LK158, CCM2, Canada

I hope at Wednesday night (depending on RL) I can upload the new files.

Ray2, sorry for the late reply to your last post, but I invested all my free Civ-time to speed up the update of CCM2 to CCM2.1.

Here in short: I observed the strangling of the growth of the AI´s cities by planting forests over the whole map, too. The worker job 'planting forests' now comes even later in the techtree.

About the AI contacts to other civs, the CCM2 update now introduces 'Great Naval Explorers' (like Hanno, Columbus and so on). We will see what they can add to AI contacts.

I will write a summary in the CCM2 Thread (at CFC and Civforum.de) about the new options in CCM2, coming with the update, as soon as I have the time for it.

But now the most important news: The new mainfile (2,9 GB) and the new biqs are ready for download. A big thank you very much to all civers, who helped to finish the new version of CCM2. :clap: :thumbsup:

Please be aware, that until now I haven´t had the time to do a complete game with the new update. So it could be a good idea, to test the new update before starting the next succession game.

Can you post the download link? Been to long since I went to the site to recall.

Can all players download, and confirm install?

The link to the download site is in post 1 of the CCM2 thread at CFC.

I'm not sure if I will get a chance to touch much until after the Memorial Day weekend.

No more mines on forests and grass? Really? Is that due to the AI incompetence of not knowing how to use this?

No more mines on forests and grass? Really? Is that due to the AI incompetence of not knowing how to use this?
There are a number of test games that showed, that the AI strangeled the growth of their cities in the later game by mining all fields and planting forests. The AI really loves planting forests and a late game with most of the map covered with forests is no fun and frequently artifically lengthens the time to reach the dominance victory condition. Besides strangling the AI city growth that also causes deficits for the AI in commerce, especially research, battletanks in the late game become next to obsolete, as their moves and blitz option in foreign territory are stopped rapidly in forests. This also is the reason, why the worker job 'plant forests' now comes even later in the techtree. I also wanted to reduce production in terrain tiles and making the improvements for boosting production even more important, making the decision if to produce units or buildings, that boost the production of units, even more difficult.

Please replace the old CCM2 Conquests biq and the CCM2.1 scenario biq with the new Conquests and CCM2.2 scenario biqs before starting a new succession game (Reason).

Please also use the camel unit patch in the linked post to replace the wrong INI-files of the newly added camel units with the fixed INI-files.

LK159 roster:
LKendter (new CCM version installed)
Jersey Joe
Greebley
TheRat
Elephantium

This version will be a lot different as shields will really be in shortage due to we can no longer mine grasslands and forests. When rails arrive, the shield boost won't be nearly as strong.
My vote is to just do a simply deity game unless anyone objects to get use to the changes.

Please post when you have CCM working. I'd like to get this game up and running in the next couple of days.

Simple deity works for me. (If you are keeping track, I have new version installed.)

Based on some posts by Civinator on the Germany site, he might be avoiding CFC owing to the amount of "data mining" done by CFC. When I read that CCM2 download is again working I will post here.

LK159 roster:
LKendter (new CCM version installed)
Jersey Joe (new CCM version installed)
Greebley
TheRat
Elephantium

wanted to download but seems the link has been taken down due to some issues?

wanted to download but seems the link has been taken down due to some issues?
Yes, here is Civinator's post from the Germany beta test site:
"At present the dowload of the mainfile is on halt, as the mainfile will be updated with some missing unit files (polarus protected cruisser and commerce raider). In my current (and first) full testgame with the update files I found an error in the setting of upgrading early armored cruisers and the techtree of era 2, tech Imperialism. I also got the impression, that reducing additional war weariness by the new building telegraph station is allowing nearly endless wars in governments Republic and Democracy. Thar building in the coming biq will reduce 'ww' not any longer.

I will continue my full testgame until reaching WW II techs in era 3 to see, if there some more errors will occure. At present the testgame is in early era 3."

Sounds like JJ and I may need to download again. Just a question of a full download, or a patch.
I suspect we won't start the next CCM game until next week.

Top Bottom