LK156, Spain, CCM 2.0

Pre-Turn

huge battlefield and land, hard to figure out what is happening
Anyway, after a while I reckon America is the best target. I go right for it with partisans, might as well
use them since hotchkisses no longer have range 3
Attack Atlanta, we lose 2 partisans and gain 1. Culture is now 6pt , hence city borders will expand in 2 anyway

At San Fran lose 2 partisans, gain one
Baltimore is in reach of hotchkisses, take the city without losses

upgrade a bunch of workers to partisans costing us 5000gold
we take Dallas gaining a partisan, lose 2 partisans but take Los Angeles
Miami is next for the gain of 1 partisan, we manage to take Boston for a net loss of 1 partisan
at Houston we suffer a net loss of 3 partisans

Chicago and Washington are taken by conventional forces, we gain the pyramids in Washington
take out a stack of units for some nice reg=vet promotions, gaining 3 partisans in the process

we are out of steamrollers and need to take a breather before eliminating America
the stats are 47/43 now

Turn 1 - 1766AD
border expansions have gotten us a mere 1% in terms of territory
Seattle is a costly place, we lose 6 partisans, Buffalo costs us no unit though

bad luck as tiny New Orleans costs us 2 partisans
Philadelphia and New York fall via conventional troops. New York has the Statue of Liberty
we then take St. Louis for no net loss of partisans, Denver has a lot of units inside but we take it easily with hotchkisses

The path to America's last city is plastered with units...I take the city and they still are in the game
I use 5 culture bombs to locate a settler and finally get a success near Miami

we're at 52/45 for domination.

The next target that doesn't have a treaty with us are the Aztecs, so war it is
Take two of their cities before running out of steam. The Aztecs have a lot of soft targets which we use
to create even more partisans.

I will wait for them to come out of their cities before attacking next turn big style.

IT True enough Aztecs come up with a myriad of obsolete units...goodness

Turn 2 - 1768AD
The magic numbers are now 54/46. Especially population needs to grow or big cities captured
I take out plenty of Aztec units and manage to take a few cities including the capital

There are still plenty of units around to be defeated next round

IT Suddenly we get this message!

They take one undefended city from us and move troops into our territory

Then the Brits declare war on us and we lose yet another undefended city, that's why I don't like to leave cities undefended

We get submarines, Great War Experience next but takes 7 turns

Turn 3 - 1770AD
Attacking a Greek city puts us at war with South Africa and Indochine as well.

I decide to raze Greek cities as we don't need culture flips
Ephesus is razed to the ground for around 7k gold

As the Aztecs have a mere 5 cities left, I am going to try and eliminate them before turning attention elsewhere
With the aid of one culture bomb and of course, the many partisans, we easily manage this and plenty of units come off the map

We lose around 10 partisans but Delphi comes off the map for 10k gold, we take back Budapest for 7k gold
raze Knossos for 11k gold, raze the last NE city Mycenea for 11k gold

We have 56k gold and can spend some of it on upgrades etc

capture Prague and we get the Hofburg adding an Opera to each city, getting us to 9cpt
I take another two Indochinese cities and then proceed to take out units and secure
the frontlines

we're at 56/50 currently

Uncover more hotchkisses in our cities and take two British cities in range

IT Greece is chasing the few partisans we have in their territory but its not an easy chase as they replenish. Eventuelly
all our partisans there succumb

Turn 4 - 1772AD
A surprisingly low number of partisans is needed to raze the next Greek city
They have only 6 cities left

We found two new cities in the Greek theater and start to kill nearby units. Gain a culture bomb
and thanks to that take out Thermopylae for the loss of 7 partisans and a gain of 11k gold
We convert quite a few workers to partisans and more than make up for the lost numbers

Found a few more cities and manage to take Sparta, lose around 15 partisans as Sparta had two machine guns
Taking Sparta allows us to raze more cities for more gold too

Greece is down to 2 cities and we might be able to take them out next turn
We dig in but expect heavy response by Greece

IT fighting is fierce at the front but we prevail. I decide it is better to take out Greece than deal with their units
suddenly the Turks decide to join the war and declare war on us
we get plenty of border expansions

Turn 5 - 1774AD
we are at 60/52, quite promising numbers.
In a complete bloodbath with 40 partisan losses we have to defeat 20!!! units inside Athens but manage to take the city
I scrape our land for any partisans and face yet another machine gun in Pharsalos but we finally raze the city but
then it dawns to me, that they have a city on an Island left....

which means we need to clean up their units using our hotchkisses...well that will be another slog
goodness me. The worst units we face are the adventurers as they can move too quickly, so I take care of them first

I try to expand into the deserts a little more for land grab
we're at 61/53, especially population is an issue as usual

IT

Turn 6 - 1776AD
with border expansions in 1 turn, we're at 62/54 now.

I decide it's time to go after the big English cities, though fighting infantry won't be fun
We raze Manchester via hotchkisses, we manage to raze Glasgow with partisans, resulting in new recruits
Raze Edinburgh too
capture Birmingham as it has Westminster wonder, culture bomb it and we can reach Liverpool with hotchkisses
Keep Liverpool as we can raze Leeds.
Another gargantuan partisan attack gives us London with a nice wonder, Victorian Era with a free dock for every city

Form here, it is cleaning up English, Turkish, Greek and Indochinese units

Turn 7 - 1778AD
we're at 64/57, not too far from 66/66...this should be achievable short term
attempting to take out England this turn, they have 5 cities left. First, we take Newcastle and Coventry in their NW corner
It then is relatively easy to capture Southampton and Nottingham. Now England should only have 1 city and a settler pair left
I know where the settler pair is as it was strolling past us for the longest time. It is an easy clean. We take their last city, Port Augusta and they are out of the game

with that we're currently at 65/58, not too far from domination.

I clean some Greek units, but fighting infantry with hotchkisses is a pain really. I am trying to fight them only
as much as is necessary to prevent our forces from depleting too much.
I rather continue to attack others such as Indochina. Manage to take Udong gaining a GA.
We take Bien Hoa

We need to switch to Partisans for conquest and capture Phnom Penh. This pushes us to 66% landmass, but we are at 59% population
The conquest continues with Sara Buri and Hanoi but stall out. I am missing the many new partisan recruits thanks to city razing

IT when I had hoped that most enemy stacks are defeated the Turks show up with plenty cavalry
we gain more tiles with plenty border expansions. Territory isn't the issue any longer

Turn 7 - 1780AD
we're at 67/61.
I need to gain more population by occupying cities.

We start a campaign in Turkey as they have really weak forces, ideally for partisans
we take two cities, the rest is out of reach.
In Indochina, we take three cities. Manage to get a GA, with the help of it, we can continue in Indochina
As we gain a second GA, I bring Indochina down to 2 cities and the stats to: 69/63
Capture Rangoon and there is only size 28 Angkor left, we now have 64% of the population

found a city in range of it so hotchkisses can do the magic, capture the city and hope for right message which we get :dance:
we're at 69/64

I road all the way north to South Africa and found a city for attacking purposes. These guys are totally backwards
Tugela is taken with little effort stats 70/65, Ispezi and Hlobane fall next, Umtata is taken too

we hit the magic numbers :dance:
However, to be safe I want to take another city in case population shrinkage and growth interfere
we easily capture another two cities. we ought to be safe

IT a very long interturn due to cultural expansions everywhere and some attacks, we actually lose an empty city to Poland

Attachments

• LK156 1780 AD.SAV
    1.3 MB · Views: 242
Nice win, guys. I really appreciated some new elements such as the new worker concept and that you can turn old workers into partisans. they are truly powerful. There are still so many units in the game, but that can't be helped I guess.

Congratulations to the team! :trophy2::clap:

I have never thought you could complete this game with the very early version of CCM2 and the tons over tons of errors we have found and fixed in that very early version. I´m glad you like the new worker concept in combination with raising the number of partisans and I´m interested in the feedback of the other players, too, as the next version (and I hope last version) of the CCM2 testfiles is short before been downloaded and I hope CCM2 can be given to the public just in time before Christmas this year.

In the next test version even CCM2 games on much smaller maps will offer a demanding gameplay. The range of aircraft, ships and missiles was adjusted, so they are not overpowered in smaller maps. I had a very interesting game with the next version of the testbiq on a 160 x 160 map with 16 civs. Longer AI interturn phases in the late game with that biq on that map have completely dissapeared. It seems, in the next version of the test biq, the strenghtening of the AI in the later game by setting ancient GWs to autoproduction of additional settlers, was a brilliant idea of Jersey Joe and PaGe.

Congrats to TheRat on a totally unexpected win. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

This next one will download the most recent CCM updates. It will be all random settings. No preset Pangaea.
ROSTER for LK157:

LKendter

If we get enough sign up early in the week, I can start by Wednesday. After that, I can't try again until Sunday. I have a crazy weekend coming up.

ROSTER for LK157:

LKendter
Elephantium

If we get enough sign up early in the week, I can start by Wednesday. After that, I can't try again until Sunday. I have a crazy weekend coming up.

Better to start next weekend (if the upload is ready at that time). :)

Better to start next weekend (if the upload is ready at that time). :)
LOL - this sounds like a repeat of last start.

Cancelling download of the most recent file I found on the site.

LOL - this sounds like a repeat of last start.

Cancelling download of the most recent file I found on the site.

rhodies civilopedia files, that I received short time ago, trigger a lot of additional work with leader graphics.

Looking forward to the next update for CCM2 and playing a game again.

This one will download the most recent CCM updates. It will be all random settings. No preset Pangaea.
We will wait for the next release from Civinator.

ROSTER for LK157:

LKendter
Elephantium
TheRat

I will play the next game as well.

I don't think I will be available the week of Thanksgiving. Nov 18 to 26 - We are planning a trip.

For the game play:
I definitely liked the switch from Worker to Steam Rollers. I definitely agree with the speed 1 settlers; speed 2 means there is no challenge to get to the next cities. I do wonder if units should cost more. So many towns can build one a turn with shields left over.

This one will download the most recent CCM updates. It will be all random settings. No preset Pangaea.

ROSTER for LK157:

LKendter
Elephantium
TheRat
Greebley (skip Nov 18 - 26)

ROSTER for LK157:

LKendter
Elephantium
TheRat
Greebley (skip Nov 18 - 26)
Jersey Joe

The files for the next upload of the testfiles still need some more days (more details at the CCM-intern forum). I will write a message in this thread, too, when the new download files are available. I´m very happy, that so many players are still interested in CCM2. :)

Please note, that the system CCM2 handles strategic resources, is not suited well for games on small island maps and the smallest map size of CCM2 wasn´t tested yet in a game.

Civinator, could you talk a bit more about that? How is it not well-suited?

My first CCM 2.0 game was on a small island map. It went okay, maybe a bit too easy. Resources didn't cause me any problems. I'm not sure if it was the smallest setting, though. I think it was 7 civs total.

Civinator, could you talk a bit more about that? How is it not well-suited?

You have only coastal seatrade and some airtrade given by some SWs with the resources in city radius.

Top Bottom