LK158, CCM2, Canada

The newest version of CCM2 (version 2.3) is up on the German site for download.:clap:
We need to download the "big" file :sad: plus the biq files (zips).

Here is a link to the download : CCM2

Edited for speling.

As stated earlier, I am on vacation and be back around 25th June.

Download had issues for me: Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Republicanism.

This occurs if I try to load civ content. It might be related to Steam, I did the 'rename for labels', but messed up the first time.

Note that I normally play an existing game rather than start a new one, so things might have been previously off about creating new games without me knowing.

Is this working for others? I haven't had time to look into it, but it would help to know if its 'just me' or if the CCM2.rar has an issue.

Oh I also didn't see the CCM2.biq in the rar so downloaded ccm2.3.zip separately. Is that correct?

Download had issues for me: Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Republicanism.

This occurs if I try to load civ content. It might be related to Steam, I did the 'rename for labels', but messed up the first time.

Note that I normally play an existing game rather than start a new one, so things might have been previously off about creating new games without me knowing.

Is this working for others? I haven't had time to look into it, but it would help to know if its 'just me' or if the CCM2.rar has an issue.
I looked in Civilopedia.txt and did not find a reference needing "ICON_BLDG_Republicanism".
Attached is a file I only played the opening turn in.

Oh I also didn't see the CCM2.biq in the rar so downloaded ccm2.3.zip separately. Is that correct?
Yes, that is the correct biq file.

Attachments

• Poles-sid-CCM23-3950 BC.SAV
    406.8 KB · Views: 161
PediaIcons.txt from my CCM 2.0 installation has a reference to ICON_BLDG_Republicanism. It probably has to do with that. IIRC saves won't work correctly between successive CCM updates :(

From what I can see, it appears that "ICON_BLDG_Republicanism" has been replaced by
"ICON_BLDG_Telegraph Station" in the newest PediaIcons.txt file found in folder named "Text"

I believe Civinator has stopped updating the files in the beta test forum. I downloaded my update from post 1 in the main German CCM2 forum.

I did downloaded the 2.9 gig main file while I was writing post #502 (above) about CCM2.3 being ready for download.

Elephantium, do you have the steam version? I wonder if the steam patch needs updating or something.
I do not have the stream version either, but I compared the steam patch to the non-steam patch the only difference I found was the steam patch had a blank line inserted at line 86 in the patch. Also, the labels.txt files both have the same date stamps as the previous version.

Greebley, did you check the VirtualStore location? Old files there could be overwriting the new install.

LK159 roster:
LKendter (2.3 CCM installed)
Jersey Joe
Greebley
TheRat (vacation to June 25)
Elephantium

(new CCM version installed)

This version will be a lot different as shields will really be in shortage due to we can no longer mine grasslands and forests. When rails arrive, the shield boost won't be nearly as strong.
My vote is to just do a simply deity game unless anyone objects to get use to the changes.

Please post when you have CCM working. I'd like to get this game up and running soon.

I am up and running, a test game I started is in post #505.

Simple deity is okay. Lots of land and not many islands would be nice.

LK159 roster:
LKendter (2.3 CCM installed)
Jersey Joe (2.3 CCM installed)
Greebley
TheRat (vacation to June 25)
Elephantium

This version will be a lot different as shields will really be in shortage due to we can no longer mine grasslands and forests. When rails arrive, the shield boost won't be nearly as strong.
My vote is to just do a simply deity game unless anyone objects to get use to the changes.

Please post when you have CCM working. I'd like to get this game up and running soon.

Don't wait on me to get started. I've been stalling on v2.3 because I have a v2.1 solo game I don't want to abandon. It's starting to look like I'll have to manage both CCM installs as well as the vanilla files!

I haven't checked the mod forum for mod managers; might be time to look into that.

Edit: I installed v2.3, and I've successfully started a test game. We're good to go.

Last edited:
I am trying to get LK159 started up.
The map roller does give some horrific starts. My first attempt was mostly tundra at the capital, then plains tiles nearby.
I get a marsh choked start that I decide to give a try. Scandinavia settled close enough to block our second city. It turned out to be a dud.
I thought I had a real start with Persia, but I didn't even finish 50-turns, and Japan had wiped out troops in both cities. It had to be his enslavers. I was surprised the cities weren't captured. Did Civinator change something?

I am reasonably sure Civinator did not change the map generation/starting location part of Civ3.
Maybe, since they have hidden nationality, enslavers cannot capture a city. :dunno:

Maybe, since they have hidden nationality, enslavers cannot capture a city. :dunno:
I know we lost cities before due to enslavers. That is why I am wondering.

Civinator posted today (June 21, 2018) that he "hopes to post new biqs tomorrow" fixing problems that were reported while he was on vacation. Since he is in Germany, his tomorrow occurs 8 hours before mine, so we could have new biq's shortly.

Lee, if you have not yet got a good start maybe we should delay a day and use the newest.

Lee, if you have not yet got a good start maybe we should delay a day and use the newest.
Let me know when the new .biq is ready.
I only got those dud start last night. Next chance for me to play now is Sunday night, so hopefully available by then.

I recall seeing this in a previous game. In peacetime, an Enslaver would attack on T1, kill the defender, but stay outside of town. T2, it would attack again and seize the town.

IIRC, in wartime, an Enslaver can kill the last defender and seize the town.

Top Bottom