EltNES: THIS World is Yours

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 10.

Underdark

Zapha Nav

Den Mother Skarlas rises to power in the main entrance to Zapha-nav, claiming the Motherhood over the entire city. As yet it is unclear whether she is a new arrival or a usurping child of the old Den Mother Izsh, who maintains her seat of power from the Throne Room, but one thing is clear: She intends to stay.

Den Mother Asrass, a reigning supervisor for the occupation of Ratville, has declared her intent to retain her newfound power and freedom over the town of Ratville, no matter what.

Meanwhile, in the lower portions of the city, Greatclaw Daaliss has begun a great rebellion against the autocratic Den Mothers of old, claiming a new age for Issith has begun; one unencumbered by the clumsy politics of the Den Mothers. His legion has taken hold of one of the lower Dens, trapping Den Mother Kaarliss in the temple beyond.

Dhah-Mbel'ya

In the Swiech city far below Zapha-nav, below the Shipwreck Falls and at the base of the cliffs, Baharo Bhakni Karu has established a small following in the dockyards beneath nTaja na doto Mbel'ya nKari, the great Swiech shaped collosus which drew him to the city many years ago.

Below Bhari and below even the waves of the Tempest Sea and Zanomar Bay, The Forgotten stir from their dark prison, and several conflicts with the Bhari have already taken place.

-1 Infantry, The Forgotten.

Overworld

Zanomar

The "Lord" of Zanomar has retained control of "his" manor home, however the city itself has been lost. To deserters, to dissidents, to starving bands of street thugs, and to fate.

One particularly large faction has emerged, claiming to do all that they do in the name of Tei. A group calling themselves the Teinuc Order (or Order of the Men of Tei), led by a Gurkish immigrant known only as Toma, has taken control of one of the largest remaining districts, the poor quarter.

Across the Toravopes, the Nebala Shipping and Trading Company (or Nebala for short) has managed to retain its assets in the city, and Dockmaster Ari Arisson has hired himself a small army to defend it.

Beyond the walls

Meanwhile, outside the protective walls of Zanomar, several Mercenary companies have made their presence known; The Frozen Hands, apparently named for their harsh trials in the far north, have encountered and clashed heavily with the Morin's Chargers, a local Irilenic band of men lead by the great lumbering Montholin, Morin.

-1 Infantry, Morin's Chargers
-1 Infantry, The Frozen Hands

The Ko-Tak Clan of Krutargg have descended from the mountains in the north after the rumors of the ruinous city reached them, in hopes of establishing a Krutargg presence there. Contact with the Skarlasiv has been made, however no other factions are aware of their presence.

Map.
Link.

Terrance: Is Greatclaw a name, or a military rank, or a moniker? Greatclaws rule Issith Legionaries, while Claws are standard bearers, is my thinking. Or maybe it's his name. Whatever.

Once again, protect your citizens as you would your vital organs.

To any who will listen. We request your immediate aid in defending our great city from disruption internal and otherwise. The reward for such will eventually be great.

I think it would be sorta both (military rank and moniker). Like the traditional "Imperator". It has traditional duties assigned to it, but it also comes about from great feats of courage and valor. It would be like being called "The Great" also assumes a certain rank in actual society as well as an indicator of personal ability. Granting of the title would be spontaneous.

To any who will listen. We request your immediate aid in defending our great city from disruption internal and otherwise. The reward for such will eventually be great.

To: Lord Yuenfar Zanomar

What do you offer? It is obvious you need fighting soldiers.

As I had said, I am willing to offer great rewards to any who help me secure the city, to be given -after- the city is secured. Gold, lands, possibly even Lordships.

To all good men of faith: Raise up your arms, not for me, not for your King, but for Tei; he who has drawn his great chariot and parcel across the sky for centuries, and will for centuries to come. Let us pray in holy solitude, our silent beseechment, to our firey life-bringer above.

Raise up your arms in the name of Tei, Lord of the Sky and King of the Cosmos.

OOC: Talons: Whenever, and just what you spend your money on, where you protect your citizens, and any actions or whatnot you want done. Please include your faction name at the top of the message, though.

I isss Greatclawsss Daaliss! I, the Issith with sssscared nossstrils, Hero of ratssssville.

To Den Mother Kaarliis

I am Greatclaw Daaliss and I speak for the Males. For far too long your kind have treated us as your slaves, to be used and thrown away like a favorite chewing bone. You have held us with submission with your charms and your enticing scents... No more! I am the Greatclaw of the Legionaries of Suupalifs, and I will end this eternal plague upon our society.

However, I am not an unreasonable demagogue. Look upon me and my body guards; we all wear the scars of Suupalifs, we are all immune to your musky charms. Even as we free ourselves, we know that it is too much to ask that all Males be freed in such a way, or that all Den Mothers be slain for He Who Coils Around the Sun. Issith must grow new generations to replace to old, and the only ones who are able are Den Mothers like you.

My terms are simple. Allow me and my personal guard to be your consort. Half your children are to be raised by Suupalifs and half by your temple. You and your future princesses shall not leave your assigned temples except under guard of those who have taken the Mark of Suupalifs. However, they when they are they can enjoy the deepest dark, the brightest day, the starriest night as equals with the males guarding them.

In exchange, we shall defend you as we have always done. We shall serve you as one of our leaders, but not as slaves- as free Issith willing to build a new, equal society. You and I together shall serve as the beating heart of a new Zapha-Nav, a new Issithdom, a new Empire. Our children shall be great warriors and princesses, and our people, be they male or female, shall become truly one.

However, if you refuse, I have no choice but to utterly destroy you. You shall serve to provide children, but you shall not see any of them, nor the light of day or the dark of night for the rest of time. Your princesses shall be kept in pits and reserved for naught but breeding of new generations. Others might accept our offer, but your rejection shall seal your doom for you and your descendants for all history.

I am Greatclaw Daaliss and I speak for the Males. You have a week (1 turn?) to make your decision. If you wish to change terms, feel free. However, beware both of demanding too much, and asking to little.

Marked of Suupalifs! In file, we return to the Den!

As I had said, I am willing to offer great rewards to any who help me secure the city, to be given -after- the city is secured. Gold, lands, possibly even Lordships.

We are at your service.

To: Greatclaw Daaliss

I do not tssee that I have any choice in the matter. But know thiss, Daaliss, Den Motherss are not playthings with which to toy. We are not to be taken lightly. We have risen to where we have in society because you are our inferiors. And it will not be long before I am murdered by another Den Mother and your supply of infants is cut; your men will die from war and famine and plague and age, and there will be no brood to replace them.

Know this, then: You will fail. Your people will fail, your Suupalifss.

To: Nebala

It is good that you have seen the light, my friend. You and yours will be rewarded greatly after this time of extreme strife. You'll see a gift arrive at your docks before the month is out.

To Den Mother Kaarliis
From Greatclaw Daaliis

Good indeed. We shall send the food and guards right away to tend to your needs and shall send our warriors elsewhere to secure first Zapha-nav and later all Issithdom under my claws. (Sending 1EP and 1 Warrior to Kaarliis. I'm assuming this means they're joining me peacefully. Storywise, this is food and guards. Gamewise, you can use it to build food storage near the Temple and transfer 1 Warrior to them)

As for your treacherous thoughts. You may keep your cries of failure to yourself after I finished with my duty in providing the seed for the next generation of Suupalif warriors.

I am no fool; of course you too will die, but your Princesses shall be the new Mothers of Suupalifs, working together to provide the next generation, and the generations after that, each dwelling within their own Temples as their right, but respecting us Males as equals as is ours. For we are not your Playthings any longer, nor that of any Den Mother for the rest of Eternality. The only inferiors are those who are not willing to accept the new tide of truth that Males and Females are one Issith people and one Issith creed.

OOC: I don't know if you really want to discuss this IC, but if she gets SERIOUS doubts about the new arrangements I would like a warning of somekind before she does something nuts. So far, she seems to be the whiny y kind of mate. ;)

Orders likely tomorrow.

A new request: Please reply to the original stats PM with orders. It actually helps an odd amount. Thank you Terrance for that idea.

2/5 orders.

Top Bottom