LK157, CCM2 Maghreb

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
The map size is 250 x 250. Everything is else random.

4000 BC (0)
I move the settler to not waste a bonus grassland tile.

3950 BC
Carthage is founded. The only second tier tech we can research is naval warfare. Work begins on worker houses.
(IT) Next up is our only scout. I would like to explore some before to many enslavers arrive.

3100 BC
We have first contact with lowlands. No trades are possible. :(

2750 BC
Utica is founded.

2540 BC
We have contacted Israel who is too close to us for comfort. No trades are possible. :(

2500 BC
We have contacted Germany. No trades are possible. :(
(IT) We haven't even met the Poles, but they have established an embassy.

2260 BC
We have contacted Scandinavia. No trades are possible. :(

1900 BC
We have contacted China. No trades are possible. :(

1820 BC
Algiers is founded.

1780 BC
We have contacted Britain. No trades are possible. :(
(IT) Scandinavia has established an embassy with us.

1700 BC
Our 50 turn run paid off. Everyone needs naval warfare.
I ship Israel naval warfare for polytheism, wheel and $35.
I ship Scandinavia naval warfare for pottery, warrior code, and $159. Carthage starts building slaver's hut. We know other civs already have this, as we lost exploring scouts and warriors to invisible units.
We have horses inside our borders already on our road network.
I ship Germany naval warfare for bronze working and $30.
I ship lowlands naval warfare and $204 for iron working.
There is one visible iron nearby.
I ship China naval warfare for writing and $36.
I ship Poland naval warfare and $249 for mysticism.
I ship Britain naval warfare, writing and mysticism for city-state.
I ship Israel city-state for mathematics.
We have every available tech right now. We have China, Britain and Germany behind us at the moment.

This is the southern overview.

This is the northern view

This is the only visible iron. This has to be our next city.

Our other cities.

There are 2 ships out exploring. Hopefully we can find a few more civs.

ROSTER for LK157:

This may move around depending who is ready to go.

LKendter
Elephantium (up)
TheRat (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe

Attachments

• LK157-1700BC.SAV
    543.7 KB · Views: 238
Nice rounds of trading :thumbsup:

Glad to see we did not start marooned alone on an island.

Are we sapping to city states?

We have the debate about city-states revolt.
We have a unique wonder to build that trips ours GA. We have a debate how soon on that. I knew I wasn't going to build it during despotism.

I'm downloading the new CCM files now.
Is this your official got it?

Nice to see 3 of the 4 other crew members have already seen this.

Yes. The CCM files downloaded overnight (thanks, Comcast). I'll play once we have a consensus on City-State and the Wonder build.

I'm in favor of revolution.

For the Wonder: Maybe build it in Utica, after Slavery completes? I think I like that idea better than tying up Carthage. We'll need some military in time for the next Settler.

Last edited:
IIRC the wonder is some type of harbor. Carthage may be the only valid spot.

I agree on more military after slavers hut. We do badly need to start getting enslavers out there.

IIRC City-state was just decent last game. What did others think? One advantage would be no tile penalties during our GA.

The unique Great Wonders, that trigger a GA for that civ now are listed in the civilopedia information about the civ. To have access to more detailed informations about that wonder, you only have to click on the link in the civilopedia.

If you click on the link (or in the list of the GWs), you can see, that the Harbor of Carthage is a powerful very early GW, that should been built as sson as possible, as it allows the quick exploration of the seas by autoproduced biremes and also provides Carthage with a small bonus in production. On the other side these very early wonders become obsolete with Tech Dark Ages.

As the GW needs the Palace as a pereq., it can only been built in Carthage, what makes some sense, as it is the 'Harbor of Carthage'. :D

Attachments

• Carthage1.jpg
    Carthage1.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 518
  • Carthage2.jpg
    Carthage2.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 463
Pre-turn planning:

Carthage will grow in 10 turns, Slavers Hut in 9. Harbor of Carthage would take 17. I'll just work on Slaver's Hut.
Utica can get Slavery in 10 if it works both forests, 13 if it goes for max food. Siege Workshop would take 16. It already has 3 food in the bin, so I'll MM for optimal growth.
Algiers: It's almost done with Maghreb Symbol. I'll start on Slavery next.

I'd like to build another Bireme or two to go East near Shanghai, but that would delay Slaver's Hut :( That will just have to wait until the next person's set. Or maybe come from the Harbor? We'll see.

The Harbor gives free ships - I vote no more ships from Carthage.

We need some opinions on City-States. Building the harbor doesn't make sense if we trip a despotic GA.

Yeah, I'm inclined to revolt immediately for City-State.

Free ships from the Harbor makes sense, but that will take 30 turns or so. I'd really like to see the ships now. I'll just have to be patient :rolleyes:

I favor revolt to city state then build Harbor. Also, several Ancient Wonders now provide additional settlers maybe we should consider trying to build 1.

There are a lot of tough questions to decide. :D

Edit:

Attached is a new version of the pediaicons file, as in the file of the last CCM2 upload, I have forgotten to add an animation entry of the new Pharisee unit and the game will crash when the School of Divinity autobuilds the first Pharisee for Israel and the game cannot find that entry. So please replace the pediaicons file in the text folder with the new one.

Attachments

• PediaIcons.zip
    68.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Top Bottom