"The future will be better tomorrow."

Huh, apparently I miscounted or the number of resolutions you can bring up in one turn is more than three. Anyway, since I have fulfilled my candidature promises as best as I could, nobody would vote for me when it's about victory anyway, and I have given up all hope on getting along with Mali, let us vote about forcing everybody to allow (religious) freedom! :lol: The only two humans not currently running Free Religion are Luthor and Nighthawk, who, what an amazing coincidence, are also the two people who have consistently been pissing me off in this game! Let's see what the rest of the world has to say about this move...

Also I'd like to remind everyone that I have a ton of Great Engineers lying around and would be more than willing to exchange them for different types of Great People.

Lastly, the glorious Soviet Union is proud to announce the development of a new type of weapon: The Main Battle Tank! First prototypes of this amazing new machine are already rolling of the assembly line in Marxgrad, and the T-80 will soon enter mass production. Surely nobody will dare attack our great nation ever again with this much fire power on the side of free workers!

Link to video.

The "free" workers are indeed so free but sooooooooo free, that they feel tottally free to break any kind of commitment they sign!!! :thumbsdown:

GPS via email

The "free" workers are indeed so free but sooooooooo free, that they feel tottally free to break any kind of commitment they sign!!! :thumbsdown:

GPS via email

You simply don't seem interested in trade anymore, otherwise you would have replied to my inquiry about exchange of great minds...

Gps to Rodrigo Costa.

Never quite took on board that Recycling Centres just give +1 health and +1 happiness, in this mod, instead of eliminating unhealthiness from buildings altogether. Still, useful bonuses at modest cost.

Never quite took on board that Recycling Centres just give +1 health and +1 happiness, in this mod, instead of eliminating unhealthiness from buildings altogether. Still, useful bonuses at modest cost.

I don't get what your problem is. You are running Environmentalism and can avoid all the sickness from Coal thanks to your UB, that alone gives you like 10 health over everyone else

Also don't forget that they needed a way to make Arcologies worth building.

Why should I care to reply if you are going to break it anyway????

Because we could organize it over a third, neutral civ? Germany for example, we both gift the great people to him, and then when he has all of them he redistributes them.

I don't get what your problem is. You are running Environmentalism and can avoid all the sickness from Coal thanks to your UB, that alone gives you like 10 health over everyone else

Also don't forget that they needed a way to make Arcologies worth building.

That's true. Not really complaining just criticising myself for not noticing the change.

Attention, leaders of the world! I have an important matter to bring to the table! For simplicity's sake I present you a copy of a diplomatic missive recently sent from Moscow to Timbuktu:

Diplomatic Missive said:
Hello and good day to you, northern neighbor!

How are you doing? Quite well, I presume, considering more and more of our citizen are blinded by your bourgeois promises of sushi and weird looking buildings and accidentally seem to be giving up their Soviet citizenship for Mali passports. Why, these days in Mound City you can hardly set a foot outside without stepping on one of your propaganda leaflets, "advertisements" I believe you call them. This continued expansion onto Soviet soil has been going on for quite a while already, siphoning valuable farmland and forests for your profits, but now that your influence has finally reached the suburbs of our border cities we can no longer just stand idly by and ignore it. We have decided that some action must be taken if the recent world peace is to be continued, and thus we have come to offer you four options as to how to resolve this border crisis:

Option 1: You nationalize your industries and implement a planned economy. Needless to say this would be our preferred method, but we are realistic enough to not expect you to say yes to this one.

Option 2: You export all surplus resources required by your corporations. We do not care much who you send them to or to which terms, just as long as your cultural pressure decreases.

Option 3: A more local solution, evict your corporations out of Cahokia and Poverty Point by having your southern bosom buddies expand their own corporations there.

Option 4: Another local solution, you pass Cahokia and Poverty Point over to us.

We expect to resolve this situation before the end of the decade. Keep in mind that while military intervention is an option of last resort, we will not hesitate to utilize armed force should you leave us no other choice. Nevertheless we would still prefer a peaceful solution, if at all possible.

We shall also bring this matter up with the League of Nations, considering it is world peace that is at stake here.

Signed,

The Leader of the Free World

For clarity, here is a map of the region in question:

Spoiler Ex-America, the disputed :

With every passing day the Mali borders inch closer, slowly constricting the Soviet people with their consumerist drivel. It is only a question of time until the streets of Chaco Canyon and Mound City are filled with Sushibucks and Cremarts at the current rate, and things aren't looking much better in Moundville. The Central Committee will not allow that.

The reasons we are making this dispute public is twofold: One, so that if the Malinese government decides that more profit is to be made with war and negotiations break down we will not be looked at as the aggressor. Two, because the third option, which we assume is the one Mali is most likely to accept, by definition requires the assistance of a third, capitalist, power, and at that point we might as well throw in the other nations of the world as spectators and judges as well.

Attachments

• tfwbbt_19.jpg
    tfwbbt_19.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 142
As administrator of this game I hereby enact the following two house rules, effective immediately:

*You may only change the civics of a civ if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.

*If a human is the vassal of another human, the master may demand one resource as tribute every turn. If the vassal does not comply they must break the capitulation at the soonest opportunity. The vassal may cancel every such tribute as soon as the game allows, meaning a master can only have a maximum of 10 resources sent for free by their vassal at any one point unless the vassal sends them voluntarily.

It has been some time since we have had any progress. It may be game turn is stuck with Luthor.

Indeed. I think I saw him advertising for a replacement in it. I just hope he doesn't get Muffin, that would be the only possible threat to my current route to victory.

Indeed. I think I saw him advertising for a replacement in it. I just hope he doesn't get Muffin, that would be the only possible threat to my current route to victory.

Actually Luthor advertised for replacements in a number of games but not this one.

It would be very ironic for me, say, to replace Luthor :) Hey, I could play with all those units I gave him and finally attack Russia!

It would be very ironic for me, say, to replace Luthor :) Hey, I could play with all those units I gave him and finally attack Russia!

Oh yes, please, I beg you! Nighthawk wouldn't cooperate with you, and Hercules probably wouldn't enter a war against me unless I was the aggressor, so I would have finally free reign to clean up to my north without fighting a three front war! :goodjob:

Attention everyone! The Soviet Union highly recommends all the misguided nations of the world that have made defensive pacts with Mali to cancel these, as they have not only ignored our highly important missive we have already shared with the League of Nations, but are now also purposefully causing large scale environmental destruction in disputed territories. (Luthor is chopping forests in recently flipped tiles, in the BFC of my National Park city with Forest Preserves everywhere no less!)

We have already made our point clear, and will try to exhaust all diplomatic options in order to maintain peace, but it appears the imperialists in Timbuktu have other plans.

So, who is replacing Luthor?

Top Bottom