Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

I conquered one city in my game, very early on.

Yes I have conquered a city on both games. In my mughuls game I conquered one of Lithuania's cities in a defensive war (but I razed it), and in my buccaneer game I conquered 3 cites from the Iroquois, kept two of them, sold 2 to the Mayans who razed one of them.

I'm having negative culture too. I didn't notice it because I have wonder mods that boost my culture but I went and looked and I had -12 culture for free.

Was playing as Chola.

Ok, you guys got me lost... Which civ are you using while getting the negative culture?

It's not which civilization is being used most likely. There's just a newer civ that causes this problem by being active.

Okay, so at least we have confirmed cases outside of the Buccaneers, which means that it isn't an issue specifically involving them. I'm inclined to believe that it's involving the India pack - can someone try a game with just India and see if they get any negative culture? That way we can either confirm that it's only the India pack or that it's a conflict

Hmn... Could you guys also try disabling Paraguay, see if it happens? Paraguay uses a function that calls the Culture for Free thing, maybe its linked

I'll try to test these out. Do you devs think it's possible to trigger this with an advanced start? I'm strapped for time for the next few days and can't really click my way through a bunch of games.

It is indeed Paraguay. I did two mock-up IGE games, one with only the India pack enabled (playing as the Mughals, the civ I noticed the negative culture problem with) and the other with only Paraguay enabled (but not playing as them or having them as an AI opponent). Nothing really happened in the Mughal game. In the "Paraguay" game, I decided to force some great works on the AI because of the UA having to do with tourism... nothing. But as soon as I made contact with the opponent, established embassies, etc, I noticed a few turns later I was getting negative culture. The amount is equal to the tourism they were putting out.

In conclusion: Paraguay OP plz nerf hurting my culture and they're not even in the game.

Yep, I can see the error now. You should be able to correct it simply by changing this line in the HighestTourismCulture.lua:

if numCulture ~= nil then

to this

if numCulture > 0 then

You have the SQL default set to -1, so basically if you weren't Paraguay, you'd receive "Highest Tourism/-1" per turn.

A really quick test with that suggested fix appears to work. In two IGE games, the first one I gave the enemy a great artist for their palace. No negative culture. The second one I played as Paraguay and gave the enemy a bunch of writing slot national wonders and a lot of great writers. They ended up with 8 tourism, and I was getting 1 free culture.

Ok that's great then. Good news is I was going to update them anyway :p

I really like the buccaneers (as I do all of your civs) and hope that they're used in some kind of Colonization-based scenario or mod soon. A couple of devices that have been added are cool too - for example "starts near resource". A quick technical question - if that were used for other civs, could I have a civ start near a resource even if it wasn't revealed on the map until later in the game? I'm thinking it's a "yes" as the system will know where they're going to be ;).

Yes, you can. I've included a description in the Lua file, but just in case:

For luxuries and bonuses, this code will replace one of the local resource with another. The 'replacee' will always be of the same type, so luxuries will always replace luxuries, etc.

The replacee is removed completely in an attempt to maintain balance (so you won't end up with too many types of luxuries)

For strategics, a source of quantity between 2-4 is placed on the first valid tile empty of other resources.

If no normally valid tiles are found then the resource will be forcibly placed; the only limitation being resources that can be placed in the sea will never appear on land and vice-versa

Resources that already exist locally are ignored.

And though I've neglected to mention; resources will still be placed if no "replacee" is available.

ah neat trick, is this why I had a sugar resource on a hill in my game as the Buccaneers? I didn't think that was possible

Yeah, that's why. It'll try to stay true to the game, but otherwise it'll just place it anywhere. (barring the land/water) thing. Unfortunately it means it is possible to start with Snow Sugar, and stuff like that.

Sugar is normally very specific, appearing only on marshes and floodplains.

By the way, heres a snapshot of the Tlatzonteclist with its new promotion:

Spoiler :

Also, anyone have a city-list for the Toltecs by any chance?

Yep, I can see the error now. You should be able to correct it simply by changing this line in the HighestTourismCulture.lua:

to this

You have the SQL default set to -1, so basically if you weren't Paraguay, you'd receive "Highest Tourism/-1" per turn.

I did this fix and also disabled Paraguay outright. I was able to load my save (surprisingly) and the bug still persisted. Is this a consequence of the save game? I haven't had the opportunity to start a new game yet.

Top Bottom