New Unit Killer Hornet and Hornet Nest Wonder - March 8, 2009

... Wing Transparency issues that I ended up only using Motion Blur ...
...There was a Tremendous amount of Post Render Work that had to be done to accomplish the desired end results.
... the Wings are Transparent ...
I realize that this Unit will Not fit in a traditional War game very well but thought I would Upload it for those of you who might be able to use it.
Glad you were able to overcome all the difficulties with the unit's (pel)lucidity. ;) One might call you a master challenger for even attempting such a unit. ;) It would be a shame for it to be lost to the world. ;)

Great looking unit and exceptional animations.:goodjob:

Top quality.:)

Vuldacon, bravo! :clap: And to do this outstanding unit while at the same time helping other civers with their graphical and other problems, makes your work even more outstanding. I bet, this killer hornet will beat rhodies old malaria mosquito and than comes the final fight: Killer Hornet versus rhodies` Iceberg. :D

very interesting unit, Vuldacon. Would be made all the cooler if made into a multi unit with a whole swarm of Killer hornets attacking :)

Boss Tweed... Yes a Multi-Unit would be another good thing to have but this unit is large for an insect and details are lost as it is... IF made smaller for a swarm, the details would be lost to extreme with such Tiny units.
I am sure someone will Tackle the issues and try to make a Multi-Unit of small Hornets...and I wish them Luck with the End Result :)

... I suppose three or four larger units could be placed for a Multi-Unit with good results if time is taken to do a good job.

Personally, I am behind in Units I need to make and much more work than I can say here but I do agree that a Multi-Unit of Hornets would be Cool :cool:

Boss Tweed... Yes a Multi-Unit would be another good thing to have but this unit is large for an insect and details are lost as it is... IF made smaller for a swarm, the details would be lost to extreme with such Tiny units.
I am sure someone will Tackle the issues and try to make a Multi-Unit of small Hornets...and I wish them Luck with the End Result :)

... I suppose three or four larger units could be placed for a Multi-Unit with good results if time is taken to do a good job.

Personally, I am behind in Units I need to make and much more work than I can say here but I do agree that a Multi-Unit of Hornets would be Cool :cool:
that's true, but either way its a cool unit

MULTI-UNIT "KILLER HORNET SWARM":D

THIS UNIT IS DEDICATED TO VULDACON
All credits go to ... Vuldacon

Preview:

The files:
View attachment Killer Hornet Swarm.rar

Unit_32.pcx and ReadMe.txt included

Have Fun !:lol:
EDIT: Changed preview image

General 666

Attachments

• KillerHornet.gif
    KillerHornet.gif
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,146
Last edited:
General 666... Interesting Multi-Unit. I like that you staggered the Units for most animations but I believe the Attacks will show problems in that the Two Front Hornets will Not Hit the Enemy and AttackA will Not go with AttackB at least for the Back Hornet that abruptly is on the Ground.
I like the Death with two Hornets using different directions and the Back Hornet Buzzing away :)

Well, the hornet swarm could have its use when spawned by the nest wonder. Poor people that get caught in that swarm could be used to breed new, single insects (think EFZI). ;)

General 666... Interesting Multi-Unit. I like that you staggered the Units for most animations but I believe the Attacks will show problems in that the Two Front Hornets will Not Hit the Enemy and AttackA will Not go with AttackB at least for the Back Hornet that abruptly is on the Ground.
I like the Death with two Hornets using different directions and the Back Hornet Buzzing away :)
Yes ,the attacks was the most difficult part here. Tommorrow I will try to improve both attacks and re-upload the unit again. Thanks for the death-compliment. My favorite too.:)

I think the Best way to make a Multi-Unit is to make each of the Units involved separately for the animation rather than try to use a single unit and duplicate it... this becomes to much the same for each of them when using the one unit for all of them.

The Killer Hornet Swarm unit is quite cool, but Vuldacon brings up a good point. It probably would work better with 3 seperate attack (and possibly death) animations for the units

I think the Best way to make a Multi-Unit is to make each of the Units involved separately for the animation rather than try to use a single unit and duplicate it... this becomes to much the same for each of them when using the one unit for all of them.
That is the reason why all my others M-Units looks better (usually I mix more than just one unit together). But there is no other compareable Unit to mix in...
So it must become a little bit boring...

This unit is friggin' sweet! That death is amazing! Good job, Vuldacon!

Top Bottom