Achievement Suggestions for ACE

Backdoor Domination: Win a domination victory while controlling only your own capital.
Is it posible for 3 civs to have control of their capitols and the other 2 lose theirs on the in-between-turn?

Ahh another attempt at humor.... Everyone knows this achievement isn't possible:lol:.

Achievements:
Say hello to my little friend: Help a City State capture an enemy civ's capital.
Diplomacy For the Win: Win a diplomacy victory by with only liberated Civs and City-States.
Stuck in a Moment: Research the repeating Future Tech before 1500
City of Blinding Lights: (French only) Found Paris with a hundred culture
Love and Peace or Else: Build the UN, but be at war with every civ left in the game
Where the Streets have No Name: Build a road that 50 hexes long (uninterrupted).
In God's Country: Win a game with no trade post built in your empire.
Love is Blindness: Force your loved one to play this game.
New York: Offer to buy New York for 5 gold.
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: Win a domination victory with no horses.

A couple of U2 references in there if I'm not mistaken?

Is it posible for 3 civs to have control of their capitols and the other 2 lose theirs on the in-between-turn?
Yes. Theoretically. But very unlikely. And whereas you could incite the process to start, you have no control over whether it would be completed. It would just be luck and long odds at that.

What you would need to do is incite a war between two other civs. They would take out each other's capital. That's not really going to happen as one would go before the other and it would probably be over shortly after. Or get a ring of three to go after each other.

Realistically, unless all sides really want to fight - which they won't if you had to put them up to it - they won't have the staying power to remove all the capitals for you.

A couple of U2 references in there if I'm not mistaken?

Just a few references:lol:

More Achievements:

Somewhere Only We Know: Destory a civ before they make contact with any other civ in the game(4 civ min). (this can be proven on the diplo screen, they would have no option for PoS)
Can't Stop Now: Capture Three Capitals in one turn
Your Eyes Open: Discover Satellites before 1350 ad
Leaving So Soon: Win a diplomatic victory with complete kills on
Is it Any Wonder: Build every Wonder in every city, but no city can have more than one wonder. (i don't what the exact count is, but you got to be good)

Africa Bamba - As Spain (When DLC is released), control all of Africa on an Earth map.
Terra Australia - Control all of Australia before 1000 AD
What a Wonderful World - Have at least 5 Wonders in one city, and have that same city have at least two different Natural Wonders within it's borders (Must be on a base game map, Great Barrier Reef counts as one)

If I was trying for this I would be donating lots of units to city-states and hoping for them to take over the AI capitals.

I have a achievement like that written down, and I will make sure you get credit for it(if its selected) :)

Reminder that there will be no more suggestion taken after Nov 25.

Thanks for all the good ideas so far.

Monty can't buy me love: Win a diplomatic victory as montezuma without making any gold donations to any city state

(this would require a lot of luck, liberating a bunch of city states, using patronage, getting lucky with missions, gifting units etc...)

Defense is the best form of offense: Win a domination victory without declaring war against any other civilization.

(I suggest using a Standard map. It would need to be decided whether declaring war on city-states should be allowed.)

Ultra Robot: gain a Domination Victory by taking all opposing capitals with the GDR

(would mean you'd have to save the capitals, then crush them later in the game)...

Ultra Robot: gain a Domination Victory by taking all opposing capitals with the GDR

(would mean you'd have to save the capitals, then crush them later in the game)...
Kind of like a super version of this one:
  • We welcome our new robot overlords - Win a domination victory, taking the final capital with a Giant Death Robot
BUT... these are both fairly straightforward and very quick - AS THEY'RE WORDED AT THE MOMENT. (Though of course they're a lot of fun!)
I just completed both of these at the same time in only 15 turns. Not bragging, just mentioning that both of you may want to word them differently.

Dragonslayer: Have a unit whose XP is greater than turns elapsed. No advanced settings.

And some new approaches...

Strategist: Write a strategy guide viewed 5,000+ times (or 300 times if that's in the PDF format) on the CFC forum; the guide can be written for any audience (e.g., beginners, experts, warmongers, or peacemongers) and in any length, but the guide must contain new ideas.

Contributor: Create a mod, modcomp, scenario, utility program, or modding tutorial which is downloaded/read 500+ times.

Strategist: Write a strategy guide viewed 5,000+ times (or 300 times if that's in the PDF format) on the CFC forum; the guide can be written for any audience (e.g., beginners, experts, warmongers, or peacemongers) and in any length, but the guide must contain new ideas.

Contributor: Create a mod, modcomp, scenario, utility program, or modding tutorial which is downloaded/read 500+ times.
Wonderfully creative. Thank you for those!

Dragonslayer: Have a unit whose XP is greater than turns elapsed. No advanced settings.
I thought I'd just have a go at this one. I got a warrior with 5XP on turn 4! Duel, deity, Oda, standard speed Pangaea. No advanced settings. Just straight into an encampment. Perhaps you might want to redefine it. :)

I thought I'd just have a go at this one. I got a warrior with 5XP on turn 4! Duel, deity, Oda, standard speed Pangaea. No advanced settings. Just straight into an encampment. Perhaps you might want to redefine it. :)

Yeah, that would be too easy, so let me change it! :lol:
Dragonslayer: Have a unit whose XP is greater than turns elapsed (min. 100). No advanced settings.

Originally Posted by The_Quasar

BUT... these are both fairly straightforward and very quick - AS THEY'RE WORDED AT THE MOMENT. (Though of course they're a lot of fun!)
I just completed both of these at the same time in only 15 turns. Not bragging, just mentioning that both of you may want to word them differently.

Understood, I've thought about this and rewording is:-

Ultra Robot: Gain a Domination Victory by taking all opposing capitals with the GDR. Minimum map size = standard, minimum opponents = 7, minimum level = king

Thank you, stormerne for pointing out the incompleteness of the original post, it was meant to be a challenge, and, as it was, it was rather a lame challenge. This is better, although still not too hard, it will require more thought. I didn't want something that was next to impossible, rather something that was doable and interesting, with some thought required.

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse! - Win a domination victory without building any non-mounted units. (Small map, no city-states, cannot play as Kengis Khan.)

I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds - Remove all of a civilization's cities (except the capital) from the map using nuclear missiles. (Must be at least 5 cities.)

One giant leap for mankind - Build the Apollo Program before any other civ has entered the Industrial era.

Thank you, stormerne for pointing out the incompleteness of the original post, it was meant to be a challenge, and, as it was, it was rather a lame challenge. This is better, although still not too hard, it will require more thought. I didn't want something that was next to impossible, rather something that was doable and interesting, with some thought required.
Thank YOU for understanding that I was trying to be constructive and for responding so positively. :) It's amazing how quick some things are on duel, pangaea and a future era start (plus playing as Oda, just in case)!

These achievements are looking good, reminder that turkey day, Nov. 25, is the last day to submit any achievements for December.

• Culture Vulture: Overall culture points per turn are greater than the turn number (after turn 3)
Estimate as average speed, medium difficulty, 4 EP (effort points).
Caveat of "after turn 3" is because France can start with 3 per turn.

• Appearances can be deceptive: Win a game while still being last in all demographic categories

Top Bottom