned golf course and estate north of Manhattan could be in line to be seized. Similar steps have been taken in New York City. CNN said steps had not yet been taken in Florida, where Trump lives and owns golf courses, or in Chicago where he owns a hotel.

ABC reported the reappointment for three years of Barbara Jones, a retired federal judge who has been overseeing Trump Organization finances since November 2022.

Trump used his Truth Social platform – from which he reportedly stands to make $3.4bn if its parent company lists on the stock market – to allege that the judge in the case “picked a number out of THIN AIR … and wants me to bond it, which is not possible for bonding companies to do in such a high amount, before I can even appeal.

“That is CRAZY! If I sold assets, and then won the appeal, the assets would be forever gone. Also, putting up money before an appeal is VERY EXPENSIVE. When I win the appeal, all of that money is gone, and I would have done nothing wrong.”

Trump’s financial woes already extend to the campaign trail.

On Wednesday, Federal Election Commission filings showed that a political action committee tied to Trump spent $5.6m on legal expenses in February and in all had received from a pro-Trump Super Pac more than $50m to cover legal costs.

Filings also showed Trump far behind Joe Biden in fundraising for the November election. Trump’s campaign raised nearly $22m in February and had $42m on hand. The Biden campaign raised about $53m and had $155m on hand.

Biden’s campaign communications director, Michael Tyler, said: “If Donald Trump put up these kinds of numbers on The Apprentice [the NBC reality show he fronted from Trump Tower before entering politics], he’d fire himself.”

According to the Washington Post, which cited four sources close to Trump, the former president is not considering declaring bankruptcy, a move which would delay payment in the civil fraud case, because of the damage doing so might do to his campaign.

On Thursday, on Truth Social, Trump also called Judge Arthur Engeron “crooked” and James, who is Black, “corrupt and racist”, alleging both were involved in “election interference”.

In his fundraising email lamenting the threat to Trump Tower, he said donations would help send “Biden’s corrupt regime … the message … that our patriotic movement CANNOT BE STOPPED!

“So before the day is over, I’m calling on ONE MILLION Pro-Trump patriots to chip in and say, STOP THE WITCH HUNT AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP!”

Also pay attention to my son-in-law Jared who intends to sell real estate in Gaza as soon as the terrorists are cleared away. Buy now!

D-Whackos rescue one of their own!

Why Trump may reap billions in Truth Social stock market merger
Donald Trump appears to be scrambling for funds to pay a $464m (£365m) fraud fine. Could the stock market ride to his rescue?

Trump Media, which runs the social media platform Truth Social, is poised to become a publicly listed company, with shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp set to vote on Friday on whether to acquire it.

Mr Trump would have a stake of at least 58% in the merged company, worth more than $3bn at Digital World's current share prices.

Digital World, or DWAC (pronounced D-whack), is what is known as a SPAC, or a shell business created expressly to buy another firm and take it public.

It's an astonishing potential windfall for Mr Trump in exchange for a business whose own auditor warned last year it was at risk of failure.

Never mind the many red flags associated with the deal, including unresolved lawsuits from former business partners. There's also an $18m settlement that Digital World agreed to pay last year to resolve fraud charges over how the merger plan came together.

Backers of Digital World - the vast majority of whom are individual investors instead of Wall Street firms, many apparently Trump loyalists - seem undaunted.

"This is putting your money where your mouth is for free speech, to save your country, potentially losing it all," Chad Nedohin, a deal supporter, said recently on his show DWAC Live, on the video platform Rumble.

It was only a matter of time, before convicted fraud Donald Trump would ask his fanbase to help bail out his business empire.
Some of them are probably dumb enough to do it.

"This is putting your money where your mouth is for free speech, to save your country, potentially losing it all," Chad Nedohin, a deal supporter, said recently on his show DWAC Live,
It's astonishing how up-front the promoters are being about what will happen to the money of any who invest in this thing.

It's effectively a way for someone to give a lot of money to Donald Trump, since he will extract that 58% of 3b before the thing crashes (precipitating its crash, in fact).

MaraLAGO is worth a billion easy.

I promise you, when this is over Trump will make money on the deal.

D-Whackos rescue one of their own!

Why Trump may reap billions in Truth Social stock market merger
Donald Trump appears to be scrambling for funds to pay a $464m (£365m) fraud fine. Could the stock market ride to his rescue?

Trump Media, which runs the social media platform Truth Social, is poised to become a publicly listed company, with shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp set to vote on Friday on whether to acquire it.

Mr Trump would have a stake of at least 58% in the merged company, worth more than $3bn at Digital World's current share prices.

Digital World, or DWAC (pronounced D-whack), is what is known as a SPAC, or a shell business created expressly to buy another firm and take it public.

It's an astonishing potential windfall for Mr Trump in exchange for a business whose own auditor warned last year it was at risk of failure.

Never mind the many red flags associated with the deal, including unresolved lawsuits from former business partners. There's also an $18m settlement that Digital World agreed to pay last year to resolve fraud charges over how the merger plan came together.

Backers of Digital World - the vast majority of whom are individual investors instead of Wall Street firms, many apparently Trump loyalists - seem undaunted.

"This is putting your money where your mouth is for free speech, to save your country, potentially losing it all," Chad Nedohin, a deal supporter, said recently on his show DWAC Live, on the video platform Rumble.

If Trump wants to get billions from the stock sale, he's gonna have to wait a while (2 years) before he could sell at the higher price resulting from going public. He could sell (at a lower price) right after the sale, but having the majority stock holder sells out right after the public offering would basically collapse Truth Social.

Who Is Fueling the Surge in Shares of the Trump SPAC?

BY CHARLEY GRANT

History says Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and the stock market are a poor combination. Some of his most ardent supporters are piling into his latest deal anyway. Small investors have aggressively bought up the stock of a shell company whose shareholders voted Friday to take public Trump’s social-media company, Truth Social. Shares of the acquirer, known as Digital World Acquisition, are up some 110% this year— and, judging by the comments in a forum of nearly 8,000 Truth Social users, not because buyers anticipate long-term business success.

“I bought several times last Monday & Tuesday, little by little to show support of the stock,” said a Truth Social user going by the handle of fantasticblush. “This is a Truth Movement and no matter what happens tomorrow this merger will happen tomorrow or in the future,” said Truth Social user ajdelval. “We will win this war no matter what.”

The episode is reminiscent of the 2021 meme-stock craze, when investors bought up shares of businesses with poor growth prospects such as GameStop and Bed Bath & Beyond, causing their prices to surge. But this time the stakes extend far beyond the stock market. The Republican nominee is in line to earn a windfall of about $3.5 billion, potentially easing a financial crunch stemming from a $454 million judgment against him in a civil-fraud case. The social network’s parent is set to go public by combining with DWAC, which is a special-purpose acquisition company, or SPAC. Trump’s company could replace the shell company in the stock market as soon as Monday. The new ticker would be DJT—Trump’s initials.

Truth Social faces a challenging business outlook. In the first nine months of 2023, the company booked about $3.4 million in revenue, according to a securities filing, and a net loss of about $49 million. The social network competes against such well-established competitors as Meta Platforms’ Facebook and Elon Musk’s X. DWAC shares, which fell 14% Friday to $36.94, are “not trading on fundamentals, absolutely not,” said Kristi Marvin, chief executive of SPACInsider. com. “Institutions are not trading this.”

This isn’t the first time DWAC shares have surged. They closed as high as $97.54 in March 2022, then fell 87% over the next 15 months as the stock market sold off broadly. “What a message it would be if we closed at $45.47 today,” said user PrattyDaddy, an apparent reference to Trump’s status as the 45th and potentially 47th U.S. president. “Great way to say ‘Patriots in Control’ or ‘Trust the Plan.’” Nor would this be the first time a Trump-branded stock graced U.S. markets. Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts was a publicly listed company—with a rocky history. In 1996, Trump, serving as chairman of the company, received a large bonus and salary increase despite a 70% drop in the stock, which earned the ire of corporate- governance experts and shareholder advocates.

The Securities and Exchange Commission said the casino company’s release for its third-quarter 1999 results showed earnings that beat Wall Street’s expectations but failed to disclose that the results were chiefly due to an unusual $17.2 million gain. At the same time, the pro forma results noted the exclusion of an $81.4 million charge for discontinued operations.

In 2004 Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Those distant memories aren’t slowing down present-day enthusiasts, however.

“I just bought more shares because of reasons! #LetsmakeTrumpaTrillionaire,” wrote a poster going by Looney Tunes Meets Karl Marx.

“This is not financial advice,” the poster added.

Top Bottom