Altered Maps ': To make a map larger than what it maps.

That's cheating. It's the portuguese in exile because Napoleon got to mainland Portugal. :D

To the map above: Why Angola?

Historically governed as an extension of Brazil, I think (makes sense since slaves from Angola head straight to Brazilian plantations)

(Similarly, if Mexico really wanted to push it it could claim the Philippines and all the Micronesian islands on historical grounds, since they were governed as part of New Spain until the War of Independence (the Mexican one that is, not the Filipino one(s)))

His name says it all. He... He's the Last One.

A bit off-topic: an extra-early congrats for 14k posts, TheLastOne.

11k posts in first 3 years, 3k in last 4 years. :p

I'm keeping an eye on you. Something just doesn't seem right with this Polish fellow here. Something a bit off. :shifty:

(As a total random aside note, if I remember correctly, you're half-Venezuelan, aren't you?)

Yup and born in Canada to top it all off. A mutt through and through, my Polish noble bloood notwithstanding. :p

What exactly is the difference between a patriot and a nationalist?

Patriotism = Having or taking pride in one's community, state or country.

Nationalism = Ideology of expanding or pushing your nations interests at the exclusive expense of your neighbors and rivals.

The former is for the most part, harmless, akin to supporting your local Football team. The latter however, is extremely dangerous and clouds judgement.

Speaking of Football, I am off to play it despite this humid weather. I'll get to your posts later Domen.

We can only hope the future leaders of the world don't hang around the internet much. Otherwise, Poland would be wiped out of the map.

Hi. I fully intend to become Prime Minister of Australia and with that day comes reckoning.

I don't hate Poles per se or even Polish nationalists. I just want a certain "Dommy" to stop crapposting.

Nope, wrong.

Now it's right.

Nationalism = Ideology of expanding or pushing your nations interests at the exclusive expense of your neighbors and rivals.

So it appears that all good politicians are nationalists.

to stop crapposting.

Can you please define / explain the meaning of crapposting?

I don't understand, me English speak not so happy.

Hi. I fully intend to become Prime Minister of Australia and with that day comes reckoning.

I don't hate Poles per se or even Polish nationalists. I just want a certain "Dommy" to stop crapposting.

Hmm. When I was in elementary school I dreamed about taking over the world, putting my obviously very competent friends and family to rule on my behalf under my benevolent dictatorship. Never figured who would govern Australia as the 190th state of America or whatever - would you be willng?

Nope, wrong.

Now it's right.

Very good point!

Oh, that's neat!

Personally, I'd have put it slightly further west, for some reason.

Top Bottom