Embassy Cavaleiros-discussion

HUSch

Secret-monger
This fred is for the communication with team Cavaleiros.

Intel here
There email: teamcavaleiros@gmail.com

now 1920 BC we have contact
My idea of the first mail to them
Hello

I, anaxagoras, meet your warrior Celebithill.
We 've contact. For better communication I give you our mail-account.
Team.Mad.Scientists@gmail.com
I hope for good communication and peace between our teams.

HUSch

content is okay, somebody with better english-knowledge should just correct the mistakes and ameliorate the language a bit. :D

How about:

Hello Cavaleiros,

I heared from our mighty warrior Anaxagoras that he has met your warrior Celebithill.
Now that we have contact, I would like you to have this gift for better communication: Team.Mad.Scientists@gmail.com
I thrust this is the beginning of a good and peace relation between our nations.

With kind regards,
Mad Scientists

Tinker
That's better and good, will you send it to Renata and other with PM.

btw
I know my english is meagre and my diplo worst.

If the PM isn't sent with the turn, I 'll send it. Please note every diplo-move somewhere.

Tinker's proposal looks good (as far as I can tell as a non-native-english-speaker;)).

I agree that it should be sent latest, when we finish our turn.

This message just needs to say that we now have official ingame-contact and our mail-address.
Further we should add, that we'll send a longer (more telling) message later via mail...

We have to decide upon an "official" ambassador soon....

edit:
Maybe HUSch can send it ingame?

In the game were not so good, because we send our mail adress, so if they don't look precise, it 'll be lost.
I can post ingame
hello, look at our PM to Renata, please
But an email/PM must be.

I communicate ingame

Attachments

• Communication.JPG
    Communication.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 348
An issue for diplomacy is:
A limitation at espio-points, in the moment isn't to make this, but if/when we know more or all teams, there should be a reciprocal with the other.

On a settlement plan, it's doubtful they know we are so close.

One thing to establish pretty quickly among ourselves is if we plan to try to be friendly, or if we view them as a likely enemy. I see there being at least two factors. One is how we view the players on this team especially in terms of whether they are trustworthy. The other is geographic.

I go away for one weekend and of course we meet a neighbor :lol:

If nobody else wants to volunteer, I'll be the Official Scientific Emissary to the Court of the Cavalheiros.

One of the things that I've learned from these games is speak often, even if you don't have much to say :shifty:

Peter thats good, Oyzar want to speak.

btw
what are the rules for diplomatic issues in DGs, Are there any, like no map/picture exchange til ingame possible or not.

If nobody else wants to volunteer, I'll be the Official Scientific Emissary to the Court of the Cavalheiros.

One of the things that I've learned from these games is speak often, even if you don't have much to say :shifty:

:thumbsup:

From my point of view, we should try to establish a good relation to them. We shouldnt see them as enemies right from the beginning of the diplomacy. Maybe we should just tell them that we are in the NE of them.

what are the rules for diplomatic issues in DGs...?

Article 1.2 of our Ruleset prohibits map trades and screenshot trading until one of the trading partners know paper. Other than that, we're free to discuss anything under the sun.

I agree with Erpel that a hostile stance is probably not going to go over very well with them... any threats we make can't be backed up with with force just now. Also, it's important to consider how we would respond if they sent us a hostile message.

I think an analysis of the threat they pose to us should proceed in parallel with initial correspondence:
1. What do we want from them?
2. What do we want to keep them from?
3. How can we best profit from them?
4. How can we minimize the extent they will profit from us?
etc.

One other important point: My own personal style of diplomacy finds Lies to be of little use. I'm not against withholding the entire truth, but I won't lie (unless it's the general consensus). For instance, if they ask where our cities are, I would not tell them 'To the North and East of you'. Rather, I would simply dodge the question, or answer the question I wished they had asked ;)

Totally agree with you, peter.

Further I'd like to mention, that they are our best chance to multiply our research as long as we don't know any other team. (That's might also true for them, but we don't know about their other contacts yet...)

We should send them a friendly message soon.
We should tell them, that our warrior will continue exploring southwards (probably somewhere along their borders), but not with hostile intentions.
Further I would ask if they already met other teams.

Looking at the distances and the river in their territory, it might be possible to arrange a connection inbetween our nations. (There might be a crucial pass SE of CERN, that might enable an early road connection.)

Top Bottom