SGOTM 12 - Team Zoe

What's interesting, it took Klarius 7 turns to research Industry being in Golden Age. They still have 13 techs to research (2 of them from ToE), and they are 63 turnes behind you. It means at least 7*11=77, even if they get RP from AI it's 70 turnes in the absolutely best case. I think there is no way they can compete with you.

It looks to me they wasted a lot of turnes in early middle age because of the "Golden-Age-phobia". Similar thing with Spooks, but they were soooo lucky with getting free GLH. They probably are going to win.
Thanks for the heads up and welcome to CFC msch.

It's funny because we were trying like crazy to avoid our GA but got caught in the fog. It would be quite a treat to beat Klarius (and/or Spooks). There's some pretty tall cotton on those teams.

It's funny how Regular said their strategy would be different than ours. This was the type of game where clean play was pretty important. Thanks to Gythaar and AlanH for all their work.

Nice work, B (and everyone else)! :)

Thanks for letting me lurk in this thread.
Always good to have you along for the ride Frog Daddy. :thumbsup: Sorry for the lack of pics late game. Did you learn anything?

:goodjob: :beer:

great team, great discussions...never once felt I was made feel stupid for any moves of such stuff...honestly hat was really made me feel not playing SGOTM in some teams, the constant pressure about doing something wrong.

Our strategy evolved constantly and was great. I didn't check the other threads yet, but we will get beaten I am sure. Also, don't forget other teams have a clue of what we are doing and how fat we did it. Doesn't matter, it was great fun :)

And thanks to the organizers for a great game

Great game, guys! :goodjob: Thanks for allowing me to lurk and for answering all my questions. :)

The cookies were always well worth it :pat:

Well done, guys. :goodjob: First to finish. Let's see if your date stands the test of time :)

Oh it won't, but then we'll have all the time in the world to talk about it.

well, I read Klarius thread, taking Paris is a good idea, with tons of commerce for research, but the AI won't come up with techs for them.

All was very close actually even though we had a worse start. But they got banking from the AI and electricity for free...that's exactly the difference it will make in the end...

Awesome work, Guys.

I'm gutted that I had to sit this one out, but I'm proud to have played with you all, even though my contribution was limited by RL events.

Don't worry, we will get you in next time.

Ohoh! Abaslozadon is following me and I haven't changed my avvie for April Fool's yet! What will Civgeneral think?

Ha! no confusion here loz :D:p

I have been trying to get through spooks thread, but the action is buried in endless discussion about optimization. I'll keep reading hopefully I'll get done before they finish their game. I also have to keep referring to our thread to compare.

I see wacken and I were in agreement about not building SoZ and they ended up having the AI build it for them! (I have no regrets about what we did) They also made the tech slingshot at the end of the AA. I'm not sure capturing France was the best move but I am only up to page 36 or so of their thread.

All this reading made me think: What will be the finish order/year of the various teams? Any predictions?

Yeah - I found Spooks heavy going as well. Though it looks like they have a bit of trouble now with a (partially) trashed rep.

I have been trying to get through spooks thread, but the action is buried in endless discussion about optimization. I'll keep reading hopefully I'll get done before they finish their game. I also have to keep referring to our thread to compare.

I see wacken and I were in agreement about not building SoZ and they ended up having the AI build it for them!

Spooks were much more lucky. They got GLH from Azteks and SoZ from Japan. Their thread is the most interesting reading about CIV3 game I ever read. It's full of ambitious plans and failures, but it all happened fast enough (because of GLH) so they still may beat other teams.

Congratulations anyway.

Congratulations anyway.
I love how sadistically resolved this sounds in the manner of "good work, but it's not like it got you anywhere."

On topic, I never read through all these talks about crazy optimization schemes. The one thing I prefer hands down from CIV over C3C is carry-over food/shield/gold.

Spooks were much more lucky.
I don't think they were lucky. I think they knew what they were doing. They definitely positioned themselves better at the beginning. I am not saying we did not know what we were doing, because obviously the Zoe strategy worked quite well.

Their game is not over and they still have obstacles to overcome to beat us. We'll see how many techs they get from the AI.

I love how sadistically resolved this sounds in the manner of "good work, but it's not like it got you anywhere."

On topic, I never read through all these talks about crazy optimization schemes. The one thing I prefer hands down from CIV over C3C is carry-over food/shield/gold.

What I mean is: if you beat Klarius it means that you've proved your strategy of cooperating with AI research is equal or better than just trying to grab everything in the world.

If Spooks still wins the game it does not prove much because they had no control on the fact that Azteks built GLH, and the probability of such event is extremely low. By getting the GLH Spooks immediately had the whole world much smaller. They could afford their attack on a remote France in no time.

Even after their first premature attack failed they had time to regroup and still capture it faster than Klarius did. All this is due to having the GLH.

lurker's comment: I learned lots, Whomp. :D

Btw, Beorn, where did you get that wonder splash?

It's probably from Rise and Rule. I doubt the C3C UN halves unit costs.

Top Bottom