Achievement Suggestions for ACE

testdummy653

Prince
ACE (Achievement Challenge Events) is a new competition that stormerne has developed and wants to implement in the forums.

The goal of ACE is to provide a competition with achievements created by the community. The best achievements will be rounded up and be voted by the community. The winner of the vote will then be the achievement challenge for the month. When one completes the ACE achievement(s) of the month, they will receive points for that achievement. These challenges, unlike the GOTM, can be done at anytime for points, allowing new users to CiV or ACE to participate in achieving past achievements, effectively catching up in the competition.

To learn more or to discuss the new concept of this competition: Go here
This is still a new competition and we are looking for feedback.

This thread is for achievement suggestion only, please do not vote on this thread, that will come at a later time. :) Suggestion will be taken till 11/25.

Jaffa Tamarin

Monkey Cult
My suggestions:

1. Build a city with population 40+ (bonus points for pop 50+).
2. Build a city with population 20+ before turn 200 (bonus points for 25+).
3. On a large/huge map, achieve allied status with every city state.

testdummy653

Prince
A few of achievements that i would like to see

Have a navy fleet of every ship available (from work boat, to missile cruiser)
Play a game with no strategic resources(no mods, just not using them or having them developed)
Have a gold age last 100 years on standard map time
Build 15 wonders in one city
Build all basic building in one city (non resource, non river or location based building)
End with 100,000 gold
Have over 25 workers
the 500,000 army (have demographic state that your army is over 500,000 strong)
the 1,000,000 army (^^)
Be first in everything in demographics
75x city (having everything in your city culture, science, production, gold be over a 75)

Its not really hard to make achievements, just hard to make a really good and challenging achievement.

shanodin

Chieftain
Have a gold age last 100 years on standard map time

Do you mean 100 turns? Because 100 years would be pretty easy, surely, with the way turns and years scale.

My suggestions -
  • We welcome our new robot overlords - Win a domination victory, taking the final capital with a Giant Death Robot
  • If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands - Have your first golden age before turn 50
  • Speedy Gonzales - Win the game before the year 0AD

Those are what I can think of for now, but will probably come back and edit this post as I think up new ones!

testdummy653

Prince
Do you mean 100 turns? Because 100 years would be pretty easy, surely, with the way turns and years scale.

My suggestions -
  • We welcome our new robot overlords - Win a domination victory, taking the final capital with a Giant Death Robot
  • If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands - Have your first golden age before turn 50
  • Speedy Gonzales - Win the game before the year 0AD

Those are what I can think of for now, but will probably come back and edit this post as I think up new ones!

100 turns, good call

stormerne

is just a
Retired Moderator
Some ideas (including one from the original thread):
  • Master Mason: Develop a city with all possible buildings, built or bought. (Will need to be a coastal city on a river and next to a mountain!)
  • Contrarian: Fully unlock any two contradictory social policy trees. (e.g. All of Piety then all of Rationalism)
  • Puppet Master (series): Puppet all city states. (e.g. 16 on standard maps, with variations for all map sizes)
  • Merchant Magnate: Earn 100+ gold per turn from trade routes.
  • Export Tycoon: Supply each of the 15 luxury resources through 15 separate but concurrent deals.
  • Borders no obstacle: Capture a city with a "no terrain movement penalty" Mechanical Infantry. (An American special.)

moyang

Chieftain
The Iron Man : Get a Longswordsman with Drill 3 and Shock 3
Cotigo, ergo sum : Get Philosophy with Great Scientist.
Scorched Earth : Raze 3 Cities with Nuclear Missile in Earth-type map.

stormerne

is just a
Retired Moderator
  • Nature Lover: All seven natural wonders are within the borders of your cities.

stormerne

is just a
Retired Moderator
  • Just dropped in: Take an enemy capital using a paratrooper.

testdummy653

Prince
The Gathering of Great Minds - make all Great People and put them around the capital

stormerne

is just a
Retired Moderator
  • Renaissance Man: Enter the Renaissance Era from an Ancient Era start by 1000 BC at normal speed.

testdummy653

Prince
Are we playing civ II? - Destory a tank with a spearman

AlpsStranger

Jump jump on the tiger!
Backdoor Domination: Win a domination victory while controlling only your own capital.

stormerne

is just a
Retired Moderator
Impossible. You can't raze capital cities.
Very true. It's just possible that AlpsStranger's contribution was "tongue-in-cheek", though which cheek isn't completely clear! ;)

GKling

Chieftain
DeCafPitulation: Win a game without falling asleep while clicking the ‘Next Turn’ button. :)

testdummy653

Prince
DeCafPitulation: Win a game without falling asleep while clicking the ‘Next Turn’ button. :)

Ahh another attempt at humor.... Everyone knows this achievement isn't possible:lol:.

Achievements:
Say hello to my little friend: Help a City State capture an enemy civ's capital.
Diplomacy For the Win: Win a diplomacy victory by with only liberated Civs and City-States.
Stuck in a Moment: Research the repeating Future Tech before 1500
City of Blinding Lights: (French only) Found Paris with a hundred culture
Love and Peace or Else: Build the UN, but be at war with every civ left in the game
Where the Streets have No Name: Build a road that 50 hexes long (uninterrupted).
In God's Country: Win a game with no trade post built in your empire.
Love is Blindness: Force your loved one to play this game.
New York: Offer to buy New York for 5 gold.
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: Win a domination victory with no horses.

Top Bottom