EltNES: THIS World is Yours

21 points

20 points: wonder (I think I can put one down?)
Spoiler :

Pontem Kykkor

Kykkor Bridge, or Pontem Kykkor to the scholars, is located in the Kykkorin island chain. The triumph of Kykkorin growth after their tribal war with their now satellite state sister town Koena, the Bridge is far from the familiar structure of cities on rivers elsewhere. The Bridge - actually several bridges - links the island archipelago together, and in times of trouble can be demolished in an instant.

Why? Because the Pontem is made of boats.

Wooden vessels, ranging in size from double-hulled canoes to galleys and everything in between, continuously link the shores of every island in the archipelago to the continent in the north and to each other. The system allows cargoes or weights to be placed in each boat, so it will float higher or lower in the water, allowing people to pass, goods to be moved, defenses to be made... and through all this the ships can still move at will. The entire archipelago is a floating marina that can quickly become a trade hub, a defensive wall or a foot bridge.

1 point: bank

Optical: Uhh, wow, quite the wonder. Yes, I count 20 cities +1 city-sized insect hive. You can place that. This'll be an interesting area. I will also note that these islands are arctic wastelands, ish. Literally farther south than the Men of the Ice are north.

What is with people and populating frozen wastelands with huge civilizations?

Popping in to just say I'll be working allll the way through till friday. Nonstop. Won't get to participate/send necessary orders until Sunday.

That's okay cause that's when orders are due. And I might push that to monday to boot.

Terrance, you already have orders written, yes? And 11 banked. To what are you referring?

Order revisions locked. And in fact this is also the order cutoff.

Eyyyyyy. This is not dead - I am just uber busy at the moment. Apologies.

Anouncement: I have decided, due to recent real-life crises and general uber-business, that I will just launch right into the game-game in mid-May. If anyone is still watching this thread/intending to play, that is. People can write and post here, but I will not be accepting any further 'ooh change this' posts, instead only culture and the like.

It is also worth mentioning that I have dropped all other NESes until the same date. I am not just slacking off on you guys.

Joining up and looking at the thread in preparations for mid May :).

Little known fact: Issith have a strange fascination with the consumption of honey.

Also a portion of the front page (not the rules mind you) has been posted here. Still accepting portraits of peoples. Examples in link.

Yes, because the falls used to fall directly into the bay(feel free to name it.). Why? Are you writing story?

How have I not noticed this until now :eek:

We have had our Romulan cloaking device on until now. U warra play sexy white man?

Well, one or the other. or both.. Or it could possibly be that I am not a popular mod so people just skip over my threads without realizing it.

THIS world is yours

This thread will function as both pre-thread and game thread.

It is the intention of this pre-NES to create a semi-realistic (geographically) map and world in which an NES can function.

Please post your orders in thread. please respect other players by not using ooc knowledge of their orders.

Spoiler ----Map Creation Phase---- :

Spoiler img :

We will be playing the pre-NES phase with "Creation Points". Each player starts with 10 points. Every turn, a player is given 3+1d4 more points. Every 5 turns, a player is given 1d20 more points. There are 10 turns in this phase, or more or less depending on how crowded the map is.

Each turn the mod will award 1 point each to 2 players that he liked the selections of the most. The mod will never be chosen.

Cause I really wanna participate :))) the mod starts with 12 points and gains 4 every turn. Every 5 turns, they gain 10 more.

Note: All payments must be in full.

A general rule of thumb, the more points you spend on a particular item at once, the more you get for your money. Keep that in mind.

Climate - 1 point - determine an area's climate.
River - 2 points
Water - 4 points
Hills - 3 points
Mountains - 5 points
Volcano - 20 points

Grain - 2 points
Fish - 2 points
Metal - 5 points
Pitch - 5 points
Horse - 5 points
Moa - 5 points
Elephant - 10 points

Know of more vagueish Strategic Resources you want to see? Name them!

-It is important that the information regarding these last few items is known. For each grain/what have you icon (pixel?) owned by a player on the map, 1 military unit may be assigned that item (if military), and will thus become a unit associated with that item. Tada, a gamey, simple mechanic that I like. (Example: Nile has, say, 12 grain while Persia has 8 horses, etc)

Unique or not listed above - name your item, I'll name the price, and put it in the rules.

Spoiler ----Civilization Creation Phase---- :

Each player starts with 15 points. Every turn, a player is given 2+2d4 more points. Every 5 turns, a player is given 2d10 more points. There are 10-15 turns in this phase.

Each turn the mod will award 4 point each to 2 players that he liked the selections of the most. The mod will never be chosen.

Each turn the mod will detract 1 point each from 2 players that he disliked the selections of the most. The mod will never be chosen.

The mod starts with 10 points and gains 4 every turn. Every 5 turns, they gain 20 more.

----Please do not just focus on yourself in this phase. Please contribute to the world as a whole. Add towns cities and even wonders to places where you think they would develop, not just to your particular civiization. Mold the world to the way you think it should be, not the way that will most benefit you. This is a collaborative world-building game.

Note: All payments must be in full, and you may not end your turn with a fraction. Additionally, if you do not name your settlements, they do not get placed.

1.5 point - add Town
5 points - Grow Town into City
7 points - Grow City into Large City/Capital
4 points - add Fortress/Artifact/Other note listed. Please describe.
2 points - add Religion Spread
4 points - add Religion Offshoot (must be similar to original)
7 points - add Unique Religion (no real-world stuff please)
5 points - add Barbarian Tribes
10 points - add Barbaric Races [species. sentient. go nuts.]
20 points - Wonder of the World. (There have to be at least 5 cities/wonder on map. If there is a tie in this race (assuming there are few "cities"), the person who submitted their orders first in an UNEDITED post, wins, and the loser is refunded their investment. Please describe appearance, reason for existance, effects on gameplay.

1 point - Raid (transfers 0-2 points from the target to the raider. The earned points (if 2) must be spent on the faction which conducted the raid. If you have Rome raid Parthia, Rome gets the spoils.) Max 2 per turn.
1 point - Raze town (they regrow)
3 points - Sack city
4 points - Capture Settlement.
4 points - Invasion (prerequisite of all military actions sans raid. must be purchased each turn that the war continues. the defender may purchase 1 military action without paying for 'Invasion', however if more than one is purchased it requires 'Invasion' to be purchased.)
5 points - Subdue Barbarians. (They will be put in their place .. temporarily.)
6 points - Sack Large City/Capital
4 points - Barbarian Tribes Migration
4.5 points - Barbaric Race Migration
8 points - Migration. (towns move) (does not apply to cities or large cities/capitals.)
15 points - Crusade - all but destroys chosen religion. +1 for each "spread" of the religion.
30 points - Sack wonder.
40 points - Genocide - all but destroys chosen civilization. Mod's discretion.

Map creation phase changes can be made, but they cost 3.5 [three and a half times as much] as much in this phase as they did in the map creation phase. Map creation phase changes are locked at this time.

Spoiler Order Examples :

Turn 1: 10+4

4 points: really long river from A4-B6. It flows north-south. See later.
5 points: put some horses near the river.
5 points: place a mountain range (that the river is flowing from) in A3.

Turn 1: 15+5

3 points: Add 2 towns along the long river there, on the north side
5 points: Add a city on the southern side of the river between the two towns.
7 points: Add religion: Edrobi Polytheism. The gyst of the religion is that there are about 17 minor House gods and 3 major gods which are worshipped in temples, and that all prayers to all other religions eventually wind their way back to the 3, so religious intolerance isn't a big issue.
5 points: Add barbarian tribes, of the peacable and farming kind, far east of me by those mountains. They are called the Githanki (plural Githankic or Githankian, I can't decide) and fight in rather large warbands. They control the metal resource there, and I want to trade with them when the game starts. (Barring other player intervention, of course.)

Posting the rules here for posterity.

Top Bottom