Altered Maps XVI: Gerardus Mercator Must Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our mountains are ancient and well worn down by glaciers and weather.
Greece is in an active earthquake zone so yours are probably still forming?
The brown bits in the middle are bogs.

Exaggerated relief map of Ireland.

What do you mean, "Brexit's been cancelled?"

It's interesting just how flat a lot of Ireland is.

Ahhhh - So there's Poland !! :D London have been overrun - tha "PLAN" is going well :satan:

San Francisco? Huh?

So, do all New Zealanders come from Wales?

Last edited:
That water looks a bit strange, imo. Way too green instead of blue :)
Well, it is the (northeast end of the) English Channel, which is not well-known for its... erm... clarity. Probably best not to speculate too deeply as to why...

Mind, you, all the colours in that photo look a little over-saturated to me.

Well, it is the (northeast end of the) English Channel, which is not well-known for its... erm... clarity. Probably best not to speculate too deeply as to why...

Mind, you, all the colours in that photo look a little over-saturated to me.

Yes, and the green (heavily polluted) water looks far worse in the Southampton pic! :vomit:

That water looks a bit strange, imo. Way too green instead of blue :)

It's probably due to all the radioactivity ;) It is pleasently warm though !

Now I know where Terry Pratchett got his inspiration to describe the Ankh-Morporkian water .

Well greener water does not necessarily means high levels of pollution ;) You can see that in the gulf of Alaska "Where two oceans meet" (it is actually not where they meet :D). Greener water is sometimes due to varied density, salinity and sediments from rivers ;)

Huh. I didn't realise Brighton was there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom