EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Tentative rules for future city-building minigames:

Minigame 1: Zanomar's origins

Spoiler Map turn 0 :

Spoiler PHASE 1 :
Rules:

1.1: I have pre-planned natural caverns and events. You will be given no warning and no knowledge of them until they are discovered or happen.

1.2: Each player will receive 2 + 1d6 EP every turn. The mod receives 4 EP per turn.

1.3: During a turn, a player may only build either Issith -or- Swiech constructions, but may change the next turn. The mod is exempt from this rule.

1.4: At a TBD turn, we will transition to phase 2 of the minigame.

Turn 1 specific rules:

2.1 player will be chosen by popular vote to plan the original Issith settlement. You cannot vote for yourself, and the mod will not vote except as a tie breaker.

2.1.1-The chosen player will be given 25 EP and can only spend it on Issith items.

2.1.2-The settlement must be on the second level, and have at least one staircase.

2.2: At the end of turn 1, EP will be given to players via RNG.

Turn 2 specific rules:

3.1: Swiech constructions become available.

3.2: To simulate mass immigration, I request that you build Swiech constructions.
Spoiler PHASE 2 :
Rules:

1: Players will declare themselves as either Human (pick any applicable you like), Issith, Swiech or Krutargg factions. They will be given appropriate starting funds and units, TBD by me, privately. No going back, period.

2: They will provide faction names and "basic gyst" stories. "This group of people want this monarch or this to happen".

3: Each player will have "population" units from which they derive income, and "soldier" units which will defend the population. Wacky hijynx ensue as the players fight for supremacy. Form alliances, draw income from portages both above and below the falls, control the "farming zones", industry, population, exact vengeance, have fun.

PRICES GUYS

Spoiler PHASE 1 :
Constructions:

Issith:
Issith Temple Room: 4 EP
Issith Large Den Room: 5 EP
Issith Barracks: 5
Issith Den Complex: 3 EP
Issith Food Storage: 0.3 EP
Issith Connecting Tunnel: 0.5 EP
Issith Other

Swiech:
Wengi Grand Temple Room: 10 EP
Swiech Large Den Room: 5 EP
Swiech Guard Room: 2
Swiech Den Complex: 3 EP
Swiech Food Storage: 0.2 EP
Swiech Connecting Tunnel: 0.5 EP
Swiech Other

Staircase: 1 point. (connects 2 levels. requires pre-existing construction on both.)
Spoiler PHASE 2 :
Phase 1 constructions are still possible in phase 2, but cost three times as much as normal.

Units:

Swiech soldiers: o.5 EP
Issith soldiers: 1 EP
"Human" soldiers: 1 EP
Krutargg soldiers: 3 EP

Thoughts? Please share. Also, minigame 1 begins now. Read phase 1 rules and cast a vote. I will publicize this in the new NES and WWW threads.

Edit: For future reference this ruleset is also posted on the front page.

I will let this gather interest (hopefully) and contact the winner of the popular vote on Friday or Saturday.

Looks good. I'm already considering which faction to do - maybe something human.

I'd vote Abaddon/Boundless or Issith, but since he's not here, I guess I'll go with... Merciary, Gem_hound, Nutranurse, TerrisH. Bah, noone except Boundless and I mucked around with decent numbers of Issith.
Nutranurse, you lucky bastard, you won RNG. :p.

I vote Terrance to start us out as the Issith are kinda his baby.

Terrance probably knows the most about the Issith.

4 potential voters have yet to check in (LOE, TerrisH, Gem Hound, nutranurse) but the electoral college predicts a Terrence victory.

SQUEE!

Also, I want to know the cost of a sunning stone, which is like a rock where the Lizards sun on, except, gawd, they are civilized! Sun on a polished rock or go home!

EDIT: Private "Sunning Salons" powered by coal are a luxury the proles can't afford and only the wealthiest den mothers can indulge in. Bloody pulp coverings for the face recommended to prevent drying.

Giant tanning bed: 2 EP, has to be above ground. It will be edited into the rules on the front page.

Romantic. Got it.

I am raked over coals for my Den Mother, oo-lala.

25EP
2EP-Large Tanning Bed
5EP-Barracks
4EP-Temple
5EP-Large Den Room
3EP-Den Complexes
2EP-Staircases*2
2EP-Connecting*4
1.5EP-Food Storage*5
0.5 Left (random Tunnel crossing the river?)

The legendary Issith Den Mother Zapha was forced out of Danas-te-Rah after she gained the traditional ten son-brood grew up. Forced down river, she decided not to fight one of the Lizardmen families west of Veskopes for land and room for her colony. Instead, she decided to expand beyond the humans of Toravorpes. After a highly publicized incident where she violated the No-Female rule at Nolkis-na-Taren, she nearly became the first victim of Ship-Wreak Falls, so captivated she was by the beauty of Zanomar Bay.

Safely on land, she founded the Issith village of Zapha-nav (naming it after herself). The common name of this village is lost to history.

Her brood quickly grew by the river, rising from ten to dozens, then to over a hundred. Zapha ruled like a typical Den Mother, ruthless, cunning, and strangely attractive.

When you enter Zapha-nav from the north side, you enter the center of the town, a Large Den Room. Large Den Rooms are great, slighty squashed and irregular sac-like caves, whose walls are covered with many “bunks”, where males slept in groups. The center is raised slighty, so the meager light falling through the entrance can shine on the Den Mother or her Guards Male if any of them wished to directly communicate with speeches or commands.

All along the walls of the Large Den Room are three storage pits, cut off from sight with clever bends and made both easily accessible for usage and restocking, as well as easily hidden if raised.

To the south east and west two connecting tunnels emerged. To the south west, a Den Complex forms. A Den Complex is much smaller and more compact than a Large Den Room., consisting of narrow, scattered halls lined with bunks forming a hand-shaped floorplan. Although it fits nearly as many as the Large Den Room, it is much more uncomfortable and diseases can easily proliferate. New and elder broods, their caretakers, wounded and sick tend to dwell in the Den Room along with favored workers while the rest made do with the Den Complex.. The Den Complex also held a food supply at the center of the room, to the southeast and opposite of the exit to the Den Room to the northwest. Another tunnel led westward.

Both tunnels lead to the Barracks. The center of the barracks is a large training hall where active Issith warriors sparred, drilled, practiced and planned. To the sides are Den Complex-like halls, except much shorter and more comfortable. At any given time, a third of the Issith Warriors are resting, a quarter preparing to rest or to leave, and a the rest on patrol or raid.

Behind the barracks is the Temple of the Den Mother, the scions of Zapha. There is a serpentine hall growing out of the tunnel, leading to the altars of the strange beings the Issith venerate and the throne of the Den Mother herself. There is also a private room behind the Temple, where a private food-storage held the best morsels of scavenged, raided, hunted, or gathered food. It also is where the Den Mother enacts procreation rituals with blessed (both ritually and physically) males, usually from nearby villages as mutually exchanged tribute, but sometimes among her own brood from desperation.

Leading up from this private room is a private tanning stone, polished to a high shine and hidden in a pit on the island at the center of the Toravorpes river. There, she, her chosen males, and her priests tan and admire the great mists rising off of Ship-Wreak falls. The rare times they manage to import coal from Danas-te-rah, the Queens sometimes invites all the appropriate males at the same time for an orgy. Usually, however, it is a much more intimate affair.

The other Issith, other than those blessed of course, barely know anything about this private luxury other than from rumors. They must rely on the river-bank stones outside of the main entrance during their breaks for their daily dose of solar energy.

And so life of Zapha-nev continued onward, the dens growing slighty larger each year, and more and more Princesses born each and every generation to be expulsed... until just before the reign of Den Mother Kalizahj, when a Sweich band under (Named by Player with most EP) set their greedy eyes on the great waterfall.

OOC: I'm guessing Eltain wants to draw this so I just wrote a semi-historical description.

The individual rooms can be marked Zpn-whatever. The Zpn district. :3

Anyway, the next turn will/should/might happen during a den-conflict between Kalizahj and another princess who refuses to leave after the old Den Mother, and so while they are busy fighting the Sweich ready their claws and dug in...

EDIT: The actual directions are unimportant and added merely to give a sense of... direction. The only sure thing is that the tanning bed is at the island at the center of the river, and the temple is directly under it.

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 1.

Underdark

Although her name has been largely lost to history (who would have guessed), the Den Mother that founded the town of Zapha-nav must've been a powerful one. The Temple structure near the edge of town has been cited as one of the nicer, and it housed a granite statue in her likeness, likely carved by captured human masons from the overtown.

The town of Zapha-nav spreads from a central entryway outward into sleeping quarters in the one direction and barracks in the other, beyond the latter the temple and throne room were slowly carved. One thing only possible on turn 1, a tunnel leads through water-soaked rock directly beneath the river, yet somehow it has been leak-proof.

Overworld

Zanomar Manor, a human estate which supposedly owes loyalty to the lords in Veskopes and aptly named for its impressive view of Zanomar Bay, has given rise to a small town; a ferryshop has set up, and allows crossing of the river. A small market has developped north of the river.

Issith sightings have been reported to the lord of Zanomar Manor, and great mounds of earth where they make their homes have been spotted north of the newborn town.

Map:
Link.

Legend:

level-zone
-subsequent rooms, descriptions

2A: Zapha-nav
-1: Issith Large Den Room, starcase heading up; main entry way for town of Zapha-nav
-2: Issith Barracks
-3: Issith Temple Room; hidden food chambers, hidden entry-way to Den Mother's quarters on the Under Isle.
-4: Issith Throne Room; secret caches of food, staircase leading up. Seat of power for Issith Den Mother.

Optical: 5
Terrance: 5
merciary: 5
Gem_Hound: 4

Eltain Tha Mod: 4

OOC: Here's to a productive minigame, folks. One again I request you all attempt Swiech construtions to simulate mass-migration this turn. It is entirely up to you, though. And feel free to RP, interact with the humans and the Zaphans, etc. Also do not be afraid to connect to Terrance's construction and make the Zapha distrct bigger.

I'd prefer descriptions to maps, see Terrance's post. He sets an example I like, but do not feel pressured.

4 points:

S6: western end of the 'enclosed bay', which is surrounded by pillars on the northeast corner. 4 EP: 2 Swiech Guard Rooms have been dug into the cliff at about sea-level, connected by a short tunnel. Originally a nice, semi-sheltered spot to begin construction of a warren at the sight of the mighty Shipwreck Falls.

5 Points
-3 for Den Complex
-1 for Stairs
-1 for 4 Sweich Food storages, 1 Issith Food Storage
0.8EP for 4 Sweich Food Storages
0.2 DONATE TO ELTAIN

S4:
Rising above the guard rooms is a rudimentary Den Complex, which the Sweich usually prefer over Large Den Rooms. It has 2 food storage rooms, while one each connects to the guard rooms. The Sweich Chieftain still maintains control over this young colony, but already he understood that the Sweich may become divisive, and so seeded the areas with these preserved foods.

Back at Zaphanav, a new food storage is dug for for the Military base, to commemorate a successful attack on the Zanomar North Market and to store all the extra Human Jerky they have acquired. This (the following feast) prompts the aging Den Mother to give birth to twin princesses, and to die before she can declare an heir.

Terrance: Rule 1.3: During a turn, a player may only build either Issith -or- Swiech constructions, but may change the next turn. The mod is exempt from this rule.

Also, did you mean S5, which is directly above S6?

Not really. :(

Top Bottom