New Units: Pegasus and Unicorn April 18th 2005

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Two units for the price of one... which is nothing so I suppose this isn't really a deal :D

The Pegasus with Rider was the winner's choice in my last Lottery. The two attacks can be used in any order or combination, and I've included a Paradrop animation. This unit was designed to be set up as a land unit not an air unit.

File: 2.2mb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Pegasus.zip

Preview of the run:

The second unit is one that has been requested in my lotteries before and I decided to give it a go. An Elven Maiden on a Unicorn. The three attacks (previewed below) can be used in any order or combination.

File: 1.7mb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Unicorn_Knight.zip

Preview of the attacks:

There is the slightest possiblity if I find the time that I will make two variations of these units, a more heavily armoured knight on the pegasus as some people requested and a unicorn without the rider. But this is just a slim possibility so don't get too excited.

As usual Kinboat, these units are fantastic :D

Impressive units Kinboat. Very nice animation. Very smooth & believable. I found I could just sit and watch the animation... mesmerizing

Suggestion to those who want to use the pegasus, use it as a land unit with all terrain as road or ignore movement cost for all terrain. Rational? Limited flight allows it to cover all terrain more or less at the same speed, but it lacks the flight endurance to head out to sea.

Excellent Excellent!

*mummble* Time for another lottery *mummble*

Ah, the last pieces of the puzzle that is MoM 2.0 :) Unicorn was a nice surprise.

Excellent work Kinboat.

Those wings on Pegasus are AWESOME, nice work. The animations flow so smoothly and look very 'natural'.

These will both be an excellent addition to this site's suddenly massive fantasy unit selection. :D

I can't stop looking at those beautiful wings!

beautiful :D

Oh my, they look beautiful!!
Great work, Kinboat! :thumbsup: :D

P.S. Is that a duck i see on that maidens head???!

Ooohh a black pegasus as opposed to a traditional white one... I like it... very cool.

They both look great, I can never get over how good and smooth your animations are. Personaly I have quite low quality controls, if you can only see a problem in one frame in five i don't usualy take the time to fix it, so quite often you get a foot going through the floor or some jerky gun action... But you always seem to get them just perfect before the final render. Exelent work!

Wow Kinboat! I thought I was done with adding units, but there are 2 ugly units I don't mind getting rid of to fit these in my mod. No way I couldn't do that.

Wow amazing! Great anims man, brilliant!

The unicorn rider just screems for a conversion though. Without the horn it would fit perfectly in LotM as a early elven rider :mischief:

Top Bottom