EltNES: THIS World is Yours

8 for 1 Invasion, 1 Capture Settlement
The Parinese War of Imperialism; fed by their supplies of grain, they decided that they will now control their OWN destiny. Summoning massive roman-style volunteer armies, they strike south, east, and west. Capturing Swi'Woh, they enslave the locals. The Swi'Woh's free military action is to help the Parinese capture Ranir; thus forms the Parinese Empire.

The Parinese are stout and doughy farmers, and for eons they are under the toes of Ranir merchants. It First the Tempest, then the Raid shown their their own might. Taking initiative, they reorganized their society and their city. They are ready to achieve their manifest destiny.

11 Banked... for now
-My future points will see such actions: Danaropes Colonies, War on Toravorpes, and such.
-I will also write short essays on the changing political situations on the cities.

Well I can get into a mess of trouble with that many points, I feel sorry for all the humans near the Orges now.:mwaha:

19 Points
2 Points -> Raid countryside around Mayal -> Avoid the city.
15 Points -> 3 Forts along the river in E7 between Mayal and Iris effectively cutting off river trade. All three controlled by the Kenefah. In this order from left to right: Fort Teneka, Fort Horka, and Fort Larnde.
2 Points -> bank

Poll: What do people think of the map being Bee-ah-oo-tee-full like nutranurse's Fine NES maps? It'd be the same as this, except it'd have pretty mountains, forests, rivers, settlements, et cetera. Are people attached to this, would they want an improvement, or do they even care?

Do it.

Orders later.

Poll: What do people think of the map being Bee-ah-oo-tee-full like nutranurse's Fine NES maps? It'd be the same as this, except it'd have pretty mountains, forests, rivers, settlements, et cetera. Are people attached to this, would they want an improvement, or do they even care?
Do whatever you desire with the map.

Terrance: Looks good.

TerrisH: If it is well-detailed, 6-7. If it is not (based on my thoughts of it), 10.

merciary: You gonna take that from puny humans, planned capture of Swi'woh?! NO!

Gem Hound: Looks good.

Thank you pole-voters.

2/7 orders.

ummm.... what happens with contradicting orders? As I had very different idea for what will happen with Swi'woh.

Both things happen, I just warp it and write it how I want. DICTATORSHIP!

First, though, I mention it to both players, and see how they'd compromise, or shift the story.

But then DICTATORSHIP.

25 points:
4 points Invasion (Swi'woh)
8 points Capture both Ranir and Ardusial, The Krutarg should install themselves as the ruling class over these villages.
Free Action (I think): Sack Parin, really just met their armies in battle.
4 points Invasion (Shur'Tearg)
3 points Sack Parin: Taking advantage of their troops being away to take some spoils
Bank 2 points.

Oiiii vey hot tamales. This is gonna be a long week. Therefore the deadline is being postponed to Sunday, with an update either Tuesday or wednesday. Long, tiring week. :(

Looking at this NES, it is very difficult to get into, I must read more... and more... and more.

Then I will jump in whenever possible.

Yo.

Introducing our new minigame, blatantly stolen from TerraNES: The Civil Experiment. This week's contest: Simply write a decent-high resolution depiction of the calendar/date keeping system of your particular people that you have placed, or helped place. Answer questions such as: How many days in a year? How is a year divided into smaller parts? How does this calendar take into account the changing seasons and/or farming and harvests?

Thank you for the feedback pollsters.

merciary: You only spent 21 points, unless I suck at counting? Go ahead and post new orders (I don't like edited order posts) and I'll VM you and Terrance about a resolution. Edit: Or don't and I'll just bank the excess.

Terrance: Wat?

Tycho: 23 points: Tycho. Difficult how? We don't have any in-depth lore to memorize, just a bunch of races people thought would be cool. You don't really have to know every detail of the world. If you joined I'm sure you'd get into it.

22 points:

[4] 4 - Invasion (Mayal)
[9] 5 - Subdue Barbarians (Mayal>Kenefah) - The Obayonids of Mayal grow tired of constant barbarian aggression from all sides, and are finally doing something about it.
[15] 6 - 4 towns:

1: Obayonid town north of Mayal known as Obayod

2: Obayonid town northwest of Iris on the north side of the Teiden known as

3: Obayonid town across the Teiden from Hanar, known as Sesil

4: Obayonid town on the east side of the Teiden river in Arhkass territory known as Arkadioss

[17] - 2 - Spread Teinism to the Arhkass in the north.

[19] - 2 - Spread Teinism to the Eddarians in the south.

[22] - 3 - Add 2 towns:

1: Swiech- Bahari-Bedui town north of Ardhi-Trensor on the west side of the Widewater, known as Ardhi-Bahariji

2: Issith town south of Djui-Na-Hamdan on the Djur River, in the black between H5 and I5, known as Dan-na-al-Kul

Yep your right; new orders:

25 points:
4 points Invasion (Swi'woh)
8 points Capture both Ranir and Ardusial, The Krutarg should install themselves as the ruling class over these villages.
Free Action (I think): Sack Parin, really just met their armies in battle.
4 points Invasion (Shur'Tearg)
3 points Sack Parin: Taking advantage of their troops being away to take some spoils
5 points Grow Kur'Kush into a city (or the Ogre equivalent) due all the food from Ari

Sort of wish I had reserved more posts on the first page now. I might need to make a whole new thread.

I've decided to make a mini-encyclopedia on the front page. I will have short entries on the different races, religions, and possibly even region-by-region description of flora, fauna, cultures, et cetera. One thing I will avoid is writing about the nations in this encyclopedia, because those will undoubtedly change quite often.

Example:

Spoiler Lycalidk :

Very man-like in that they stand upright on their hind legs, and have opposable digits, however with the face and body of a great hyena or wolf.

Moa mounted herders of sheep and goats, they have in the eons past lost most of their feral instinct, and innate speed. Their superhuman strength has remained, however. They usually live in small tribes along the W'tawni river, and never organize large cities of their own. The more peaceful of these born warriors has been spotted in the markets of human cities, trading luxuries, though.

Continuing with that, I need:

Pictures of Montholin,

Pictures of Krutarg,

Pictures of Issith, (I have 2 already)

Pictures of Swiech,

Pictures of Cthurcaror,

Pictures of Symphok,

Pictures of all the human peoples

Any pictures will do, but I reserve the right to use a different one, obviously. Paintings preferred.

Everybody feel free to provide pictures for any of the above. Once again, I aim for collaboration, not 'no I think I will only do my one area, thanks.'

----

Eltain's Todo:

Lycalidk calendar

Obayonid calendar (Quite possibly similar to the Irilenic, based on Tei(n)'s travels

Mahaki calendar

Finish all the written descriptions of different culture's armies. Issith and Gurks examples of what are finished.

Top Bottom