A New Hope: A Star Wars Mafia Game (Game Thread)

No, I would reveal information that I think would help the town, but say if the town discovered who Yoda was and wanted to lynch them, that would be damaging, and I'm not giving credit to collective mob intelligence right now. So whatever happens could possibly go wrong.

Methos, everything you sent me has been sounding an awful lot like you're a bounty hunter just trying to scope me out and see if you can kill me tonight.

Really? Let's see what everyone else thinks...

Methos said:
I'll be very upfront, but I have no reason to trust you at all and currently, I'm more inclined to believe you're the mafia. So far you've claimed a bounty on your head, yet you've given no evidence to prove it and no one else has come forward stating it has any truth.

Then, using your bounty claim, you ask for protection, thereby gaining you immediate contact with a pro-town character when we have no reason whatsoever to think you are pro-town yourself?

So far everything you've said and done has been extremely scummy and personally I'm more inclined to lynch you. What reason do I have, or any of us, to trust you at all?

Does that make me sound like a bounty hunter and like I'm trying to scope you out? Earthling, by now you should know better then to make such statements. I'm also surprised at how you've handled this so far.

Regarding your statements about Niklas not being innocent, that I agree with you. IMO he's out for himself, but you on the otherhand, I fear there's more to you on the scummy side.

Also note, you still haven't given any evidence towards your statements and no one has come forward to agree to them. Looks like you've made them up.

Let's think about this people. Why would someone put such a high bounty on anyone on the first day? Earthling isn't foolish enough to give out enough info about himself to make him such a target, so why? My guess is he made it up to gain contact info from pro-town players and that's what has me so worried.

It's really very simple, but irrelevent now since we're not getting Jabba lynched today, though he really should go soon:

-I HAVE HAD A BOUNTY PUT ON ME, AND IN ALL LIKELIHOOD WILL BE ATTACKED

this has naturally caused me great concern is all and I'm being hounded on all sides to reveal people's info when I know I shouldn't, because I want to help the Innocents. Now that Jabba has gotten entangled in all sorts of lies/working with Mafia he's likely an enemy. I can't see why if I was anything but Innocent I'd try to invent a story about a bounty. Instead, the bounty exists and I am worried about getting killed; if I was a Sith or some mafia or something who could just kill any bounty hunter I wouldn't care.

Day 1

What started out as playful bantering about each player's beverage of choice mutated into full scale arguments, much to the horror of some of the accused. There was a late surge among some to lynch Earthling, but in the end most players agreed that no unlucky soul should be lynched on such a fine day (and more importantly, that someone should pass them the blue milk).

Tally

Abstain: 13 (Niklas, RRRaskolnikov, Shadowbound, Earthling, PaulusIII, wideyedwanderer, Stuck in Pi, Love, CivGeneral, Secura, Khazaar, Takhisis, Bad Player)
Earthling: 6 (Kennigit, landlubber, Autolycus, remake20, Methos, Arakhor)
Winston Hughes: 3 (johnhughthom, TheLastOne36, SS-18 ICBM)
Niklas: 1 (Renata)
remake20: 1 (Seon)
pevergreen: 1 (Double A)
johnhughthom: 1 (Wintson Hughes)
Secura: 1 (pevergreen)
Arakhor: 1 (Lord OST)
TheLastOne36: 1 (Capt Blackadder)

Not Voting (SHAME ON YOU! :mad:): 10 (Nictel, TheForestAuro, civplayah, Sepuku, classical_hero, thomas.berubeg, j65536d, link16, DrumStudent, Krill)

It is now NIGHT ONE. Night will end in approximately 24 hours.

Those with night orders, send them to choxorn!
Someone get me a ruby bliel!

Here's the problems I see.

-I HAVE HAD A BOUNTY PUT ON ME, AND IN ALL LIKELIHOOD WILL BE ATTACKED

Currently, you are the only one stating this. It's hard to believe when no one else has come forward and agree with you.

Now that Jabba has gotten entangled in all sorts of lies/working with Mafia he's likely an enemy.

This is another bad statement. You are stating that Niklas is working with the mafia, yet if you really are an innocent, then that's not something you would know.

I can't see why if I was anything but Innocent I'd try to invent a story about a bounty.

As I've already said, to gain contact with pro-town roles.

if I was a Sith or some mafia or something who could just kill any bounty hunter I wouldn't care.

Another falsehood. Even if you were Sith, bounty hunter, or something else, a bounty on you would still mean your death. We have no evidence to suggest otherwise.

You see my main problem with your statements is that you take your wild theories and falsehoods and state them as facts. When you consistently do that, its extremely difficult for me to take anything you say as truthful. I can only assume that since you consistently state falsehoods as facts, then all your statements are therefore falsehoods. Do you see my logic?

Now that Jabba has gotten entangled in all sorts of lies/working with Mafia he's likely an enemy.
This is the third time you claim that I lie. Either it's all in your mind, in which case you are just stupid, or you're making it up, in which case you have a hidden/mafia agenda. I ask you again to put everything on the table. But since there is nothing for you to put on that table, you will naturally pretend you didn't hear me this time as well.

Jabba the Hut will be dead by the end of tomorrow night, double-dead if I get killed thanks to his bounty hunters, unless the Innocents find a more important Sith or something to lynch tomorrow, so I don't have to explain anything to Niklas.

To the rest of you, I am an Innocent Rebel, and need to talk to any Jedi out there, but I understand you would be wary to trust me. If I could get protected, no other committment on your part (or well, anyone who could protect) that would be great though, because there is a bounty on me. Pretty much all the Mafia/bounty hunters probably know there is a bounty on me now so people who continue to deny it are going to look foolish in the end.

Niklas is Jabba the Hutt. So he's a fence-sitter, let's call him a neutral (not involved in the struggle between Republic.for now. He probably has some goons, at least Bib Fortuna.
Now, Earthling, how could you know that Niklas is Jabba without even getting a night scan on him? You either have some day phase ability or you knew from your Role PM. If so, then you're connected with him in some way and also shady. Which one is it, please?

O/T: btw can today be declared a Catuesday?

No. But there's too many positions in the Galaxy to know whether he's Sith/Empire/Separatist or something weirder... I don't know how far this stretches into the Extended universe. Any Nightsisters of Dathomir around?

Yes, I saw SS-18 ICBM and his playing around statements or false hints or whatever, but I don't care. He can kill Niklas if he wants and is mafia, if not, I don't think it's a big deal and have so much more everyone wants me to explain. To answer those questions, like I've tried to say before:

-There is a bounty on me for 13 credits. By the way, if any bounty hunter has the guts to step up and verify this, you could actually, y'know, show you're not anti-Innocent scum.
-I was told about this and about Niklas being Jabba from separate people. Niklas has done a great job in panic mode/whatever but maybe he has the position of power and people to boss around like is possible. It's obvious he wanted to explicitly deny the bounty and panicked when it was discovered he was Jabba and could be hiring bounty hunters.

Also, for anyone who really doesn't get it - PM Zack or choxorn right now to place a 1-credit bounty on any random player. This will NOT BE ANNOUNCED TO THE TOWN. Thus Niklas and the bounty hunters must feel very confident pretending the bounty doesn't exist, cause I guess they don't get announced. They would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids and their droid. But it does exist, and so I probably could do with not getting killed if anyone wanted to talk to me or help out with that too.

I really can't say who else is Mafia or something, people have run the whole gambit of private messages and responses to me, way too many motivations/mistakes/misconceptions each of them could have or not have.

I was told about this and about Niklas being Jabba from separate people. Niklas has done a great job in panic mode/whatever but maybe he has the position of power and people to boss around like is possible. It's obvious he wanted to explicitly deny the bounty and panicked when it was discovered he was Jabba and could be hiring bounty hunters.
Emphasis by me, interesting choice of words. It was not "discovered" that I was Jabba. I shared that information freely, knowing fully well that I would go public with the information anyway. You heard about it from Renata who had heard about it from me personally. I had nothing to hide then, and I have nothing to hide now. All your "reveal" of me caused was for me to go public a bit earlier than I originally intended.

I have not explicitly denied the bounty on you. I have questioned it, as I still do, and many with me. It may well exist, since it would be a strange thing to claim if it didn't. But it doesn't explain how you know about it, if only those styled as "bounty hunters" get that information from the GMs. Are you yourself a bounty hunter? That seems the most likely explanation to me.

and panicked when it was discovered he was Jabba and could be hiring bounty hunters.

This is where you've screwed up. From everything I've seen, Niklas went around telling people that he was Jabba the Hut prior to you finding out. In fact, the person who told you also told at least one other person before you found out, so again, your making false statements.

Also, for anyone who really doesn't get it - PM Zack or choxorn right now to place a 1-credit bounty on any random player. This will NOT BE ANNOUNCED TO THE TOWN. Thus Niklas and the bounty hunters must feel very confident pretending the bounty doesn't exist, cause I guess they don't get announced. They would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids and their droid. But it does exist, and so I probably could do with not getting killed if anyone wanted to talk to me or help out with that too.

Or you could simply read the rules under the "Bounties" section and save your credits.

Edit: Cross posted with Niklas.

This is getting ridiculous, you and the bounty hunters need to stop trying to pretend stuff isn't true when it is.

Let's do run this experiment. Random player X, I call on you to do one thing.

PM choxorn for a one-credit bounty on another random player Y. PM me and one other person, again randomly, and ONLY US who the bounty is on.

Then, whoever finds out about the one credit bounty, either publicly post, or confirm to me. Obviously at least 3 people will then know if you've actually confirmed that you can truthfully find out about bounties.

Except I do suspect no one will ever admit finding out about a bounty, because they/Niklas are all scum and bounty hunters and don't seem to want to help the Innocents. But at least then the original sender of the message will have proof that bounties are out there, including mine. And since it could be any entirely random player and I'm not asking anything more you don't really run much risk; in fact, multiple people could do this and have a lot of one-credit bounties.

Earthling, I'm beginning to think you're a bounty hunter yourself. OR you're lying and there's no bounty at all.
You heard about it from Renata who had heard about it from me personally.
If that is why Renata says she wants out from the game, then I'd say stay.

EDIT: multi-crosspost.

Okay Earthling, you got some splaining to do. You're going around wildly, getting info from people (you claim), want jedis and bounty hunters to contact you..............yet do not have stuff on how you know about the bounty yourself or anything.

I joke voted for you, but now I am very suspicious.

But at least then the original sender of the message will have proof that bounties are out there, including mine. And since it could be any entirely random player and I'm not asking anything more you don't really run much risk; in fact, multiple people could do this and have a lot of one-credit bounties.
Sigh. Zack already confirmed that bounties would not be made public, so running any experiments will prove nothing. I don't question that bounties exist, I don't question that there might be a bounty on your head. What I question is how come you have found out about it, unless you are a bounty hunter yourself. And I can't for the world understand why you've gotten it into your head that I would be behind any bounty on you, real or not.

I have asked you several times to put your data about me and my supposed dealings on the table, but you seem to conveniently "lalala can't hear you" whenever I mention that.

No. But there's too many positions in the Galaxy to know whether he's Sith/Empire/Separatist or something weirder... I don't know how far this stretches into the Extended universe. Any Nightsisters of Dathomir around?

Uh... aren't all three of those bad?

Assuming we're all Republic or Rebels, that is.

fos: Takhisis

Top Bottom