Unit preview: Galaxy Class Spaceship

TheMorpheus

Welcome to the real world
Galaxy Class Spaceship (Enterprise-D)

The Galaxy class was developed to replace the ageing Ambassador and Oberth class starships as Starfleets primary exploration vessel. The design was initiated in 2343 with a highly challenging specification which called for a ship based on the Nebula design then being developed, but equally capable of scientific, exploration, diplomatic, cultural, and combat roles all within a single multi-mission hull. In fact, many came to regard the requirement as too challenging; the project suffered from numerous delays due to a wide range of design, manufacturing, and construction problems. The first of the class, the USS Galaxy, was launched in 2357 and commissioned in 2362, nearly two decades after initial approval.

The Galaxy class which emerged from the Utopia Planitia shipyard had very similar lines to the Nebula class. The Galaxy is slightly larger in volume, although its less compact design gives it considerably greater length than the smaller vessel. The major change between the two is the lack of a mission specific pod on the Galaxy class, the increased volume allowing sections within the hull to be mission customized. This combined with a more advanced systems level to allow all functions to be performed by the single design. In addition the saucer and engineering hulls are separated by an eleven deck connecting neck section. This separation between the two hulls allows the nacelles to be located outboard and above the engineering hull, a position which increases the efficiency of the warp drive field slightly. This gives the Galaxy class warp coils an efficiency of 88% at speeds of up to Warp 7 and 52% through Warp 9.113 - the comparable figures for the Nebula class are 84% and 47% respectively.
Source: Daystrom Institute Technical Library

Preview:

hehe, counting the time the Negh-var needed, it will be done in 3,5 months ;) :lol:
and if I keep getting on Morpheus nerves cause I can't get OpenFX to do what I want, it will need 5 months :D

Oh, Morpheus, what about the saucer part, will it seperate in an animation? For example in death? The saucer could simply fly away and disappear, while the remaining parts gets destroyed.

Morpheus, can you do two sets of Torpedo attack Anims? Photon and Quantum? (For our stronger Galaxy-Refit Class ship)

And Awesome, as usual

TheMorpheus said:
The idea with the saucer is good Kenta'arka, I think I will try it.

I think it would be best if it doesn't fly away, but tries to, getting hit when the rest explodes (something like "Generations").

Hmm, one idea: Maybe the engine section should start explode while the ship get's splitted, not when the splitting is completed, that way it would look like saved in-last-second

Morpheus, can you do two sets of Torpedo attack Anims? Photon and Quantum? (For our stronger Galaxy-Refit Class ship)
I don't think that I would create a Quantum torpedo animation for the Galaxy class, why you will see in the next post.

And here the final shot of the death animation:

TheMorpheus said:
I don't think that I would create a Quantum torpedo animation for the Galaxy class, why you will see in the next post.
Please man? We really need it.

It is looking nice, though

Top Bottom