The 2024 US Presidential Election

He's really already doing the Apprentice: VP thing.

If the popular vote counts for anything and considering the impact of Gaza. There is an increasing number of muslims/Arabic ppl compared with the more static number of Jews in western democracies.

If the popular vote counts for anything and considering the impact of Gaza. There is an increasing number of muslims/Arabic ppl compared with the more static number of Jews in western democracies.

Yup that might be enough to eventually swing things

Little things that can make the difference are not little things: If Nebraska changes to winner take all, it is like putting an electoral vote in Trump's pocket before the election. And why does that matter? The blue wall states have stood as a block in the last two elections and as things stand now Biden can win the election by carrying Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. That would give him the minimum 270 votes needed so long as Democrats carry that one Nebraskan district. But if the law is changed the GOP will almost certainly carry the state's entire 5 electoral votes. Thus, the blue wall could hold for Biden and still only produce a 269-269 tie. Ties go to Trump.

Not less but more, Trump has adopted the state's rights position on abortion. This will deny Biden the full force of his most potent policy issue. Abortion is the only issue that could altogether in itself sink Trump.

It still feels like Biden will eke out a win. But no man knows what the morning tide will bring.

If Nebraska changes to winner take all, it is like putting an electoral vote in Trump's pocket before the election.
Not likely to happen this year according to the governor.

Biden seems to be giving up a lot of votes to Kennedy based on the polls which include Kenedy as an option. Without Kennedy, polls are starting to turn around in Biden's favor, after Trump being the clear leader for months. Kennedy appears to have gotten on the ballot in Hawaii, Nevada, New Hampshire and Utah, with Arizona, Georgia, South Carolina and Michigan possible as well.

I don't know how much of this is Haley voters finally accepting that she is out and switching to Biden, people finally accepting that there isn't going to be any different Democratic candidate, or if its people finally getting past the point where they can tolerate Trump. None of the recent national polls give either candidate over 50% In the last election, Biden got 51.3% to Trump's 46.8%. In 2016 Hillary got 48.2% to Trump's 46.1%. So even though Trump got more votes in 2020 than Hillary in 2016, his percentage of the vote in 2020 was lower then Hillary's in 2016.

I was looking at the RCP polling and the average is just barely Trump by some tenths of a percent, but the average lags the trend and in fact Biden has been outright winning the most polls taken over the last several weeks, and there have been a lot of polls.

You are probably right that Kennedy is going to pull more from Biden than Trump, but the popular vote does not matter. Kennedy will have to get on the ballot in the battleground states to make a difference and its far easier to say it than it is to do it.

I’d prefer it if Trump took a more courageous stance in being more pro-legal abortions, but I’m not the one who has to get votes.

Biden seems to be giving up a lot of votes to Kennedy based on the polls which include Kenedy as an option.
Kennedy has all the vocal charisma of a malfunctioning rock tumbler.

Biden seems to be giving up a lot of votes to Kennedy based on the polls which include Kenedy as an option. Without Kennedy, polls are starting to turn around in Biden's favor, after Trump being the clear leader for months.

This trend does seem to be consistent with the hypothesis that: things suck, so there's a sort of ambient discontent which can focus on Biden when Trump's not in the news, but the more exposure Trump has, the more people are like "ugh"

Oh.

According to ABC News, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suffers from "spasmodic dysphonia, a specific form of an involuntary movement disorder called dystonia that affects only the voice box.
I didn't know that.

Trump gives us all a history on the civil war battle of Gettysburg:

I agree with him that Gettysburg was "beautiful" in a way, specifically this moment:
Screenshot_20240415_095328_Chrome.jpg

That is some beautiful writing
Everything can be made beautiful with beautiful writing. I'm imagining Henry David Thoreau's poem:

"Light-winged Smoke, Icarian bird,
Melting thy pinions in thy upward flight,
Lark without song, and messenger of dawn,
Circling above the hamlets as thy nest;
Or else, departing dream, and shadowy form
Of midnight vision, gathering up thy skirts;
By night star-veiling, and by day
Darkening the light and blotting out the sun;
Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame."

applied to the billowing smokestack of a coal-fired power plant... :yuck: :think: :confused: :eek:

And another... more famous:

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the spendour of the Mighty One" - Bhagavad Gita 11:12
"I am become death (world destroying time), destroyer of worlds" - Bhagavad Gita 11:32

applied by Robert Oppenheimer famously to describe seeing the first atomic bomb explosion in 1945 during WWII.

Last edited:
Everything can be made beautiful with beautiful writing. I'm imagining Henry David Thoreau's poem:

"Light-winged Smoke, Icarian bird,
Melting thy pinions in thy upward flight,
Lark without song, and messenger of dawn,
Circling above the hamlets as thy nest;
Or else, departing dream, and shadowy form
Of midnight vision, gathering up thy skirts;
By night star-veiling, and by day
Darkening the light and blotting out the sun;
Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame."

applied to the billowing smokestack of a coal-fired power plant... :yuck: :think: :confused: :eek:

And another... more famous:

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the spendour of the Mighty One" - Bhagavad Gita 11:12
"I am become death (world destroying time), destroyer of worlds" - Bhagavad Gita 11:32

applied by Robert Oppenheimer famously to describe seeing the first atomic bomb explosion in 1945 during WWII.

I'm not talking about the writing, I'm talking about the moment it became clear that the rebel army would be badly mauled and gain nothing in exchange.

Donald Trump is taking care to adopt a very moderate line on abortion.

while Joe Biden seems confused about what century he is in:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/worl...while-calling-out-az-abortion-ban/vi-BB1lpGNy
He is in civil war mode, clearly. At his age, it would be a broken compartment.
1864 law :lol:
USA managed to have both a battle between two senile people, and have their supporters defend them= also 1864 mode.

Top Bottom