A New Hope: A Star Wars Mafia Game (Game Thread)

Oh boy, I had managed to forget since the last game that I need to speak very slowly for you to understand what I'm saying. Let me try again then.

:rolleyes:As far as I can tell, credits and auctions serve about zero purpose right now, except to potentially get items to bad guys, as Jabba might want.
Care to explain this further? I don't see it. If I get my hands on an item intended for sale, either through someone giving it privately or through being voted it, the only thing I can do with it is put it up for an auction. Because if I don't, that's the end of my business right there, and probably my life as well. What part of "Full transparency" did you fail to understand? The latter word may be long, but it basically means that everything will be visible to you and everyone else.

I understand it is possible that several characters may have a purpose to gather credits and perhaps that is the only way we Innocents can bargain with them later, but surely they don't want to be outmarked by Jabba either.
Which I already said in my post.

However, instead of going off and trusting Jabba now, as he's already caused chaos by trying to get me killed, perhaps playing off of the last game, we have better alternatives.
I do not meta-game, period. I am not after your life. I have not been trying to have you killed. Yet. And I repeat my promise to make it public when I do.

How about keeping the items out of the hands of a "neutral who will put them up to sale" altogether?
Whyever is that a better alternative? With me you get full transparency (there's that long word again, sorry). With anyone else, you must ask what agenda they have. Even confirmed "innocents" would have a faction agenda.

And if only bounty hunters/evildoers in general need credits, then any real Innocent is safe just holding onto their own.
Say what? Whatever makes you believe that innocents would not be helped by credits? I do not presume to know what abilities are out there that deal with credits in any capacity, but at the very least I know that credits will let you buy things from me. How is that not useful? :)

Should someone have an actual ability that is helpful and needs credits I'd be willing to share; Jabba is about the worst option.
You sound as if I've asked people to give me their money. Quite the opposite in fact, I've offered my auction services for free. That means I won't charge anything, nor keep any part of the revenue for myself.

Guess this makes the vote simpler though. Anyone who needs to talk to me in private should do so as I can't really reveal who's told me what here.
Read: "If I were to say these things in public, the lies would be refuted."

And there's still that bounty which I'm sure many of you DO know about and I could use some protection.
And why would anyone want to protect you? That's a genuine question, not just an in your face. What makes you a valuable asset?

Huts are not known for their speaking abilities and all that's he's said comes to down this - he's been caught messing around with bounty hunters and generally being scum.
Pure lies. Lies fester in the private, why don't you share with me what you have learnt, and let those who know something about it refute your statements? The answer should be obvious. :rolleyes:

I assure you I am the better alternative.
:lol: Then work up your debating skills, kiddo. Right now I'm not seeing any.

As long as someone dies, it's all good.

Let's see...

Earthling claims to have a bounty on his head and is requesting protection, yet we have no proof that any such bounty exists.

Earthling seems to be seeking others to trust him with information, yet we have no reason or evidence to trust him.

Earthling is using the basis of his bounty (again, no proof it exists) to get others to trust him.

I currently don't trust Niklas either, as Jabba the Hut isn't one we can trust, but I'm also not seeing a reason for why Niklas would assign a bounty (if one exists) on Earthling.

So far, all I'm seeing is smoke and mirrors and it appears its all being created by Earthling. I'm removing my vote on Abstain.

Good rhetoric Niklas, but I think I like better Earthlings politics.
Maybe Im naive not following our brother, Methos, resonation. Hope not.
vote for Arakhor was just for voting

Too bad I can't vote for both of you. Why don't you reveal as well, Earthling?

I think I have to agree with Methos. Earthling has somehow revealed someone's identity, learnt a supposedly secret bounty and is already throwing down a lot of threats, all on Day One. If even half of what he says is true, allegedly learning all of that within 48 hours of the game beginning heavily suggests a Mafia role.

I agree with Methos as well. thomas.berubeg. Earthling has some serious explaining to do.

I too agree with Methos abstain Earthling

I was going to wait with this until night had fallen, to be in my proper element. But apparently Earthling is seeing shadows in the middle of the day, so I might as well.

I, dear friends, am Jabba the Hutt. I may look grotesque to some, but I assure you, I am really quite a nice chap. Quite nice indeed. And I provide a very valuable community service too, I should point out. At a very modest price, too. Very modest.

What service, you may ask? Why, I facilitate the market around here. Flow of goods, boost of commerce, influx of revenue, free happiness for all, that sort of thing. But most importantly for our current situation: I run the auctions. Got an item to sell? I'm your man. Well, Hutt, but still.

I will make this very clear from the beginning: I don't care about your petty feuding. Killing is certainly bad for business, but sometimes inevitable. Still, I take no interest in it. I am, for all purposes, a neutral party. I don't care if you style yourself innocent or evil, such details bore me. Money talks.

I have already acquired a few useful trinkets that could be of good use to many. I will not name them until tomorrow though, when the bidding will start, for fear of thieving hands.

Also, as a neutral, allow me to offer my services to this town, for free. People will die. Items will come up for voting. Vote those items to me. I will get a description, and I will then put the item up for auctioning, with the description of what it does. I will split any revenue from auctions done this way among those who voted the item to me, with uneven splits being decided by the order the votes were cast. Full transparency, helping the innocents of this city to keep track of the items that go around.

How come you know me so well? You are right though - if a lawless scum came to me with an item to sell, then I would sell it. With no second thoughts and no questions asked. Why should I care? As long as the commerce keeps flowing, I'm satisfied. I provide a useful community service, I am no law enforcement agency. If you find that a reason to have me killed, I can only wonder what reasons you have to be paranoid.

As for me putting a bounty on someone's head - you must be joking. Why would I squander money on having a potential customer killed? The only reason I could ever have for wanting someone killed is if they make it personal. You're well on your way, but I swear: If I will ever put a bounty on your head, I will do it publicly.

To any other neutral parties out there, with useful services to sell: Since I am now already a public figure, I offer to be your contact, keeping your name and face anonymous to presumptive clients. Feel free to contact me via private channels. I may even see fit to purchase some services myself, at times. We may be rivals in terms of victory condition (only one can have the most money at the end), but it's a long way until such considerations needs to be made. As such, there is no reason why we cannot be civil and work together for mutual gain.

To anyone looking to attack me: I am already protected. I can certainly be lynched to death, should anyone be so inclined, but I remind you that I provide a useful community service. Do you?

Note for everyone else: Probably true that Niklas can auction items, but that doesn't make him an innocent. I'm a little bit sceptical that he is a pure innocent...especially when he claims to be protected and have that ability.

Wait, we're doing full reveals already? Things have changed in the month I've been out.

I'm not sure I want to place any votes until I hear Earthling's role. abstain for now.

Ok, just to prevent weirdness, and since the update hasn't happened yet (?), let me unvote: Niklas

abstain

Some things I ought to say after night actually begins I'll then share.

I will abstain as well finally... don't want another LOTR start (unvote: tailleskanguru)

Earlier today I PM'ed Earthling questioning him on his actions and requesting answers. I was hoping he'd give me some evidence or reasoning for his statments, but instead his reply was this:

Earthling said:
Added to scum list, though with you I can never be sure.

Seems a rather scummy statement to me. Heck, he won't even reply in the thread to statements he made publicly. Smells like scum to me...

Some things I ought to say after night actually begins I'll then share.

Now that's even a more scummy statement to make. You want to wait until night time starts? What, do you not fear being killed at night? Maybe because you do the killing?

Also, with people currently voting for you, why not explain your very posts? Heck, you want people to vote for Niklas, yet you don't give your evidence? Or are you afraid that the evidence you have, or don't have, is going to cause us to lynch you because of it?

I don't like how you're ignoring questions regarding statements you've made. I sure hope no one has been stupid enough to share info with Earthling.

Niklas is Jabba the Hut and there's a bounty on me, and he explicitly lied to us all here (and others in private, most likely) about what his associations with bounty hunters are. Plus, he's not Innocent, and not likely to be pro-Innocent anytime soon. Surely the Rebels/Jedi have numbers so it's much safer for us to simply vote on items, where we can keep them out of evil hands, than give them to auction/sell to whomever.

Methos, everything you sent me has been sounding an awful lot like you're a bounty hunter just trying to scope me out and see if you can kill me tonight.

Anyway, I'll explain everything that needs to be known to whomever needs to know it. If Niklas could be vig-killed that would be nice, if anyone wants to help me defend myself against the bounty hunters that would be nice too.

I realize there is likely to be no lynch now so please just join me in abstaining all - if I live through the night all will be explained, if I die tonight it doesn't matter to me but you'll know who I am. Else if it looks like I'm getting lynched out here I'll reveal possibly damaging info at the last second, so I advise Innocents against that.

Niklas is Jabba the Hut and there's a bounty on me, and he explicitly lied to us all here (and others in private, most likely) about what his associations with bounty hunters are.
I have lied to no one. You claim I lie, for what purposes I can't fathom, but that's just your paranoia talking.

Plus, he's not Innocent, and not likely to be pro-Innocent anytime soon.
Correct. I'm also not likely to be anti-Innocent anytime soon.

Surely the Rebels/Jedi have numbers so it's much safer for us to simply vote on items, where we can keep them out of evil hands, than give them to auction/sell to whomever.
Stupid stupid stupid. It's seems obvious you're just interested in hoarding yourself. I reiterate that even with "known" innocents (of which you certainly aren't one), you still have to wonder about faction motivations. With me - TRANSPARENCY.

Anyway, I'll explain everything that needs to be known to whomever needs to know it. If Niklas could be vig-killed that would be nice, if anyone wants to help me defend myself against the bounty hunters that would be nice too.
And why would anyone want to kill me? First, I am protected, and second, I am a moderate lynchbait. I'm a wasted kill for anyone, and a deathtrap to most.

More to the point though, why would anyone want to defend you? It's not like you've done anything other than cry for blood and vengeance over imagined slights. Not the kind of "innocent" I would want to work with, ever.

Else if it looks like I'm getting lynched out here I'll reveal possibly damaging info at the last second, so I advise Innocents against that.
You're actually threatening the innocents that you will harm their cause if they lynch you? Wow, how... noble. :rolleyes:

Abstain btw, I realized I hadn't voted yet.

Top Bottom