SGOTM 09 - Murky Waters

Come to think of it, Gnejs, it won't help. What they see now is that last indicator they'll see on the graphs. AlanH won't show our next save. That is, not unless I save it six turns after launch... :mwaha:
:mwaha:
:mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:
:mwaha: :mwaha:
:mwaha: :mwaha:

Okay, ZPV, that makes sense. Thanks for the heads-up on that. GUess I'll go ahead and do it, then, unless the peanut gallery wants to make some more crackly noise...

pssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwww-weeeeeeeeeeee-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Good Luck! :lol:

Turnset Report

T151
The benevolent dictator, LC, ousts the torturing tyrant, jesusin the jailer, just in time to prevent any more cruel and inhuman starvation. All cities are granted bushels and bushels of food, while jesusin is banished to the dungeons with only tired leather shoelaces to chew on.

Happy workers quickly build 3 workshops in FL and both morale and production skyrocket. Some cities even begin lighthouses and granaries instead of this boring ivory-tower tripe.

Research is set to Ecology so the happy citizens can clean up the dismissed dictator's dreck. :lol:

T152
Ecology done. Bab chopped and life support on 1t.

T153
All parts done. Space ship launched. Estimated arrival time 6t.

T158
1 turn to victory, upload save.

T159
A source of silver is discovered near Ulundi!
Oh, and we have achieved a space victory!!!
Save uploaded and AlanH pmed.

Ulundi is on stand-by.

How could I launch IBT? Please explain in more detail, because now you've got me concerned. (LIke jesusin calling the shift key the caps key, which I understood to be caps lock... :crazyeye:)

Do you really have 2 caps lock on your keyboard?

When the interturn happens you'll be taken saveral times to the phallic screen. Just press exit every time.

Then, when you are in the proper turn, then enter F8, add the parts and launch.

EDIT: I didn't ADD any of the parts I built, so you'll have to add them all.

Do you really have 2 caps lock on your keyboard?

When the interturn happens you'll be taken saveral times to the phallic screen. Just press exit every time.

Then, when you are in the proper turn, then enter F8, add the parts and launch.

EDIT: I didn't ADD any of the parts I built, so you'll have to add them all.
Okay. That sounds better.

Okay. I have completed all space parts, but added none. Now when I go to the screen it says 100% success, estimated travel time 6 turns, but doesn't let me add them. I assume that means they automatically added. Is that right?

Then I guess it does, and this was a big kerfuffle about nothing. If it says 100% success, 6 turns, then launch!

Okay. Here we go.

Thx, ZPV. Successful launch. Now I'll just conitnue farming the living bejesus out of everything, for no good reason. Upload in 5t.... :lol: and then finish.

I see a 1665 save on the maintenance page. Does this mean you've finished, LC?

Well done, MW. :goodjob:

As you know, you can visit the other threads now, but please don't post in them until they are finished playing.

As usual, your final save will not appear in the progress page until the game is finished.

Congratulations on an impressive victory, Murky Waters!

Misfits are planning on reading your thread and learning what we can for next SGOTM.

WTG, LC, jesusin, team! :goodjob::clap:

CFR is scheduled to launch T150. :( Not sure about CRC, but I suspect they're smoking us too.

I suspect the aftermath will show how we were competitive up until my turnset... :blush:

Though one difference to CRC's game is that they built the Pyramids in 40 BC while Shaka built them in 960 BC in our game. :eek:

Great finish! This was a fun game with lots of interesting discussion and tricky optimization problems.

Gnejs, we would have blamed you even if you played the Perfect Turnset :p

Well, CFR have got us good and beat.
CRC I'm not so sure about. They are ahead of us in research, but their happiness situation is a bit tricky. I will be interested to see how they deal with that. edit: looking at their Russian thread, by their prediction they might be in line for the gold - saying about 30 more turns before launch, I think

Congratulations in a nice finish. In the end you got a bit too fancy for your own good taking over africa as well, you also did some miss management towards the end as you pointed out yourself (not sure if this could have shaved 10 turns of your finish though). It is clear that many of you don't have too much experience racing to a space finish which might have cost you some. The russians superior experience seems to make a large difference.

OSS might beat your finish yet too. Though not sure if they will beat the russians. They might struggle to finish on time.

In the end you got a bit too fancy for your own good taking over africa as well, you also did some miss management towards the end as you pointed out yourself (not sure if this could have shaved 10 turns of your finish though). It is clear that many of you don't have too much experience racing to a space finish which might have cost you some. The russians superior experience seems to make a large difference.

No kidding! It seems only a couple of us have ever launched a space ship. :lol: Personally, I have only done it once in BTS. Let's hope the next SGOTM is all about warfare. Kill 'em all and all that... ;)

Team CFR seem to have been very fortunate with Hammurabi building the GW and the Pyramids for them. Did Shaka pop that stone in our game? :)

What is the status of the other teams? Launch dates, projections?

Top Bottom