Double Your Pleasure

Wyrm

Chieftain
Link does not work for me either. Please find someplace else we can download DYP or fix the site

cheez

Chieftain
Is there one for PTW. Maybe someone can upload DYP on that website if thats possible.

Achim

Chieftain
Well hello,

my friends keep asking me about DYP and I'm tired of running around with an USB-Stick. Now you're asking too. Anyway, I have put the relevant DYP Files on some private webspace. If someone feels this is wrong just drop a mail, I'll remove the files immedately.

Here we go:

http://fancybytes.org/dyp/dyp2.02x_full_ptw.exe main package
http://fancybytes.org/dyp/dyp2.02x_reference.zip Reference (excel Sheet)
http://fancybytes.org/dyp/dyp2.02x_res_annotated.exe better icons

HTH, ciao Achim

cheez

Chieftain
Thank you
ps there are so many errors in the pedia text they are easy to fix but alot

cheez

Chieftain
okay wtf, i finaly got it to work after making about six edits to missing entries in the pediaicon text and now it will finally open but why is the icon for my worker a paratrooper (not the only error) in the menu select in the city?

Kal el i know you can program a perfect circle around me but you need a and/or better beta tester

WerBackIII

Jar of the Rotting Brain
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Thaaaaaaaaaank Yoooooooooooou!

Wyrm

Chieftain
Thanks I think.
"Cheez
okay wtf, i finaly got it to work after making about six edits to missing entries in the pediaicon text and now it will finally open but why is the icon for my worker a paratrooper (not the only error) in the menu select in the city?

Kal el i know you can program a perfect circle around me but you need a and/or better beta tester"

Ok was that about the first version or the ine I just downloaded from Achim's link?

cheez

Chieftain
Achim yeah that might be why its wrong. but i was alos working with patch 1.50 which was from kal el.
I probably too noob to install it right because no one else is having problems with it.

Just tried Achims. More errors in the code for pediaicons. Fixed those. But i still have the same problem with the city panel just not recognizing the icons for units and buildings so it is coming up with its own eg worker is a paratrooper shrine is a courthouse and archer is a battleship. would get u a pick but it needs to be url and i think yall get the idea.

All i need is the file were i could fix that. but it seems to be a problem with the main program not the update

Wyrm

Chieftain
Achim yeah that might be why its wrong. but i was alos working with patch 1.50 which was from kal el.
I probably too noob to install it right because no one else is having problems with it.

Just tried Achims. More errors in the code for pediaicons. Fixed those. But i still have the same problem with the city panel just not recognizing the icons for units and buildings so it is coming up with its own eg worker is a paratrooper shrine is a courthouse and archer is a battleship. would get u a pick but it needs to be url and i think yall get the idea.

All i need is the file were i could fix that. but it seems to be a problem with the main program not the update

Well that clears things up a bit :confused: I am not a programer and had the latest DYP and really enjoyed it. Worked great. Then the major computer crash and no backups :blush: now I am trying to rebuild my game collection . will try what I downloaded as son as I finish an Epic game in Civ IV.

Achim

Chieftain
Hi,

Sorry can't help you here. I have PTW 1.27f and DYP 2.02 works just fine for me. Is there a newer version somewhere? Oh, the archiv contains the full DYP 2.02 install, there was also an update from version 2.01, but I don't have this one.

Maybe a clean install would help...

ciao, Achim

cheez

Chieftain
I switched to a clean install of 2.02 of the link above and had the similar problems, actually more. It works now but i still have the problem of all the icons in my city screen are off. and i cant find the location of the code that i need to fix it with. If any of you know a programmer please tell him i need help.

Isak

Civ4 Scenario Designer
Cheez, check out the last section of this install guide - the errors you get sound like you're not installing the mod to the correct folder (but I haven't even had Civ3 installed for more than 2 years now, so my memory may be a bit vague on that).

If that doesn't seem to fix the problem, you may want to run through the entire install guide:

For best results:
To avoid potential problems, you should follow this procedure when installing the DYP mod.
Note: Reinstalling Civilization III is only required if you have had other mods installed (but it is still recommended).

1. Back up any files you want to keep (modded files, savegames etc.)
  2. Go to the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel
  3. Uninstall Civilization III: Play The World patches listed there.
  4. Uninstall Civilization III: Play The World.
  5. Uninstall Civilization III patches listed there.
  6. Uninstall Civilization III.
  7. Manually delete the Civilization III folder (by default located in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive)
  8. Reboot your computer
  9. Install Civilization III (no need to patch, as patch 1.29f for Civ3 is included in PtW).
  10. Install Civilization III: Play The World.
  11. Install the official Patch 1.27f and verify that you can load the game
  12. Install the Double Your Pleasure mod.

Make sure the mod is installed to the directory where you installed Civilization III: Play The World.
    The installation program defaults to C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Scenarios.

If you didn't install Civilization III to the default directory, you'll need to manually change the path in the installation program, making sure that the mod ends up in the Scenarios folder located under the Civ3PTW folder.

@Achim: Thanks for putting up the files - have they really disappeared from all sites today? :confused:

Isak

Civ4 Scenario Designer
yeah i didn't do that
i feel like a tard
thanks

You're welcome. And believe me, you're far from the first to make that mistake. :)

T.A JONES

Deity
You guys who can't caugh up the 5 bucks for a copy of Civ3 Conquests seem a lil bit crazy to me. :)

Once you get conquest you can play Rise n Rule amd have a better editer to custumize your expience. Its basicly the same game(rnr) without missing graphics and better pedia.

Wyrm

Chieftain
Well i got DYP loaded and it seems to run just fine. Still got hours to go before i finish the game to be sure it all works but so far so good:lol:

Now I got another question. Where do you get Conquests for $5?:confused:

Thanks for all the help.

denyd

Emperor
I've seen Civ III for $9 & Civ Complete for $19 at Fry's (also Civ II for $5.99)

T.A JONES

Deity
Now I got another question. Where do you get Conquests for $5?:confused:

Thanks for all the help.

You can find some copies on Ebay currently selling for 5 dollers or mybe a doller more. Check it out. I bought Vannila CIv3 for 3 dollers on E Bay. It was brand new but came in a cd case with no box or real instruction cept on the sleave. I paid 30 at Amazon for "Complete"

Achim

Chieftain
You guys who can't caugh up the 5 bucks for a copy of Civ3 Conquests seem a lil bit crazy to me. :)

Once you get conquest you can play Rise n Rule amd have a better editer to custumize your expience. Its basicly the same game(rnr) without missing graphics and better pedia.

Who said we don't have C3C/RAR? :) But I'm usually on the road and play Civ3 mostly on my trusty old laptop. For strange some reasons Conquests crashes every five mins or so and PTW is rockstable.?-) I tried a seperate install (Vanilla, PTW, C3C) and even bought Civ3 Complete and tried that too. Same thing. Hmpffhh... But hey, I should be glad that Civ3 runs on this old
rig.

If all goes right I'll buy a shiny new one in 8 weeks. Wish me luck. Civ4, I'm coming! And Isaak, please speed up the work on RAR4CIV. You have 8 weeks left. ;-)

ciao, Achim

Top Bottom