• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I think the Philippines UA is really interesting, and it has the potential to give an almighty boost to Manila after the World Congress is founded. I do have some questions, though:-

1) If you break one of the elements required for the free UB, does said building go away?

2) Say you're in a game with Russia and the Zulus, and you have the conditions for your UA to activate with both of them. Their unique buildings are both replacements for the Barracks: which do you get? If you get one, does it prevent you from getting the other? Do the bonuses simply get merged into one building? My brain hurts...

I've been thinking about this too. Australia has 4 buildings and Canada has an additional one too. I think we'll have to define what Philippines gets otherwise an Australia-Philippines civ would be super beneficial.

I don't think the UB will go away - Philippines still has Rice Terraces, Carabao, Haciendas, Churches, American Accents etc.

In terms of two civs having the same UB, (like Russia and Zulus), we are not sure what to do. It'd be either whoever diplo'd first, or last (whatever you people think :p).

Hopefully it wouldn't be too OP too. Mind you only 20/43 civs have a UB - and in order to have it in their capital, they have to have the tech prereq.

Also, if anyone has any music for the Philippines, let me know! I currently have this, but it's a bit too vocal.

I also think the Philippiness UA is very cool. However, yeah, the other player has to be granted a small bonus (think Morocco and Sweden's UA)

What do people think? Bonus Production of whatever that building was? Culture/Gold/Random Yield boost? +1 Tourism in their capital?

I'd go with +2 Tourism in the opposing Capital. To me, that represents people going to see the original versions. =]

I suppose the most fitting choice would be increased tourism output against Philand (its cultural influence after all), but I don't know if that's possible, so +1 (or more) tourism in their capital sounds good.

EDIT: And yeah don't worry, the colors aren't that similar to my Argentina's...

Man I truly want to have the Philippines ingame!

"If the Philippines has Open Borders, a Trade Route and has a Declaration of Friendship with another civ that has a Unique Building, it gains that said building in the :c5capital: Capital. In return, the other civ gains +2 :tourism: Tourism."

Ye? or Ne? (Also, does this mean that civs that have all the Diplo bonuses but do not have a UB should recieve the +2 Tourism? If not, should they?)

Man, that Philippines sounds really fun to play as, or against, I agree on the tourism bonus, seems like a decent trade off. Definitevely an ally you'd want to get in your ideological block.

"If the Philippines has Open Borders, a Trade Route and has a Declaration of Friendship with another civ that has a Unique Building, it gains that said building in the :c5capital: Capital. In return, the other civ gains +2 :tourism: Tourism."

Ye? or Ne? (Also, does this mean that civs that have all the Diplo bonuses but do not have a UB should recieve the +2 Tourism? If not, should they?)

I like it, +2 :tourism: isn't that bad. If I'm facing someone with a strong UB it would be totally worth it.

Ye? or Ne?

Well, of course I'm going to vote in favour of this. =]

(Also, does this mean that civs that have all the Diplo bonuses but do not have a UB should recieve the +2 Tourism? If not, should they?)

I don't necessarily agree with that part. You're not getting the benefit of the UA, so why get the drawback?

:p

Spoiler :

Hey guys, for the Filipino UA, what title do your prefer?

Lupang Hinirang
Land of a Thousand Cultures
Pearl of the Orient Seas
Cultural Appropriation

Or just... whatever?

Meanwhile, here is a preview of the Leaderscreen:

Your face needs to be more dramatic.

I kid, any feedback is more than welcome :p

Top Bottom