• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall of Cuantine feedback

I like how the wolves (Hunting Dogs) started with flanking1-3 and Marksman, makes me wish they did in the epic game as well. Makes sense, as that is how I would see wolves attacking in real life. Going for the weakest, and withdrawing.

I suppose it would be too much to ask to allow us to raze cities after we capture them, perhaps via a spell? I would love to have that ability in the main game. I'm thinking it would be nice if it were a spell that could be cast in any revolting city that you own and which would cause the same diplomatic penalty as razing the city the normal way. I tried to write such a spell a while back and it seems to work except that the diplomatic penalty isn't being applied. (Hmm...I wonder if I got it turned around backwards and I was actually changing my opinion of the AI, which doesn't really do anything as I'm a human.)

And be sure to pillage the improvement he's on. After that it should work (just tested)
Indeed it's totally unclear that you need to do something like this.
When Rosier appears, the message should change to something like 'Kill Mucius' and when he's dead, 'Raze the lair'.

Winning the scenario doesn't unlock 'Into the Desert' scenario.
I'm repeating myself, but linking scenarios one to the next is evil.

I suppose it would be too much to ask to allow us to raze cities after we capture them, perhaps via a spell? I would love to have that ability in the main game. I'm thinking it would be nice if it were a spell that could be cast in any revolting city that you own and which would cause the same diplomatic penalty as razing the city the normal way. I tried to write such a spell a while back and it seems to work except that the diplomatic penalty isn't being applied. (Hmm...I wonder if I got it turned around backwards and I was actually changing my opinion of the AI, which doesn't really do anything as I'm a human.)

I agree, I really miss the Civ 3 option of investigating cities before deciding to keep or raze them.

I assume you mean you captured it? Perhaps there should be an auto raze for that one. The priest did tell you to raze the cities with OO, I believe, but you should be okay if you let them take it back, then raze it. Let us know.

I actually had gotten my confessor the Inquisitor upgrade, and didn't find out until he GOT to the cities that he couldn't remove OO, and then it slipped my mind on the capital. And yeah, Letting them take it back isn't really an option, unless I WB in a unit for them.

This should probably get a fix so that the city is auto razed.

I was going around capturing the OO cities and then inqisiting them. Luckily I remembered to Raze the OO HQ city. Rosier is a beast... I was killing 5 units / turn with him!

I don't know if it's possible, but could you make a hidden option to auto-raze cities with a non-state religion that you could use it in this scenario? I doubt that the Bannor would leave a city with the overlords still standing. :lol:

Absolutely wonderful scen, and the first time since Age of Ice I actually felt I was in the FFH world.

I did get all of the problems other people have mentioned. Sabathiel killed Muirin before I even got a chance to see what he/she/it was. It told me to research Order when I already had it, and wouldn't change the goal. I didn't know to pillage the jungle altar, and only found out when I read this thread. By the time I did find out, Sabathiel had founded a city right next door and I couldn't pillage without using the WorldBuilder to get rid of it.

After that, everything worked pretty well. I didn't feel like invading the whole Lanun Empire, so I built some ships and took them to Paradera. It ended up being very weakly defended. Maybe you should make it the capital to convince the AI to station more units there?

Can't wait to play Desert.

When I cleared a barrow in the north I was provided with the catapult. But the catapult is "held" in the city and no way to use it is found.

I managed to win a Domination Victory before even coming within sight of the Overlord Holy city. Just continuing seemed to work, but alternate victory conditions should probably be disabled.

Spoiler :
The dynamics at the end of this scenario were kind of weird. Neither of the two choices you make seem to have any effect, but that might have just been my own trouble in getting the scenarios to start. I had to run into the in the desert thing and manually fire them up.

That being said, it seems very odd that Rosier and Decius, who seem to "fall" at the same time, and seem to be at least reasonably close, seem to totally vanish off of each other's radar screens. When I beat in the Desert as the Malakim, I wiped out Rosier the fallen with a swordsman, with nary a comment or fluttering of the eyelashes from Decius.

Well, Rosier fell at least a few days sooner and his fall was real while Decius' was (at least in the Malakim version) just a misunderstanding.

I think it could be appropriate for Rosier and Decius to meet again in The Wages of Sin.

Perhaps AV should be blocked in Into the Desert so that Rosier doesn't show up there. In Wages of Sin there will be dialogue between, probably when/if Rosier is built & killed; (regardless of by whom); likewise Valin.

Spoiler :
The choice of whether to spare Rosier or persue him should effect that scenario. And the choice of whether to go with the Calabim or Malakim effects the next four scenarios.

Hmm, Im only playing for a few turns now but I find it odd that Sabathiel researches the Order, though he already has the Holy City!
Sure, we're in a team & I dont have it, so neither will he, but anyway since the Order is already present at the start of this scenario, something should be done about it, IMHO!

Well, after playing through it, I only add that it feels weird to research something, whats obviously already there; I know its for the story & its really nicely done, so I wouldnt know how to improve it.

When I cleared a barrow in the north I was provided with the catapult. But the catapult is "held" in the city and no way to use it is found.

I confirm that! The catapult is held in that city from the beginning on & doesnt loose its promo once the event triggers!

After the Altar was destroyed there were still barbarian Freaks & Drowns coming outta that direction, maybe intended but surely no big deal!

On Monarch difficulty the Lanun didnt offer any opposition, except one Assasin & a Galley crossing the borders; I build three Triremes, one Confessor & five Axemen, hopped over the sea and eradicated the Citygarrison consisting of one Archer, Longbowman & a Drown!
One of the two barbarian drowns at the end was killed by a Lanun Galley.

Wait, why is this scenario called "The Fall of Cuantine" when, if the player wins, Cuantine is saved?

Nice quick scenario that gets the story going for the chain of scenarios. Now if only the final two episodes are finished so that I can play out the story...

Top Bottom