EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Ah, so we are still shaping the world at the moment then?

I will get orders in when I am not busy, if that is the case.

I don't think so, he's just moved them there from the front page, presumably to make room for the rules of the NES proper.

Optical has it right. You can shape the world his NES, though.

Indeed you do then.

After seeing the spoiler on the Krutargg I got a sudden urge to write a story, which is odd for me so I decided not to let it go to waste:

"Elder they're coming! They're coming!"

A young boy came running into to the village panting nearly to the point of exhaustion. All work in the village stopped as everyone turned towards the boy. People exchanged nervous looks and whispers began to spread. An old man walked up to the boy and handed him some water.

"Who are coming?"

"The stone men."

"Are you sure."

"Yes Elder, I was up on the hill and I spotted a group of them heading this way. They should be here soon."

The Elder let out a defeated sigh as the whispers grew louder and panic filled the air.

"Quiet everyone," he belted as loud as he could, "We have been dreading this day all harvest and it has finally come. There is nothing we can do now but hope for mercy. Bring out what we have and hope the Krutargg see reason."

The air was still full of panic but the villagers did as they were told. Within in a short time the surplus from this years harvest was brought to the center of the village. The pile was meager as this harvest had not been kind to them. Shortly after the surplus was brought out the Krutargg arrived. It was a party of about fifteen and even though they were greatly outnumbered by the villagers no one was prepared to oppose them. The Krutargg looked over the pile and began to talk amongst themselves in their own coarse tongue. After a brief discussion the smallest one stepped forward to address the Elder.

"What is this human? We have kept our bargain, your village was protected this year as we had promised. In return for this we asked for forty Tals of your produce. This is nowhere near that. If you can not keep your bargain we will not be able to keep ours."

"Oh great Krutargg, please accept our apologies the Telkug were not kind to us this and our harvest was small. This is all we can spare; if we gave you more crops we would starve and if we slaughtered more livestock we would not have enough for next year. If either of those happened we could not be able to provided for you next year."

The small Krutargg turned back to the group and began to translate what the Elder had told him. When he was finished and argument broke out among the Krutargg that lasted for several minutes. Eventually the group looked as if they had made a decision and the small Krutargg turned back to the Elder.

"We have agreed with your reasoning. We will not take more of your supplies," for a brief moment the Elder let out a relieved sigh, "However your price will still be paid in full."

The Elder look very puzzled as he saw some of the Krutargg began to gather up the supplies. He then noticed the screams and saw that the other Krutargg had begun to gather up several of the villagers. Everyone looked on in horror at what was happening. Those that tried to stop it were either tossed aside or were gathered up as well.

"There forty Tals of produce."

Those damn peasants never have enough surplus. They fully deserved that, merciary. I love it :0

"What is this?" bellowed the man as the ice melted in front of him. Slowly, the water began to climb and solidify into a solid being. The man looked at the creature and called the soldiers "Guards? What is this?"
The guards ran over. "I don't know sir, I can only tell you that they are forming all over the village. Maybe it's that mysterious man who came here just last night?"

"Seize him! I want him in chains in a few minutes!" the man bellowed at the guards. The guards ran to do his bidding and suddenly he felt something grab his wrist with an iron-hard grip. He looked at the thing and it resembled a human. He looked closer. The thing was him. The last thing he ever did was scream before a fist of ice was jammed down his throat.

I present Nutranurse's progress.

Spoiler :

Is this still alive? I'm still very interested in this.

It will be alive. Once the map is done and the holidays are over. I will be downgrading to much simpler stats, but they will still be private and the world will stay the same. I am glad there is still interest.

Wait till y'all get a preview of all the symbols I'm using for the batpoop crazy features/wonders you guys made.

The front page is updated with what I have so far of the "front page" sans actual rules I guess, but not the whole old map. I guess I could dig up a link for that. Later.

Anyway, I think I will start a new thread when the time comes, but since I already have a pre-thread here...

Serious thought. I originally liked the ""everyone has standardized units, but different "races" have different "makeup", EG 1 Krutargg Infantry = badass stone golem everyone-rapists, 1 Issith Infantry = axe-wielding lizardmen who can't cross rivers without a bridge, etc""..

And I still do. What does everyone think? Should these be faction specific which would change based on what "racial" resources you control? 2 towns worth of Sephirod peasants should be enough to let you build x Sephirod Infantry at any one point? But would those peasants automatically have the disposition and know-how to become a coherent "Sephirod Infantry" unit? The specific training, the drills, the equipment?

Should they be race specific and all factions of that race get standardized units, But can have connections with other factions to hire mercenaries of a different type of unit? (EG a Gurk hiring a Krutargg mercenary unit would be a real game-changer)

I'm not at all sure which would be more realistic or easier to mod.

Discuss please. This is the game mechanics construction phase of the pre-NES, yay! Phase 3? Yes, by jove, we've reached it. Or maybe it's 4. I don't know.

I find that a "combination" would be easiest.

Specifically, every faction gets all the "Race Specific" units mostly available naturally.

They also get specific units from other races available as their control over that race increases. Control a Sephirod village? You get some militia/conscript Infantry- this comes from culture, tradition and local militias. Control a Sephirod City? You get their elite/trained infantry available.

Then again, just enforcing Race Specific with other things given on a case to case basis works as well, although my idea is basically standardizing the case-to-case basis into a coherent rule that the moderator will list available extra-racial units to be trained. The Issith Queens might train slave units, for example.

Cool. Don't make it too complicated. Everyone uses the same basic "stats" and race differences are shown with roleplaying and maybe minor stuff.

So Issith Queen-Mother=Issith Drone Thug (independent Male)=Swiech Warlord=Human Chief as leaders.

Eltain on Zanomar Minigame said:
What Terrance said, Arrow. I just posted in said thread if you're interested in checking it out. It's not really a good read if you go page by page, though. I can answer any questions you may have if it'll help.

For the minigame:

Layers:
From top to bottom:
1: surface. includes river and any proper human settlements.
2: subterr. cannot dig directly below river.
3. subterr. SHIPWRECK FALLS MOFO
4: subter. SHIPWRECK FALLS MOFO
5: subter. SHIPWRECK FALLS MOFO
6: subter. SEA LEVEL. (ships can dock in caverns adjacent to ocean on this level. Ocean surges will fudge you up.) SHIPWRECK FALLS MOFO
7: subter. Also contains millions of gallons of water.
8: subter. cannot dig habitable caverns directly below the ocean.

All caverns adjacent to "cliff face" can theoretically be open to the elements if they are dug as such.

Player-known timeline during the game:
Swiech colonies. Swiech in-fighting.
Human immigrants become possible.
Issith immigrants become possible.
Krutargg raiders and possibly immigrants become possible.

.....WHO KNOWS?

FYI we can and will do this for any settlement requested (one at a time and by popular vote if applicable, sorry) and it -will- be canonical maps for the settlements at the start of the game.

Good point. Since stats are private and will consist of a bit more than just stats, this is a conveinient place for a turn-by-turn analysis of what can be trained. Unless a new settlement is captured or some other extenuating criteria are met no real changes will be made so it will not be too mod-heavy, I think.

Controlling a certain caliber of foreign city should garner you leadership enough to train specific units, good point. But that sort of implies that the game would consist of multiple types of units, no? Militia vs regular infantry. Hmm. Maybe for simplicity Militia are just watered-down, sucky, cheap versions of the real deal. I want to keep that sort of specified X types of A units and X types of B, C, D, E, and F units to a baaare minimum.

If you recall everyone has "infantry", "siege" and "ship" units, which they can add power/tactic multipliers such as metal and horse icons to.

Edit time. Also hijacking and possibly changing your idea. I like your idea of having race specific "hero" or "leader" units, such as the Den Mothers, Human Monarchs (broad generalization as yet), Swiech Dreamers, Lycalidk Chiefs, Krutargg Brutes, or something along those lines. One per faction at a time? Or maybe based on the population if not total wealth.

Militia would be a resource that is (X type units are 50% quality.) So if I am Issith and I can raise Gurkish Militia from my slaves, they will be Gurkish units, all right, but the militia "resource" will go down in my stats and they will be of militia quality.

I'd assume that once you get the real deal, no one will ever want to raise militia versions since they cost the same, for half the benefit.

As for leader/hero units, up to you. This might give boosts to the Triple Issith Queen city (huh, where was that again. damn.) because of their intrinsic extra leadership. Or that icky city where the leader controls a pair of Issith queens as "concubine" slaves.

Perhaps have only "active" leaders get "stats". Thinking more as in ImmacuNESIIb the Pheonix Throne Action Capable Characters. Their only stats are their "personality traits" such as "Lazy, focused, stubborn, likes drinking" ect which affects the success rate of actions. In ImmacuNES, of course, the # of new actions are limited by # of ACCs, while you can maintain actions they started with other characters or behind the scenes.

So for example, Vox Populi Magnalorme would be "Public Speaker, Organizer, Good Manager, Ambitious, Sleep Deprived".

Danas-te-Rah and Djui-na-Hamdan respectively. Not positive on the second, but it was at least in Shakar. Probably. I'll think on those examples and in general.

That is a good idea. Militia modifier as a resource. [just a footnote to myself, because of the way I am organizing it, the resource would be called "gurkish militia X 15" instead of simply "militia X 15"]

Taken from the annals of the history books:

Zanomar mythos said:
The city of Zanomar has developped one of the perhaps most delicate, but also most interesting political structures; it was once an Issith town, carved deep in the rocks of an island at the mouth of the Toravopes river, until Swiech settlers discovered the site and deemed it verily worthy of settlement. They tunneled their cramped warrens above, below and all around the Issith village until it was lost in the sprawl. Two rickety stone bridges constructed by human entrepreneurs cross the River above, while countless tunnels far below the [river's] water line serve as exits for the great city. Far below, where the waterfall thunders down into the Zanomar Bay, rudimentary Docks have been carved into the stone for ships to dock at the huge subterranean city, with stairs carved into the walls leading to the surface if you prefer that to the dark, dank, dangerous tunnels of the city of Zanomar.

Of course this is from oral history, so it's not exactly what will happen in the minigame, which will be canon. Also the 'mythos' there spans a long time.

TERRANCE OH GOD WHY NO NOW TERRANES WILL BECOME A ZOMBIE AS WELL

All is well, citizen. Go about your business.

Top Bottom