Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in renaissance now with no crashes so far fwiw :)

But I did have something strange happen. All of a sudden, I can no longer build paved roads anywhere.

And I also had a great farmer finish building a sheep, only to have no sheep and a great farmer that didn't want to build anything else.

Doesn't paved road require access to stone? Or was that an earlier version?

Yup, paved roads need Stone Resource. If you lost access to that you'd no longer be able to build them.

Cheers

re GF: I only had sheep due to a trade agreement, but didn't lose it.

re Paved Roads: I have 3 local stone resources hooked up and viewable in my cities. The option to build them may have disappeared upon researching a new tech.

Another thing I noticed is that the Assassin obsoletes with Matchlock, but this isn't mentioned in the sevopedia, and its replacement can't be built until you have railroad (for saloon).

re GF: I only had sheep due to a trade agreement, but didn't lose it.

re Paved Roads: I have 3 local stone resources hooked up and viewable in my cities. The option to build them may have disappeared upon researching a new tech.

Another thing I noticed is that the Assassin obsoletes with Matchlock, but this isn't mentioned in the sevopedia, and its replacement can't be built until you have railroad (for saloon).

Check that your capital shows a sheep resopurcec in the city screen. If not that is an explanation (though it might in itself be a bug). If it doesn't try an asset rebuild (crtl-shift-R) and see if that helps. If not post the save game and I'll take a look.

Thanks - Ctrl+Shift+T appears to have fixed the paved roads issue :) I've built another GF and will let you know if it doesn't work.

Oh, one other thing i forgot to mention...

If Divine Prophets (I think that's what it's called - the option where you get a GP instead of auto-founding a religion) is turned on, then the GP is unable to found Sikhism and Jainism... unless they have some undocumented requirement not in the sevopedia.

starting a new game v20 any fixes or anything I should know about??

Not yet. :)

Oh, one other thing i forgot to mention...

If Divine Prophets (I think that's what it's called - the option where you get a GP instead of auto-founding a religion) is turned on, then the GP is unable to found Sikhism and Jainism... unless they have some undocumented requirement not in the sevopedia.

No that is a bug which I had thought I had fixed. :(

@Koskling attached is a save which shows the colony problem. Took awhile but I got there ;)

Edit Fix to allow Great Prophet to found jainism or Sikhism if the Great Prophet option is on now in SVN.

@Koskling attached is a save which shows the colony problem. Took awhile but I got there ;)

Fix pushed to SVN. Two parts:

1) Stone throwers resulted because the code was iniilaizing conscripts for the new player before he had had any techs transferred to him (from the original owner)

2) The gatherer wasn't from empire split code at all. It was from C2C Python that gives a free gatherer on discovery of Gathering. When a new player is initialised in an empire split they acquire all the original owners techs, and each is processed as they do. Modified the Python to only give the gatherer if its an 'announced' aquisition (which amounts to one that isn't just house-keeping like this) [@DH - this was a change to a Python file inside modules/Dancing Hoskuld FYI)

HOWEVER, you STILL only get spearmen. This is because someone (not my bag!) still needs to go through fixing the Unit XML for LOTS AND LOTS of units. The code chooses the best units to conscript based PURELY on their <iConscription> value. Nearly every unit has 0 for this, so even though you have access to longbowmen, crossbowmen, etc. it chooses spearmen as they have the highest iConscript value of anything you can train!

Sometimes I can't seem to load my saved games - it tells me that "the save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed". I had this problem before so I unloaded the mod, got back into BTS and then loaded the saved game but now, that doesn't work - I get the same message and this time BTS crashes. Obviously, nothing has been changed, not to my knowledge, and the saved games that were initially doing this no longer so - now its my second game that's doing it.

Sometimes I can't seem to load my saved games - it tells me that "the save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed". I had this problem before so I unloaded the mod, got back into BTS and then loaded the saved game but now, that doesn't work - I get the same message and this time BTS crashes. Obviously, nothing has been changed, not to my knowledge, and the saved games that were initially doing this no longer so - now its my second game that's doing it.
Have you set the game option that locks assets?
That is not recommended as it prevents you from updating the mod and still continue playing.
Unfortunately the code that changes the music played in the main screen does that by changing assets so you do get the problem even without a mod update.
You can deactivate that part by removing a line in Assets/Config/init.xml:
<load mod="MusicUpdate"/>

<snip>

HOWEVER, you STILL only get spearmen. This is because someone (not my bag!) still needs to go through fixing the Unit XML for LOTS AND LOTS of units. The code chooses the best units to conscript based PURELY on their <iConscription> value. Nearly every unit has 0 for this, so even though you have access to longbowmen, crossbowmen, etc. it chooses spearmen as they have the highest iConscript value of anything you can train!

Should the value be changed by Era type Units? For Ex. all Pre units get 1, all Ancient get 2, etc.?

Or should they be subdivided by some other means. Base unit value 1 (ie. Warrior) next upgrade level value 2 (axe or spear), etc.

If someone will give a guideline as to what value to assign I'll go thru the CIV4UnitInfos and make the <iConscription> changes.

Edit: seems this has been mostly done.

JosEPh

Should the value be changed by Era type Units? For Ex. all Pre units get 1, all Ancient get 2, etc.?

Or should they be subdivided by some other means. Base unit value 1 (ie. Warrior) next upgrade level value 2 (axe or spear), etc.

If someone will give a guideline as to what value to assign I'll go thru the CIV4UnitInfos and make the <iConscription> changes.

JosEPh

Just out increasing values on a smattering of units through the ages and it should be fine. So long as better units get bigger values it'll work out. Just need to be on a few units so that it's mo progressive is all.

I've been going thru the most recent SVN version and it seems someone has already been upping the <iConscription> values .

Edit: Up to but not including Argubustier (sp) and grenadier, or above these units.
Will they need values too?
Edit2: Seems the Horse, Elephant, and Archer units beyond base archer All have a 0 value too. I could swear there are 2 Base Archer Units listed, duplicates maybe?
A Question: if a Tag has <xxxxx/> and nothing else why does it need to be there? Is it just a placeholder for later? Seems to be dead weight to the Mod to me. But that's why I'm asking.
JosEPh

The game really hates it if I click on the mini map to jump around. Im industrial era now on large map and its almost guaranteed to make the game crash.
Even scrolling around sometimes causes it to crash. Its usually not too bad but if for example I just dumped heaps of espionage into someone and can now see his cities, so i scroll around - I have to be very careful.. like not to scroll to fast etc.

Does this have anything to do with the fov or something?
I paging non visible units off and the other one.

The game really hates it if I click on the mini map to jump around. Im industrial era now on large map and its almost guaranteed to make the game crash.
Even scrolling around sometimes causes it to crash. Its usually not too bad but if for example I just dumped heaps of espionage into someone and can now see his cities, so i scroll around - I have to be very careful.. like not to scroll to fast etc.

Does this have anything to do with the fov or something?
I paging non visible units off and the other one.
Are you on the newest SVN (one from late today)?
Then try Alt-Shift-R and see if you still crash.

nah i haven't dl'd the svn yet. just using v20
not sure its worth trying to keep up with svn - prefer you guys to just iron out kinks for official versions i think, save me time in the long run maybe.

whats alt-shift-r do anyway?

I thought a good way around this might be to go to the like top 5 city list and where the list of cities is on the right - where wonders have been built. I think clicking on the cities in that list takes your screen to them and this is a more stable way of traveling round compared to scrolling across half the globe. Clicking the mini-map would obviously be best but idk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom