Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Hi guys

as you have finished your Initial Plans :) What are you going to do in the future?

I am especially interested in... uhm... Approximate ETA of, you know... Inuits... As your fan...

Well as the Beatles once sung....

....All you need is art *trumpets*

No wait, that's not right. The Anishinaabe looks to have our focus at the moment. For the Inuit though.... All we need is art.

Hey there, is there a more up-to-date non-workshop download link for Canada? I've noticed that some of the icons in the current non-workshop version are improperly sized.

Heh, I didn't notice that when I downloaded the newest version. If it's not game-breaking then I can live with the size until TPangolin is done with more important work and can come back and do fixes for the little problems.

Canada's little benefit to mounted units has an oversized utility. It's a good thing you can't use it in multiplayer because you could really tick someone off by having several mounted units ride along their borders for the whole game, making it difficult to expand. In single player the AI doesn't realize that you are messing with it and does nothing to counter you. And lacking open borders, the mounted units create annoying barriers to movement and can even trap settlers. It's very amusing to use.

I haven't tested to see what happens when an opponent tries to settle adjacent to a mounted unit, but I suspect that the new city would be denied the tile that the mounted unit is sitting on.

TPangolin, I noticed the Canadian war music is a little overpowering at times. In future patches for the Canada mod, can you tune that volume down a little?

Will do.

It'll come whenever we get the 3D leaderscreen. What is it in particular that you wanted us to update again?

Meanwhile, what to people think of this? :)

The Philippines

Pearl of the Orient Seas** - If the Philippines has Open Borders, a Trade Route and has a Declaration of Friendship with another civ that has a Unique Building, it gains that said building in the :c5capital: Capital.

Katipunero*** - Rifleman replacement. Has an additional movement point when within friendly territory and gains a +25% attack bonus after adopting an ideology (abilities stay on upgrade).

Coral Church*** - Provides +1 :c5faith: Faith and a +10% :c5food: Food Growth bonus for each sea resource worked in this city unlike the Harbour that it replaces. Comes at Theology instead of Compass.

*Alongside his amazing hair, José Rizal was a well respected novelist, poet, advocate for nationalism, revolutionary and a doctor. Despite never leading the country, he is considered the greatest National Hero in Filipino history. A contemporary of Gandhi, Rizal advocated liberty through peaceful means rather than by violent revolution. In the end he was executed by Spanish authorities, captured en route to help victims of Yellow River fever in Cuba. Several titles were bestowed on him: "the First Filipino", "Greatest Man of the Brown Race", amongst others. Pretty inspirational person, yo. (Art by Knightmare)

** Civ UA is related to Cultural Appropriation and the fact that since settlement on the Archipelago, the Philippines is a giant conglomerative melting pot of other nations and cultures unique attributes, with elements of Indonesia, China, Melanesia, America, Spain, Arabia, India etc. integrated as a way of life on the islands that play host to nearly 100 Million people.

***These are based off the Katipunan, a revolutionary society built on promoting independence and Filipino Nationalism. Additional movement points relate to it being a secret society that could move quite stealthily so as to avoid being revealed by their Spanish Colonial Masters. Also has strong ties to Rizal.

****Here comes some of the more Spanish colonial twists to the civ. The most lasting legacy of Spain in terms of architecture was its colonial parish churches designed by innumerable Spanish friars. Many structures were made from local materials such as coral and volcanic rock. The Coral Church is essentially a harbour-temple that promotes coastal settling (and especially on islands) to get the maximum growth bonus. The food bonus can be switched out for faith or gold, but seeing as it's a country of nearly 100 Million people, it might be flavorful to keep it with food (alternately a +5% Food growth and +5% Faith growth could work too, but the results are rather negligible). It's also important to keep an incentive for settling coastal.

Aww yeah! Should we be expecting things such as the Tagalog as well?

Unless it is an 'anti-squirrel grip' feature.:mischief:

Yeah, just a bit high. Lower that and the waistcoat and it is looking fine.

He's looking fantastic! We might only show him from the waist up, so it might'nt be too much of an issue unless we choose a camera that isn't super zoomy (like Elizabeth's). The only other thing I'd suggest perhaps is some toning down of the eyebrows and maybe, just maybe a slightly different haircut.

Here is a bit of a reference:

Spoiler :

That Philippines civ looks brilliant - it looks like fun, interesting gameplay tweaks and a great color and leader to boot!

Somehow the Phillipines bonus makes me think it would make people more hesitant to ally with the Phillipines, maybe make the other player be able to get Coral Churches too to sweeten the deal?

Civ idea itself sounds really good, true to their character and interesting to play, it's true that the church not giving faith is odd, but can't have everything I guess...

Giving other civs an incentive would be a great idea, not sure about a Coral Church though. Perhaps a culture/gold boost or a free unit. The AI Philippines though is aimed to be as friendly as possible (think Gandhi, but with less nukes and more naval, and trade). Not sure where you are picking up that the Coral Church doesn't get faith (it gets +1):p

Regarding colours, I hope it's not too similar, but I made a graphic anyway:

Spoiler :

I don't know if another civ would be overly put out; it's one building in one city from that perspective. I guess the real bonus is that the Philippines will be able to gain multiple civs' UBs in their capital making one city quite a powerhouse. I can see this unique ability working well with a single-city civ actually. One question I have for TPangolin: a couple of my modded civs have two UBs instead of having a UU; would both buildings appear in the Philippines' capital in this instance?

Top Bottom