Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I don't have a default install path either, and it works for me just fine, once I rightclicked the Rise From Erebus folder inside the beyond the sword/mods folder, the read only property there was grey checked, unchecking it there, and then opening the launcher and it began working properly, give that a try?

Edit: I tried deleting/reinstalling, and can't get it to error now, really weird, but please give that directory properties a try, see if that helps you any, even if you aren't seeing any of the files as read only.

still not work for me, weird. i has uncheck it but it always return checked. seem it just uncheck file attribute inside folder but not folder itself.

Anyone had issues with CTD's when an AI civ build Barnaxus?

In the save file below, Barnie will be completed at the start of the next turn. In my own testing, I got the CTD 7 times and no crash 3 times...

Attachments

• Barnie_Fail.CivBeyondSwordSave
    221.9 KB · Views: 45
Just to check, I started games as Amurites and Archos and am also getting the blank page when I select unfiltered.

From the civilopedia on the title screen, the two blank spaces at the beginning of the Unfiltered, Alphabetic list also occur for Buildable, Alphabetic. One space occurs for National, Alphabetic (before Abomination), but none occur on any of the civ-specific lists.

Sorry if this has been reported (most likely has :x )

I'm getting this error when trying to transfer maps on the launch screen:

Spoiler :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName)
at RifELauncher.FormMapscripts.enableMoveToPrivateMapsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RifELauncher
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Firaxis%20Games/Sid%20Meier's%20Civilization%204/Beyond%20the%20Sword/Mods/Rise%20from%20Erebus/RifELauncher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Edit: Whoops didn't see the Launcher Thread

I did have to confirm "Copy and Replace", but neither the blank spots in the civilopedia from the title screen, nor the blank page for units in game was fixed.

I did have to confirm "Copy and Replace", but neither the blank spots in the civilopedia from the title screen, nor the blank page for units in game was fixed.

Unfortunately, I can only think of two other ways this would happen, then. Neither is good.

1. Some remnants of an older version are still on your system (likely) - Completely delete the Rise from Erebus folder, as well as your My Documents/My Games/BtS folder
  2. Your copy of the installer has issues (unlikely) - Redownload, reinstall from scratch.

I'm thinking the first option will work. If not, I have absolutely no idea what's going on atm. :(

If the Read Only box is a blue box, it means it is not read only. Only if it is a grey checkbox is it actually read only.
oh yeah sorry. it has unchecked but still not work for me.

just ask is machinarum removed in 1.3?. not found it in religion xml.

Hmm... Wonder why scorpion archers would cause it, and others wouldn't? Do you and the other players have logs enabled? If so, they may be helpful.

We don't, but I'll make sure we both enable them for our next game. For now we're just stomping on them as soon as they come near our borders.

Okay, I deleted that stuff and reinstalled and am okay with just 1.3, but the gaps reappear when I include Fall Under, so I'll refer the problem to MrUnderhill's thread.

BTW, what is "MPL"? It shows up on the manage module list, but it's not quite clear from the filenames what it does.

oh yeah sorry. it has unchecked but still not work for me.

just ask is machinarum removed in 1.3?. not found it in religion xml.

Honestly, I saw the blue box and assumed it was read only as well. :lol: Still getting used to Win7.

Machinarum was removed, yes. There will be a new religion, Airandamar, in 1.4 or so.

We don't, but I'll make sure we both enable them for our next game. For now we're just stomping on them as soon as they come near our borders.

Sounds good. So long as I can get logs from both players, we may be able to figure out the issue.

Okay, I deleted that stuff and reinstalled and am okay with just 1.3, but the gaps reappear when I include Fall Under, so I'll refer the problem to MrUnderhill's thread.

BTW, what is "MPL"? It shows up on the manage module list, but it's not quite clear from the filenames what it does.

Ah, didn't even know you had it installed. I'll do so and try to figure out what's going on.

MPL is "Modular Python Loading". It is just a test module that anw made to test the modular python, leave it deactive. Only left it in so that modders could have an example.

It seems that researching worker techs that are supposed to reduce construction times has actually no effect whatsoever on said construction times, or is it just the tooltip giving false info?

Is the Animal Civ supposed to be able to claim forts ?

It seems that researching worker techs that are supposed to reduce construction times has actually no effect whatsoever on said construction times, or is it just the tooltip giving false info?

Is the Animal Civ supposed to be able to claim forts ?

We're working on fixing that right now. At first I thought it was just that you had to have all techs listed to get the speed boosts (which works on the farm... Farm with Agriculture is still 20 turns, but add Feudalism and it drops to 10, which is the benefit from both), but then that doesn't work on Mines, which only need one tech. So... We're working on it.

And yes.

Can't believe I didn't catch this before.. but crystal plains do not require access to a river to spawn, they only require fresh water.. which means if you build an aqueduct 'before' it turns to glacial (not after) you will get crystal plains there.

And LOL at animals being able to claim forts. "This is bear kingdom! You Hairless stay out!"

I got another minor OOS issue for you: Auto-casting spells causes OOSs when the spell is cast automatically. Not much of an issue as long as you don't teach the AI to use it.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention, Valk, since I get the feeling that you didn't seethat post.

Additionally I got another Python exception for you, can't make a screenshot (Prt Sc doesn't work and I don't have any third party software on my laptop) so it's in plain text:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 119, in canCast

File "string", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2971, in ReqRessurection

File "CustomFunctions", line 2047, in getHero

KeyError: "Bannor"

I tried to resurrect Donal Lugh using Life III but now I get this exception every time I try to select my archmage and he doesn't appear to be casting the spell (should take 7 turns).

I don't remember seeing this listed. Ljosalfar workers can get the Woodsman promotion, which is now useless to them with the Hardy change. I assume it's the same for Svartalfar workers.

As mentioned for the Svartalfar before (IIRC), Ljosalfar workers are also clearing Ancient Forests when building any improvement that would for other civs clear forests.

I don't remember seeing this listed. Ljosalfar workers can get the Woodsman promotion, which is now useless to them with the Hardy change.

Dunno... But if they can get Woodsman II also (and I think they can) they can take advantage of the double movement in forest. So woodsman I should remain as a prerequisite.
Now, the practical utility of having such option (...2 promos for double movement in forest... Really?) would be material for a totally new discussion...

Edit: now that I think of it... With the new changes to hardy, maybe elven workers could auto start with Woodsman I?
It would have no actual effect on them (since they have no str to begin with), but it would be flavourful, and above all, allow them to take Woodsman II without having to waste a promo...
Double movement in forest would then look interesting on highly promote workers...

Top Bottom