C3C PBEM - "The Cold War Deluxe; 1960 - 1989" Scenario

guys i think we should find a replacement for Krazydude. i'm going to start the setup but don't know who to assign his position. i'll just post in the replacement thread.

dude, you should check that very helpful spreadsheet thing that Kly made some time back. it may be able to answer every single ?? that you wrote.

i can help w/ the unique resources, pre-placed improvements/wonders and terrain.

Blackbird_SR-71 said:
guys i think we should find a replacement for Krazydude. i'm going to start the setup but don't know who to assign his position. i'll just post in the replacement thread.
yeah. give him another day or 2. sometimes RL stuff interdicts ya know.

so are we going to play with the random version for now? and what happeend with the Vietnam one? sorry to rush you on these questions

Blackbird_SR-71 said:
so are we going to play with the random version for now? and what happeend with the Vietnam one? sorry to rush you on these questions
it looks like this 8 man PBEM has died an unfortunate death. i'd be willing to start another one w/ less players if anyone was up for it.

re the Vietnam mod
i encountered some rediculous fatal flaw where the game crashed when i'd open a city screen. no error message or anything. just a black screen-o-death. everything's done w/ it, too. it's even ready for playtesting and all but i just can't figure out the f'in crash. it has peturbed me so much that i've put it down for a while; unless of course anyone knows a possible fix. however, i've spent multiple hours trying to figure it out w/ no luck. it's really a shame b/c it'd be an awesome, awesome scenario.

also the PBEM isn't dead i'm just waiting until the bugs are fixed before i start the game

Blackbird,

i will eventually upload the vietnam one when i can. maybe w/in the next week or so. it's not too big either (18-20MBs all zipped up). i would love to know wtf'ing problem is, too. it really burns me up that stinkin' crash.

re PBEM biq
i uploaded a corrected/fixed version several days ago (Klyden's version). it's a few posts back in this thread. Driveby, despite his 3 day CFC ban for unsavory posts (hah!), is working on the random TCW map.

El Justo said:
re the Vietnam mod
i encountered some rediculous fatal flaw where the game crashed when i'd open a city screen. no error message or anything. just a black screen-o-death. everything's done w/ it, too. it's even ready for playtesting and all but i just can't figure out the f'in crash. it has peturbed me so much that i've put it down for a while; unless of course anyone knows a possible fix. however, i've spent multiple hours trying to figure it out w/ no luck. it's really a shame b/c it'd be an awesome, awesome scenario.

**** it seriously sucks,... :eek:

All my :(

Since I did a players guide for the original TCW, it goes to follow that I should do one for TCW-MP. The file is done up in MS word format. Hope it provides some insight to the game.

Attachments

• Players guide to The Cold War MP.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 784
Esteban said:
**** it seriously sucks,... :eek:

All my :(
yes Esteban. it sucks. maybe in a few wks i'll upload it and see if anyone can help me figure this out b/c afterall, i did spend a good amount of time putting it together (1+ month).

Klyden said:
Since I did a players guide for the original TCW, it goes to follow that I should do one for TCW-MP. The file is done up in MS word format. Hope it provides some insight to the game.
it'll certainly provide insight. well done my friend!

Top Bottom