As if Direct2Drive's offer wasn't already tempting enough, here's a 10$ promo

How often does d2d have promos like this, does anyone know? There's a few other games I'd like to buy/preorder and would wait if these promos pop up often enough.

But I want a box. Will I pay ten dollars for a box and a DVD? Yes, I think I will. I just spent double that on beer.

No paper manual though, so I don't see the point in paying extra for cardboard: you can always burn a dvd if you get the D2D version.

No paper manual though, so I don't see the point in paying extra for cardboard: you can always burn a dvd if you get the D2D version.

Unless they buy the Special Edition they won't even get a box, but one of those flimsy cases, with the sides missing huge sections of it to be good for the earth. Who even knows if the SE comes in a box either now?

Unless they buy the Special Edition they won't even get a box, but one of those flimsy cases, with the sides missing huge sections of it to be good for the earth. Who even knows if the SE comes in a box either now?

I miss the days when nobody cared about the planet...remember the giant printer paper-sized boxes that PC games use to come in?

The code is not working as of 9/2, and I just got my game refunded so I could use it to buy the deluxe edition. Would have been free, now I had to pay the extra 10 bucks GRRRRRRR :mad:

Ever since the Special Edition was announced, it was indicated it would come in a "luxury box". There's description somewhere of said box, but I cannot seem to find it just now. And then of course there's the photo of the Special Edition including a ... box.

Are there any working codes at the moment?

(UK preferably, but I am happy to try any)

CHICAGO for $5 off $25
SANDIEGO for $10 off $50

As mentioned, good until Sep 14.

Nope :-(

Both say:
"Your coupon or discount is not valid for the product in your cart."

I assume they are US only :-(

In the top right corner of the D2D site there is a control that allows you to switch between the UK, US and EU versions of the site. Only the US version displays the discount codes on the front page. Not sure what would happen if I (in the UK) tried to buy it from the US site?

In the top right corner of the D2D site there is a control that allows you to switch between the UK, US and EU versions of the site. Only the US version displays the discount codes on the front page. Not sure what would happen if I (in the UK) tried to buy it from the US site?
I tried to order from the UK using the $10 SCHOOLSUCKS promotion. It would let me order and use the code, then added an approx $9 sales tax on it effectively wiping out the saving. Add in the exchange rate uncertaincies/charges on the card and it didn't make it cost effective.

i was able to get the deluxe edition from d2d for $49,99 (~40€) with the SANDIEGO code. my ip should be german, i had entered germany as my country in the profile, but the webpage was set to US for some reason. as far as i know, the order was accepted, i payed through paypal and the deal was made.

Following up on my find:

Yeah, the sales tax ended up being too expensive. Even with the promo code "SANDIEGO" it came to $63 for the deluxe edition. I can buy it off the UK website for £40, which due to exchange rates is actually cheaper when buying in Denmark. Still, those promo codes must be somewhere for the UK site too, right?

Anyone who can skip sales tax will of course find the better deal buying from the .com site and using the promo code (for a total of $50)

I have been scouring the net for promo codes for the .co.uk site, but can't find any... Anyone know where to find them? :)

EDIT: On another note, to the people who bought it on D2D, did you get a Steam activation key already? I hear there will be a pre-load very soon.

Top Bottom