Nature In Revolt Issue

Camper Joe

Chieftain
Hey folks.. I am currently in a somewhat uneventful and boring game playing as the Illians. I have been largely unable to expand because of these blasted sabertooth packs and sword spiders. So, of course, I beeline for Nature In Revolt.. Bad idea. I am allied with Cerunnos (Spelling?) but the spiders are still hostile towards me. Now, this would be all good and dandy, but my new cities have spider lairs within their borders, which I cannot destroy due to my being allied with Cerunnos. So, I find myself under constant spider siege, and no way to end it.

Is there a way to declare war on Cerunnos again? And if not.. I figured I'd bring this to someone's attention.. Haha, hopefully I can save someone else from a silky death at the fangs of these malevolent beasts. Thanks for reading, cheers.

-Joe

Hey folks.. I am currently in a somewhat uneventful and boring game playing as the Illians. I have been largely unable to expand because of these blasted sabertooth packs and sword spiders. So, of course, I beeline for Nature In Revolt.. Bad idea. I am allied with Cerunnos (Spelling?) but the spiders are still hostile towards me. Now, this would be all good and dandy, but my new cities have spider lairs within their borders, which I cannot destroy due to my being allied with Cerunnos. So, I find myself under constant spider siege, and no way to end it.

Is there a way to declare war on Cerunnos again? And if not.. I figured I'd bring this to someone's attention.. Haha, hopefully I can save someone else from a silky death at the fangs of these malevolent beasts. Thanks for reading, cheers.

-Joe

There's currently no way to declare war with Cernunnos, but the spiders you mention will no longer be HN next version. Just Archos versions. ;)

There's currently no way to declare war with Cernunnos, but the spiders you mention will no longer be HN next version. Just Archos versions. ;)

Actually, there is. I was playing one game (as Scions, I believe, though I could be wrong), and had built Nature's Revolt. Quite a few turns later, a smaller civ asked to become my vassal state, which I accepted. Immediately, and irrevocably (save a reload, which I did), my civ declared war on Cernunnos (I assume because the protecting civ immediately declares war on any nation the smaller civ is currently at war with when accepting vassalage). Which, now that I think about it, is probably a bug :p.

EDIT: Also reported in the bug thread.

Actually, there is. I was playing one game (as Scions, I believe, though I could be wrong), and had built Nature's Revolt. Quite a few turns later, a smaller civ asked to become my vassal state, which I accepted. Immediately, and irrevocably (save a reload, which I did), my civ declared war on Cernunnos (I assume because the protecting civ immediately declares war on any nation the smaller civ is currently at war with when accepting vassalage). Which, now that I think about it, is probably a bug :p.

EDIT: Also reported in the bug thread.

I've had the exact opposite happen. When I force a civ to become my vassal after a war, they take on my peace trait. So maybe when it's an optional vassalage, you take on their war, when it's forced, they take on your peace?

-Joe

If all else fails, go into the world builder and delete the lairs :p

I've had the exact opposite happen. When I force a civ to become my vassal after a war, they take on my peace trait. So maybe when it's an optional vassalage, you take on their war, when it's forced, they take on your peace?

I'd guess it's based on who initiates the vassalage agreement.

Top Bottom